Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

Are Genevieve Nnaji And Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Overrated? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Are Genevieve Nnaji And Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Overrated? (2354 Views)

Kunle Afolayan And Omotola Jalade Chilling In LA / Mercy Johnson And Omotola: Who Is More Curvy? / Regina Askia And Omotola Ekeinde Jalade Who Is More Beautiful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Genevieve Nnaji And Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Overrated? by lalasticlala(m): 11:13am On Aug 13, 2014
The two are super star actresses and are very popular.
Omotola started making waves in Nollywood years back after featuring in "Mortal Inheritance" where she acted as a sickle cell carrier, and then "Abused" where she was really abused.
She gradually became the favourite of producers. Her role in "Day Break" was also remarkable.
Omotola made the Times Magazine's list of 100 Most Influential People in The World in 2013.

Genevieve Nnaji on the other hand started with a "waka pass" role in "Most Wanted" and rose to become the most sought after actress in Nollywood.
She was dubbed the Julia Roberts of Africa by Oprah Winfrey Show in an episode dubbed "Meet the Most Famous People in the World".

The two may not be much active like before because they are not upcoming actresses who try as much as possible to be featured in every films. They have reached the level where they have become very much selective as they only feature in standard films like cinema inspired movies which do not come often. They are selective because of their brand which has grown over the years.

Recently, I read comments of people especially here on Nairaland; some say that the two actresses are over hyped while others are of the opinion that they are not.

In my own personal opinion, I think they have paid their dues in the industry and cannot be said to be overrated.

So do you think that Genevieve and Omotola are overrated?

Re: Are Genevieve Nnaji And Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Overrated? by lalasticlala(m): 11:15am On Aug 13, 2014

Re: Are Genevieve Nnaji And Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Overrated? by hatux: 11:22am On Aug 13, 2014
Yeah! Very true, they are highly overrated! Its not that am hating on anyone but they are overrated anyway!

2 Likes

Re: Are Genevieve Nnaji And Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Overrated? by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 13, 2014
Yeah. They are highly overhyped.

In beauty, why must both be compared?. There are other actress more beautiful than them.

In acting, same thing but they are not actually the best.

In wealth, same thing.

Smh. It's enough

1 Like

Re: Are Genevieve Nnaji And Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Overrated? by Lorlaahlozz: 11:39am On Aug 13, 2014
Most celebs are overrated na

1 Like

Re: Are Genevieve Nnaji And Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Overrated? by montestic(m): 11:40am On Aug 13, 2014
They aren't overrated. They deserve all d attention.
Re: Are Genevieve Nnaji And Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Overrated? by LesbianBoy(m): 11:41am On Aug 13, 2014
Generator Nnaji is overhyped! Omosexy is not!

1 Like

Re: Are Genevieve Nnaji And Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Overrated? by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 13, 2014
LesbianBoy: Generator Nnaji is overhyped! Omosexy is not!

Painment. grin

She's going higher and you'll be hating.

Btw, don't forget to go and die or better still hug transformer.
Re: Are Genevieve Nnaji And Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Overrated? by Lumyboi(m): 11:52am On Aug 13, 2014
Cos jobless peeps wil always cari dia(al doz tv pple) matters on dia heads more than their own. Sm pple knw wen they take their baths n al dt! Stupid topics lik ..."Can u bliv kim n kanye kissin" whoDF cares if they dnt kiss
Re: Are Genevieve Nnaji And Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Overrated? by englishmart(m): 11:56am On Aug 13, 2014
Overrated?
How?

They too too rich or too famous?

MTSCHEEW!
They deserve whatever rating they get.

Last bullet

An overrated cow cannot stand an elephant
Re: Are Genevieve Nnaji And Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Overrated? by ammyluv2002(f): 12:59pm On Aug 13, 2014
Lorlaahlozz: Most celebs are overrated na
Except Mercy Johnson
Re: Are Genevieve Nnaji And Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Overrated? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 13, 2014
I THINK OMOTOLA IS OVER HYPED, SHES A GLORIFIED OROBO
4GET ABOUT THAT POOP HOUSE SHE LEFT BEHIND

PRETTY GENNY DESERVES ALL PRAISES GIVEN TO HER
ALL HER ASSETS ARE IN RIGHT PROPOTION

1 Like

Re: Are Genevieve Nnaji And Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Overrated? by daveP(m): 2:55pm On Aug 13, 2014
Hmm, tricky! To me its a good career span for them both and theyve carried it well. But Long overdue cos they seem to be waning in role acceptance these day. I prefer they start sitcoms that would make people smile like its done in USA.

House of payne, the old family matters, etc let them do something in dat line. It will be a good way to end their career.
Re: Are Genevieve Nnaji And Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Overrated? by 2romantic: 3:45pm On Aug 13, 2014
no they are not overrated
Re: Are Genevieve Nnaji And Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Overrated? by nikkypearl(f): 4:13pm On Aug 13, 2014
d question here should b,are you Lalasticlala being overrated

coz all yo thread dey enta frontpage
if dis one no follow enta,make i shake my hips 4u grin
Re: Are Genevieve Nnaji And Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Overrated? by Mariojane(f): 6:51pm On Aug 13, 2014
LesbianBoy: Generator Nnaji is overhyped! Omosexy is not!
what trash is dis one saying

1 Like

Re: Are Genevieve Nnaji And Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Overrated? by lalasticlala(m): 7:31pm On Aug 13, 2014
nikkypearl: d question here should b,are you Lalasticlala being overrated

coz all yo thread dey enta frontpage
if dis one no follow enta,make i shake my hips 4u grin

am not a celebrity so the question can't b 4 me

wow!! go ahead and shake it wellaaaaa
Re: Are Genevieve Nnaji And Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Overrated? by montestic(m): 11:27pm On Aug 13, 2014
maybe yes, maybe no

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Donald Duke And His Daughters Throw Back Pic / Does He Actually Look Like Davido ? (pics) / WOW Munachi Wows And Outshines Toyin Lawani!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.