Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,960 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Crazy Things Included In A Marriage List. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Crazy Things Included In A Marriage List. (966 Views)

Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? / The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. / Why Are Imo State Ladies This Expensive To Marry?(see Pics Of Marriage List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crazy Things Included In A Marriage List. by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 13, 2014
Okay now this got me really full of laughter after reading some real and crazy things families include in a list to the groom to be, such as below by Superstar007

1. 20 litres of hot drink
2. 7male goats for elders
3. 7 female goats for the old women
4. 22 Jersey, 22boats, and 10balls for
the youths.
5. 120 yards of Nigeria wax for
the young girls.
6. 30 tubers of yams and 40 sea fishes
for the oldest men and women in the
family.
7. 7 kola nuts and 10 bitter kola.
8. One bull for the king and elders in
council.
9. A sewing machine for the
younger sister.
10. 5 trip of sand and 17 bags of
dangote cement.
11.Three gallons of 20litres
palm wine.
12. 2 white sheep for her elder and
younger brothers.
13. 200 bathroom slippers for
the villagers.
14. 50liters of petrol
15. 4 handsets for her other
siblings.
16. 7 cartons each of star
beer, coke and snap.
17. The father and mother's
clothes with the sum of N180,000.
18. 2 big box that will be use to park
her clothes.
19. A white bicycle for her uncle.
20. when coming with the
above items, come with the cow
that will be killed for the marriage
ceremony.

now to the married and intending couples how did the marriage list given to you looks like and what did u find So hilarious in the list.....

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things Included In A Marriage List. by ramdris(m): 11:35am On Aug 13, 2014
Nonsense of the highest order. I can't imagine any family giving me this as their marriage list. Hmnnn if I no slap d man na small go remain o.
Re: Crazy Things Included In A Marriage List. by egopersonified(f): 12:17pm On Aug 13, 2014
Superstar007, hope you have started buying them one at atime, if not I can facilitate a loan with 21% interest and all your landed properties home and abroad as collateral, even if it is just 1sqm of land, no problem, kindly consider my offer.

Op, no 13 is very outrageous, 200 bathroom slippers for the villagers, that makes the man a community/public husband ohh.

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things Included In A Marriage List. by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 13, 2014
Superstar007, please I would like to know what ethnic group your wife is coming from. I need to know so as to avoid.

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things Included In A Marriage List. by mumumugu(m): 1:04pm On Aug 13, 2014
Ten hp laptop

twenty android phones

five blackberry

three tabblet

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things Included In A Marriage List. by Agybabe(f): 1:26pm On Aug 13, 2014
See as them dey sell the geh.

This is what gives some men the guts to say:
"you belong to me"

"wholly and fully you is mine"

"I don't want you to go see your mama"

"Who are they sef?"

Some traditions svcks!

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things Included In A Marriage List. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 13, 2014
mumumugu: Ten hp laptop

twenty android phones

five blackberry

three tabblet

na wa o...civilization Don enter bride price too.
Re: Crazy Things Included In A Marriage List. by LaRoyalHighness(f): 2:02pm On Aug 13, 2014
Every Damn thing on that list is crazy.
Re: Crazy Things Included In A Marriage List. by timpaker(m): 2:15pm On Aug 13, 2014
Wait until you see something like
1. 1 ladies motorcycle for bride's mother/grandmother
2. 2 wheelbarrows
3. 14 tins of snuff (like WTF the person na royal 'highness')
Etc.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things Included In A Marriage List. by dBard: 3:35pm On Aug 13, 2014
Got my list of almost 1/2a mill (after 2 adjustments) n was like WTF! !..n peeps were like 'u got off easy'.

Have said it, n will still maintain it...marriage lists these days is a fraud. .ridiculous emotional n financial blackmail.
At d end, aren't we 'buying' our wives? ? Yet after that, ur still expected to handle the trad n all.

I promptly called off d wedding sha n went incommunicado f a week plus until a downward review was assured..afterall, 2 can play d game..#notimeforlongthings

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things Included In A Marriage List. by Superstar007(m): 3:51pm On Aug 13, 2014
Actually, I got the list from facebook. . When I saw it, I was like WTF? shocked
So, I decided to post it here on NL only to login and see 20+ mentions.

God knows If I get such a list from my intending inlaws even if I be Dangote pikin, na to tear race oh grin but I know that there are some people who think that because someone wants to marry their daughter, they see it as a ladder of upgrade, like the man is a kinda God sent saviour. Then after the man sees that all he paid for wasn't worth it, the frustration could make him beat up the wife.

(1) (Reply)

UNBELIEVABLE: Uk-nigerian Mom Gives Birth To White Bouncing Baby Boy / Duke and Duchess of Cambridge,Kate And William Expecting 2nd Child / What Does Feminism Mean To You ? Join The Debate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.