Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,373 members, 7,958,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:31 AM

Tobacco, Zmapp And Ebola - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Tobacco, Zmapp And Ebola (1064 Views)

Lassa Fever And Ebola Virus Disease-the connection / MouthAction Is ‘bigger Cause Of Throat Cancer Than Tobacco’ / Vitamin C And Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tobacco, Zmapp And Ebola by IdomaLikita: 11:46am On Aug 13, 2014
Dear NLs,
I don't want to Start another Salt and Water Type Madness in the Country, but I stumbled upon something that has been Puzzling me since yesterday!
An Old Igala man who appeared not too literate caught my attention yesterday when He saw us talking about Ebola and made his input!
He asked how the Disease was Transmitted and How Sufferers Presented, We Told him! and Lo and Behold, He told us His Grandfather once told him about a Disease that Affected Hunters who ate Monkeys and Gorillas and that those Hunters if left untreated Died within Days bleeding from various Orifices!
And that the Only Cure back then was giving the Afflicted a Remedy consisting of a Piece of Cured Tobacco(the Types our Grandmas Braid and keep in their Mud Kitchens) dissolved in water!
He was so sure of this treatment regimen that he said we should ask any Ebola patient to try it! We laughed him off and told him modern medicine was the ultimate!

I decided to read more on Zmapp in my free time last night and was Shocked to Discover that the Monoclonal Antibodies that formed the Core of the Drug were Cultured on TOBACCO LEAVES!!!
I was so shocked by the Apparent Coincidence that I called my Colleagues in the Dead of the Night to tell them!
We've been discussing the coincidence in the Office all morning and have been asking the Questions below:

1. Could the Old Man be Right? Considering that the same process of genetic re-assortment and purification of Monoclonal Antibodies carried out with Extracts of Tobacco in-Vitro Could ALSO OCCUR in-Vivo so long as the active substance circulated in the Blood Stream?!!!

2. Can the Presidential Committee on finding Ebola-Cure investigate this Claim and build upon it(considering that there is a Potent Lead as regards Zmapp)?

3. Did the Americans Steal From Us, What We Already Knew??

Oya NL Bad-Belles! Start bashing the thread for being unscientific because the Old Igala man isn't an Oyibo!
Re: Tobacco, Zmapp And Ebola by topsy1971: 12:16pm On Aug 13, 2014
Me I don talk am say Na African solution will cure this Ebola disease since it is an African infection. There is no disease that doesn't have solution. Our ignorance and excessive embrace of while man's culture is the root of our problem. @OP, if I were you, I will liase with some students of microbiology and pharmacology to carry out more research on this information. God might have just shown you your goldmine.
Re: Tobacco, Zmapp And Ebola by corisande: 12:59pm On Aug 13, 2014
Hmmmm
Re: Tobacco, Zmapp And Ebola by IdomaLikita: 4:01pm On Aug 13, 2014
topsy1971: Me I don talk am say Na African solution will cure this Ebola disease since it is an African infection. There is no disease that doesn't have solution. Our ignorance and excessive embrace of while man's culture is the root of our problem. @OP, if I were you, I will liase with some students of microbiology and pharmacology to carry out more research on this information. God might have just shown you your goldmine.

Honestly, You are Right! The Essence of bringing it to this Forum is to see if NL Scientists can take up this matter!
The only Problem is that the Virus is too Virulent for Students to tamper with it without an Ultra-Modern Lab that will protect them!
The Hope is for the Mods to move this matter to Frontpage! Who knows who will be interested in taking up the matter in terms of funding?
I'll be a Glad man should Nigeria discover an Indigenous Cure 4 this!

Abeg Mod! Help us na!
Re: Tobacco, Zmapp And Ebola by Ninapha(f): 6:52pm On Aug 13, 2014
It may sound stupid oo but me i dey go buy utaba leave keep for house. Before it will be out of stock.

Oya mama ebere, give me 15, 000 worth of utaba leave, mama abeg keep am for ur uko-chimney.
Re: Tobacco, Zmapp And Ebola by chamboy(m): 9:03pm On Aug 13, 2014
Am interested in this solution bound halla doliphils@gmail.com
Re: Tobacco, Zmapp And Ebola by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:51pm On Aug 13, 2014
Fascinating and interesting read. What I think would make it more fascinating is:

1. Find out the community the man is from.

2. The time it happened ie How old was he and the year it happened.

3. Verify his tale from anyone who lived in that time.

If it is a verified fact that an infection from monkeys afflicted a community in Nigeria, then you are up to something.

If you can see the man again, find out his community.
Re: Tobacco, Zmapp And Ebola by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:28am On Aug 14, 2014
Tobacco was highly prized for its medicinal value, especially against the Plague. It is said that at Eton one boy was flogged for being discovered not smoking.

http://www.pepys.info/1665/plague.html

OP, I salute you and your old man. This is worth researching.
Re: Tobacco, Zmapp And Ebola by Coldfaya(m): 11:29am On Aug 17, 2014
This thread is a reflection of Nigeria. Such an important and enlightening thread will not b moved to front page where it ll generate greater view n ppl go into research; it is Left in this quiet place. While many useless threads r on d FP.

Nice job OP. I've also been of the opinion that the solution to ebola lies in our bushes begging for us to come pluck them, grind mix and drink.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

10 Super Foods For Women / Dangers Of Mixing Alcohol And Energy Drinks. / Uncircumcised Ladies : Do You Experience An Abnormal Sexual Urge?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.