Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Was Jesus, The Messiah, Descended From King David? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Jesus, The Messiah, Descended From King David? (1642 Views)

That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David. / Letter From King Leopold II Of Belgium To Colonial Missionaries / Letter from King Leopold II of Belgium to Colonial Missionaries, 1883 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Jesus, The Messiah, Descended From King David? by huxley(m): 3:23pm On Oct 20, 2008
It has been traditionally believed amongst Christians that Jesus was descended from King David, and according to scripture and prophecy, the Messiah's bloodline with King David was an important feature of the character of said Messiah.

In what way was Jesus related to David? Was he related to David through is paternal or maternal lines? Did he share genetic material with Kind David?
Re: Was Jesus, The Messiah, Descended From King David? by Nimshi: 5:11am On Oct 26, 2008
David: hey, take a stab at this, eh.
grin
Re: Was Jesus, The Messiah, Descended From King David? by DavidDylan(m): 10:07pm On Oct 26, 2008
He has a bible, he can find it there.
Re: Was Jesus, The Messiah, Descended From King David? by huxley(m): 12:48am On Oct 27, 2008
Nimshi:

David: hey, take a stab at this, eh.
grin

Nimshi,

you know when David resorts to such off-hand comments, he has run out of options and has no legs to stand on.

I glad you were able to see just how this was gonna tie him ( and his ilk) in knots. smiley
Re: Was Jesus, The Messiah, Descended From King David? by DavidDylan(m): 1:11am On Oct 27, 2008
huxley:

Nimshi,

you know when David resorts to such off-hand comments, he has run out of options and has no legs to stand on.

I glad you were able to see just how this was going to tie him ( and his ilk) in knots. smiley

Its pretty hard to answer 50 threads at once, motivation is even lower when you consider the fact that the person asking hasnt done his homework properly before coming up with nonsensical allegations.

Now the issue of Christ's lineage has been dealt with severally. Pls do a google search of the religion thread.
Re: Was Jesus, The Messiah, Descended From King David? by Nimshi: 5:39pm On Oct 27, 2008
Huxley: Smart Christians know to dodge deceptively simple questions, eh.

David: c'mon! Is the Messiah related to his foster father? Or, is his biological mother a descendant of King David*. Or, is she related to Ruth**? C'mon, you just harangued on Chris' thread that the bible is easy to understand. What's a question about the Messiah in all 50 threads? C'mon David, you better than that, ain't you? Give it a shot; you're a nice shot, no? ;-) [Note: no Tu quoque arguments, ok?]

*man after God's heart, repentant adulterer and murderer . . .
** she of the pimping by her MIL . . .
Re: Was Jesus, The Messiah, Descended From King David? by DavidDylan(m): 5:47pm On Oct 27, 2008
Nimshi:

David: c'mon! Is the Messiah related to his foster father? Or, is his biological mother a descendant of King David*. Or, is she related to Ruth**? C'mon, you just harangued on Chris' thread that the bible is easy to understand. What's a question about the Messiah in all 50 threads? C'mon David, you better than that, ain't you? Give it a shot; you're a nice shot, no? ;-) [Note: no Tu quoque arguments, ok?]

*man after God's heart, repentant adulterer and murderer . . .
** she of the pimping by her MIL . . .

- Mohammad the murderer, robber and intolerant fellow is much worse than David.
- David married less than 7 wives, we know mohammed married about 30 including slaves, hoodwinking his nephew to steal his wife and those he raped.

c'mon Nimshi, when you live in glass houses dont throw hefty rocks.

Back to Huxley's "question" that you miserably trumpet . . . what about the islamic Jesus? Does your quran have NO RECORD of the lineage of this oh so great "prophet" your allah now claims to have sent?
Re: Was Jesus, The Messiah, Descended From King David? by Nimshi: 6:37pm On Oct 27, 2008
Boo hooo Daviiid! grin

In what way was Jesus related to David?

Was he related to David through is paternal or maternal lines?

Did he share genetic material with Kind David?

Too tough, eh?

Didn't you see the: "No Tu Quoque Arguments" warning?

C'mon; David; not a good defence for your namesake. C'mon!

Re: Was Jesus, The Messiah, Descended From King David? by DavidDylan(m): 6:46pm On Oct 27, 2008
Nimshi:

Boo hooo Daviiid! grin

Too tough, eh?

Didn't you see the: "No Tu Quoque Arguments" warning?

C'mon; David; not a good defence for your namesake. C'mon!

I ignored it. You cant eat your cake and have it bro.

The same David you're poking fun at is the very same one allah LIED so glibly to have sent in his quran no? grin What a funny mishmash of confusion islam truly is. they claim jewish prophets when it is convenient to them.

Forgotten about allah's claims to David's psaboors? cheesy

My dear, give way let more serious people ask questions. I dont entertain hypocrites who try to hide behind their own finger by crying "Tu Quoque" anytime you expose them.
Re: Was Jesus, The Messiah, Descended From King David? by Nimshi: 7:31pm On Oct 27, 2008
Okay; you made your point, in the glory of all your ignorance.

Now:

In what way was Jesus related to David?

Was he related to David through is paternal or maternal lines?

Did he share genetic material with Kind David?

And, they were Huxley's questions, eh. Quick, take a stab, Dave; do it.
Re: Was Jesus, The Messiah, Descended From King David? by Nimshi: 6:13pm On Dec 15, 2008
. . .

deleted.
Re: Was Jesus, The Messiah, Descended From King David? by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:48pm On Dec 15, 2008
Hmmm when a toad comes out in the afternoon then wahala dey, Nimshi where have you been?
Re: Was Jesus, The Messiah, Descended From King David? by Nimshi: 4:51am On Dec 16, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

Hmmm when a toad comes out in the afternoon then wahala dey, Nimshi where have you been?

Chris my friend!

Longest time. Me? Been around, roaming the surface of the earth ;-)

As I'd said, it was scary to read that I'd spent 4 days on this board. Got registered about 590 days ago. . . and have spent more than 4 days online; that's effectively 12 days for an 8-hour day. 12 days!

David puts his at 105 days, excluding his days on ban. That's more than 100 eight-hour days every year for that last three years. Quite a bit, don't you think?

Anyways, I'd come online to see what's going on, and to have a chat on the consequences of Islamic Banking in these times; but as usual, you'll see much activity going on on this side of the pond than on the Islamic section; looks like not much has happened to impove the grey matte gravitas over there. Perhaps a quick thread appropriately titled right on here would generate some attention and invite some useful contributions.

Missed you some too. These things get addictive. . .
Re: Was Jesus, The Messiah, Descended From King David? by Dios(f): 8:01am On Dec 16, 2008
Since joseph didn't have sex with mary, mary must be the descendant of david.
Joseph was a gullible fellow, his virgin wife came up pregnant and he didn't raise an eyebrow. If they were married, why was she still a virgin? Did she get f**ked by the the holy spirit before they got married?
Its december, I'm in iraq right now, ain't no way any sane person will give birth in a manger at this time of the year. It gets cold over here for real.

grin

(1) (Reply)

@Thehomer: Is It God At Fault Here Again & Doctors The Heroes? / The Parable Of The Trees And The End-Time Churches – Reign Over Us Lord! / A Message From Jesus To The World. A Must Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.