Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

Nairaland Front Page - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nairaland Front Page (831 Views)

How Can I Make My Smf Website To Be Like Nairaland Front Page (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Front Page by onatisi(m): 5:10pm On Aug 13, 2014
Good day everyone , I have been noticing something about nairaland for some weeks now and maybe the mods or someone will have an explanation. Nairaland front page is not been updated regularly as it was been done before the last site crash, nowadays topics stay for as long as 8 to 12 hrs without been updated or change . Is this a technical issue or just a deliberate action by nairaland?
Re: Nairaland Front Page by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 13, 2014
Or some moderators were drowned inside the tsunami.
Re: Nairaland Front Page by onatisi(m): 6:16pm On Aug 13, 2014
dhtml18: Or some moderators were drowned inside the tsunami.
bros I no know ooo, even today, the site has been boruing and the topics on the frontpage hasn't changed. It is either intelligent topics are no longer created or the mods and seuun are no longer interested in the front page
Re: Nairaland Front Page by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 13, 2014
Nairaland is very these days. Look at webmasters + programming board, nothing useful to even talk about or fight about sef. And me wey dey always cause problems before don tire sef. Make I go play 3D game, I don too tire to write code again today o jare.
Re: Nairaland Front Page by HostingRehab: 6:48pm On Aug 13, 2014
dhtml18: Nairaland is very these days. Look at webmasters + programming board, nothing useful to even talk about or fight about sef. And me wey dey always cause problems before don tire sef. Make I go play 3D game, I don too tire to write code again today o jare.

had to play fifa14,
got so tired today
Re: Nairaland Front Page by fattbabakay(m): 7:04pm On Aug 13, 2014
Only Seun nd d superMods can move topics to FP ... I wonder wotsup with em...
Re: Nairaland Front Page by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 13, 2014
HostingRehab:

had to play fifa14,
got so tired today
My pad don spoil, had to play Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends. Now i feel good, let me now tackle some ajax coding.
Re: Nairaland Front Page by onatisi(m): 7:58pm On Aug 13, 2014
fattbabakay: Only Seun nd d superMods can move topics to FP ... I wonder wotsup with em...
I know , and most of the time only one topic is added in 8hrs .
Re: Nairaland Front Page by shadowwalker201: 10:32pm On Aug 13, 2014
I don't know for the m
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Re: Nairaland Front Page by fattbabakay(m): 11:00pm On Aug 13, 2014
dhtml18:
My pad don spoil, had to play Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends. Now i feel good, let me now tackle some ajax coding.
Ajax kor,Celtic nii tongue
Re: Nairaland Front Page by Nobody: 12:23am On Aug 14, 2014
fattbabakay: Ajax kor,Celtic nii tongue
Lol. our board is too boring, am now downloading Goat Simulator - that should keep me busy small. Let me see this goat they are talking about.
If what I am seeing is correct, the game means that me (or rather my character) is a bloody goat trollin' round the globe wreaking havoc everywhere.
Re: Nairaland Front Page by Obinoscopy(m): 12:46am On Aug 14, 2014
onatisi: Good day everyone , I have been noticing something about nairaland for some weeks now and maybe the mods or someone will have an explanation. Nairaland front page is not been updated regularly as it was been done before the last site crash, nowadays topics stay for as long as 8 to 12 hrs without been updated or change . Is this a technical issue or just a deliberate action by nairaland?
You can help by recommending homepage worthy threads to the mods wink.
Re: Nairaland Front Page by onatisi(m): 4:29am On Aug 14, 2014
Obinoscopy: You can help by recommending homepage worthy threads to the mods wink.
is that possible
Re: Nairaland Front Page by Obinoscopy(m): 5:50am On Aug 14, 2014
onatisi: is that possible
Yes Sir, it's very possible. Just recommend a homepage worthy thread to the moderators, they will take appropriate actions.
Re: Nairaland Front Page by onatisi(m): 6:02am On Aug 14, 2014
Obinoscopy: Yes Sir, it's very possible. Just recommend a homepage worthy thread to the moderators, they will take appropriate actions.
whaooo , I have been on nairaland for over 7 years and I never knew .ok ,will I use the report button or what? Please share this info for everyone here
Re: Nairaland Front Page by Obinoscopy(m): 10:19am On Aug 14, 2014
onatisi: whaooo , I have been on nairaland for over 7 years and I never knew .ok ,will I use the report button or what? Please share this info for everyone here
Use the mail mods feature on each Section.
Re: Nairaland Front Page by fattbabakay(m): 10:26am On Aug 14, 2014
dhtml18:
Lol. our board is too boring, am now downloading Goat Simulator - that should keep me busy small. Let me see this goat they are talking about.
If what I am seeing is correct, the game means that me (or rather my character) is a bloody goat trollin' round the globe wreaking havoc everywhere.
Den d game deserves an award 4 been able to describe u exactly! tongue
Re: Nairaland Front Page by onatisi(m): 10:37am On Aug 14, 2014
Obinoscopy: Use the mail mods feature on each Section.
thank u very very much ,I will start making use of it now

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Front Page by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 14, 2014
fattbabakay: Den d game deserves an award 4 been able to describe u exactly! tongue
If I dont know better, I would have said you were indirectly saying that I am a goat (and no I was not the actor of that game, a distant relative maybe).
If I were a games programmer, I would likely have done something like this - the game is quite funny too, why it even has a button for bleating, and I can almost swear that I have seen the actor (the goat) at Alaba market before - and don't go telling me that all goats are alike because I will stubbornly disagree (I can be as stubborn as a goat mind you - I am sure seun will agree).
Re: Nairaland Front Page by fattbabakay(m): 11:37am On Aug 14, 2014
dhtml18:
If I dont know better, I would have said you were indirectly saying that I am a goat (and no I was not the actor of that game, a distant relative maybe).
If I were a games programmer, I would likely have done something like this - the game is quite funny too, why it even has a button for bleating, and I can almost swear that I have seen the actor (the goat) at Alaba market before - and don't go telling me that all goats are alike because I will stubbornly disagree (I can be as stubborn as a goat mind you - I am sure seun will agree).
l0l...smh
Re: Nairaland Front Page by fattbabakay(m): 11:40am On Aug 14, 2014
onatisi: Good day everyone , I have been noticing something about nairaland for some weeks now and maybe the mods or someone will have an explanation. Nairaland front page is not been updated regularly as it was been done before the last site crash, nowadays topics stay for as long as 8 to 12 hrs without been updated or change . Is this a technical issue or just a deliberate action by nairaland?
tinz changed of recent...did u notice?? Like 10topics were pushed to FP yst9te/dis mornin...Most of dem were old..
Re: Nairaland Front Page by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 14, 2014
I know seun has been monitoring this thread, well, the topic is a good observation.
Re: Nairaland Front Page by onatisi(m): 2:19pm On Aug 14, 2014
fattbabakay: tinz changed of recent...did u notice?? Like 10topics were pushed to FP yst9te/dis mornin...Most of dem were old..
yes ,that has been going on for sometime now .old topics been pushed to front page
Re: Nairaland Front Page by onatisi(m): 2:30pm On Aug 14, 2014
dhtml18: I know seun has been monitoring this thread, well, the topic is a good observation.
that is good. I think there is just a dearth of intelligent topics and the mods have no choice but to choose from them. Topics like most handsome black man on nairaland shouldn't be on the frontpage . I believe the frontpage of a site is what actually sells the site and to even encourage and attract ppl s to stay on the site and explore it more

(1) (Reply)

Where Is This Tremendous Traffic To My Blog Coming From? / Blogger Jide Ogunsanya Involved In A Car Accident / Can I Now Recieve Money Through Paypal ???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.