Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,389 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Meet The First Ever Professional Wheelchair-bound Coach *pic* - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Meet The First Ever Professional Wheelchair-bound Coach *pic* (495 Views)

Done Deals - Mourinho And Falcao Are Chelsea Bound / Re: Rebecca Kalu, Prettiest Falcons Player, World Cup Bound / .:. Louis Van Gaal Is New Super Eagles Coach .:. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meet The First Ever Professional Wheelchair-bound Coach *pic* by dafe303: 3:40pm On Aug 14, 2014
Manchester United makes a groundbreaking signing after signing Sohail Rehman a wheel-chair bound football coach at a professional level.
22-year-old Rehman, has been signed up by United to work specifically with the club's academy. It is a crucial role that Rehman will adopt, looking after the young players of the future and coaching the potential stars of the next generation.
Sohail told Telegraph and Argus:
"Big thanks to David Moyes. I did a coaching session at United after that he was basically saying how impressed he was with me. When the chance of play was taken away from me I think it was the only option I had really. I had a little bit of doubt before coaching at high level obviously having never played the game at a certain level, but when I got a letter from Sir Alex that was the final piece in the jigsaw. He congratulated me on my coaching badges and for the kind of goals I had in mind. It was a big honor, he is one of the biggest men in football. I'm going for it now, nothing will stop me."
A United spokesman said:
"We are absolutely delighted to welcome Sohail to Manchester United, his determination to reach a unique role in football is an example to us all. In theface of great adversity Sohail has shown that hard work and determination counts for everything in overcoming obstacles. Since coming to the training ground, everyone at Manchester United has welcomed Sohail with open arms".

http://dayosports..com/2014/08/man-united-make-history-after-signing.html

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal V Crystal Palace Preview / New SAS Has Liverpool Up And running / .com Is Giving Away DSTV Decoder Complete With 9 Months Subscription

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.