Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,885 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Eric Abidal Retires From International Duty - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eric Abidal Retires From International Duty (411 Views)

Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team / Vincent Enyeama Considering his Retirement from International football / Emmanuel Adebayor Retires From Togo International Duty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Eric Abidal Retires From International Duty by dafe303: 4:30pm On Aug 14, 2014
Eric Abidal has announced his retirement from international football after 67 appearances for France. His announcement comes a day after Franck Ribery announced the end of his international career.
Abidal, who underwent a liver transplant in 2012 following the discovery of a tumor in 2011 has ended his 10-year international career to an end. Abidal's wish to say goodbye to the national team at the World Cup was denied after being omitted from Didier Deschamp's squad.
The 34-year-old told Catalan radio station RAC1:
"It is time to close this door. Not going to the World Cup was a disappointment because I wanted to finish on a good note. If I struggled as I did until today (after his liver transplant), it was to say goodbye to the national team at the World Cup. But that did not happen."
France, Frank Ribery and Samir Nasri have also retired from international duty.

http://dayosports..com/2014/08/abidal-becomes-newest-player-to-retire.html

(1) (Reply)

Stoke City Complete Victor Moses Loan / Deposit Funds To 1960bet Account / Spurs Wallop QPR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.