Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,863 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

Fraudulent Acts Of Buyers - Phone/Internet Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone/Internet Market / Fraudulent Acts Of Buyers (1752 Views)

Fraudulent Advert Of Cheap Data By 08167015961 - Update - Receiving attention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraudulent Acts Of Buyers by dapsy4u2(m): 10:34am On Aug 15, 2014
I dont know if this is the right section , but please MODS do the needful.

PLEASE! PLEASE!! AND PLEASE!!! ALWAYS MEET A BUYER INSIDE AN EATERY.

My story...

Just this morning at around 8am, i was to meet a buyer for my Samung Galaxy S4 at ring road, Ibadan. On getting there he said we should meet in front of Ashosh Hotel opposite cross country transport company. When i met him he inspected the phone, while inspecting the security of Ashosh Hotel told him to repark he go in and as i wanted to get into the car, if you see the speed he use to zoom off you will think it's a nollywood movie. He zoomed off and took the phone with him. I then called his number, but he did not pick or was cutting the call.

What can i do at this stage pls cos the phone was given to me to sell

Last Bullet........ Please be very careful with people saying you should come to a location

2 Likes

Re: Fraudulent Acts Of Buyers by Gboliwe: 10:40am On Aug 15, 2014
dapsy4u2: I dont know if this is the right section , but please MODS do the needful.

My story...

Just this morning at around 8am, i was to meet a buyer for my Samung Galaxy S4 at ring road, Ibadan. On getting there he said we should meet in front of Ashosh Hotel opposite cross country transport company. When i met him he inspected the phone, while inspecting the security of Ashosh Hotel told him to repark he go in and as i wanted to get into the car, if you see the speed he use to zoom off you will think it's a nollywood movie. He zoomed off and took the phone with him. I then called his number, but he did not pick or was cutting the call.

Last Bullet........ Please be very careful with people saying you should come to a location

Sad experience. Is he a nairalander?
Re: Fraudulent Acts Of Buyers by ibdeals1(m): 10:40am On Aug 15, 2014
Ashosh hotel ke? opposite sylvas place hotel rite? how did it happen? and where in ibadan are you? shocked shocked
Re: Fraudulent Acts Of Buyers by dapsy4u2(m): 10:41am On Aug 15, 2014
Gboliwe:

Sad experience. Is he a nairalander?

He said he saw the ad on nairaland and another i posted on OLX
Re: Fraudulent Acts Of Buyers by Gboliwe: 10:45am On Aug 15, 2014
dapsy4u2:

He said he saw the ad on nairaland and another i posted on OLX
Poor you. Put up his number let's tag it as a fraudster's if you have friends in telcom, they can help you trace the address through the number.

3 Likes

Re: Fraudulent Acts Of Buyers by tonardo(m): 11:06am On Aug 15, 2014
dapsy4u2: I dont know if this is the right section , but please MODS do the needful.

My story...

Next time don't meet buyer.. A buyer is supposed to meet you.. You are too anxious to sell... You the seller arrange where to meet...
Last bullet..

2 Likes

Re: Fraudulent Acts Of Buyers by dapsy4u2(m): 11:08am On Aug 15, 2014
ibdeals1: Ashosh hotel ke? opposite sylvas place hotel rite? how did it happen? and where in ibadan are you? shocked shocked

I am in Bodija, Ibadan
Re: Fraudulent Acts Of Buyers by dapsy4u2(m): 11:08am On Aug 15, 2014
Gboliwe: Poor you. Put up his number let's tag it as a fraudster's if you have friends in telcom, they can help you trace the address through the number.

It maybe his fraud line sef.
Re: Fraudulent Acts Of Buyers by dapsy4u2(m): 11:09am On Aug 15, 2014
tonardo:

Next time don't meet buyer.. A buyer is supposed to meet you.. You are too anxious to sell... You the seller arrange where to meet...
Last bullet..

Noted with Thanks.
Re: Fraudulent Acts Of Buyers by tonardo(m): 11:11am On Aug 15, 2014
dapsy4u2:

It maybe his fraud line sef.
And you afraid of posting it?
How do we know you saying the truth?
Or are you looking for front page?
Because you first mentioned mods..
Re: Fraudulent Acts Of Buyers by dapsy4u2(m): 11:53am On Aug 15, 2014
tonardo:

Oga why you carry this thing for head like this na.

Some pple are just thieves and why wld i form this up. I lost almost 60k thus morning and you're ranting here.

Abeg park well!
Re: Fraudulent Acts Of Buyers by tonardo(m): 1:33pm On Aug 15, 2014
dapsy4u2:

Some pple are just thieves and why wld i form this up. I lost almost 60k thus morning and you're ranting here.

Abeg park well!
I don park well, oya you repark and post the thief details or na lie..

5 Likes

Re: Fraudulent Acts Of Buyers by nani667: 1:58pm On Aug 15, 2014
tonardo:

Last bullet..

This notion is wrong sir.... The buyer isn't supposed to meet you, not unless you have a shop.... If you don't have a shop then you and the buyer can agree on a convenient place to meet.... It's that simple....

3 Likes

Re: Fraudulent Acts Of Buyers by nani667: 2:01pm On Aug 15, 2014
dapsy4u2:

Abeg park well!

Post the person's details if what you said actually happened.... You opened this thread cos someone scammed you and you're unwilling to post the person's details ?
You must be an attention seeker

Mods should delete this thread already

4 Likes

Re: Fraudulent Acts Of Buyers by Gboliwe: 2:14pm On Aug 15, 2014
dapsy4u2:
Abeg park well!

Na wa o! I even took you serious.

1 Like

Re: Fraudulent Acts Of Buyers by dapsy4u2(m): 3:21pm On Aug 15, 2014
Gboliwe:

Na wa o! I even took you serious.

nani667:
Post the person's details if what you said actually happened.... You opened this thread cos someone scammed you and you're unwilling to post the person's details ?

He called himself Femi his number is - 08138934852

Are you satisfied.
Re: Fraudulent Acts Of Buyers by Gboliwe: 4:02pm On Aug 15, 2014
dapsy4u2:

Are you satisfied.

SMH. I don't blame you, I blame my humane mind.
Re: Fraudulent Acts Of Buyers by econome(m): 4:27pm On Aug 15, 2014
So so so sad! You have to report to the police and the network of the line used to call you...but how could you leave the fone with him, just like that..abi he plan am with the securities?
Re: Fraudulent Acts Of Buyers by dapsy4u2(m): 4:45pm On Aug 15, 2014
econome: So so so sad! You have to report to the police and the network of the line used to call you...but how could you leave the fone with him, just like that..abi he plan am with the securities?

Guy, it beats me as well. Was on that spot for 10mins wondering what happened.
Re: Fraudulent Acts Of Buyers by nurey(m): 5:18pm On Aug 15, 2014
Just tried his number, it says switched off, I don't know if nairaland mods can help you locate any person with that number here. But didn't you write down his plate number or the type and colour of car. That will go a long way na.
Re: Fraudulent Acts Of Buyers by dapsy4u2(m): 6:02pm On Aug 15, 2014
nurey: Just tried his number, it says switched off, I don't know if nairaland mods can help you locate any person with that number here. But didn't you write down his plate number or the type and colour of car. That will go a long way na.

It happend so fast i couldn't bring out my phone to snap the pic of his car or get the plate number down.

The car is a mazda 323 light blue colour hatchback with a NIGERIAN NAVY sticker at the back. On second thought, i said he may have even borrowed the car.

Well i have learnt my lesson and moved on. I have sent a text containing my account number to the number so that he can credit me with the agreed sum which i know he will very soon. I am a biz man of integrity and have NEVER cheated anyone, so i shouldn't be cheated or scammed.

Thanks for your concern.
Re: Fraudulent Acts Of Buyers by dapsy4u2(m): 6:02pm On Aug 15, 2014
lemmeknow: Observance is da KEY ooo!

Thank you. Noted!
Re: Fraudulent Acts Of Buyers by nurey(m): 7:57pm On Aug 15, 2014
Even if he borrows the car, the police can still get him but the problem is that you don't know the plate number that is big tax oo.
Re: Fraudulent Acts Of Buyers by BluePearls(m): 8:01pm On Aug 15, 2014
So sorry man...another lesson learned
Re: Fraudulent Acts Of Buyers by dapsy4u2(m): 9:06pm On Aug 15, 2014
nurey: Even if he borrows the car, the police can still get him but the problem is that you don't know the plate number that is big tax oo.
. Abi O. No wonder some pple suffer and they don know why!
Re: Fraudulent Acts Of Buyers by dapsy4u2(m): 9:08pm On Aug 15, 2014
BluePearls: So sorry man...another lesson learned
. Lesson learnt the hard way........ Life goes on!
Re: Fraudulent Acts Of Buyers by dapsy4u2(m): 9:12pm On Aug 15, 2014
More posts/opinions ans suggestions are welcome on how to guard against future occurrence of this kind of act. For pple who generally engage in mobile business be it phones, laptops, etc
Re: Fraudulent Acts Of Buyers by dapsy4u2(m): 9:16pm On Aug 15, 2014
More posts/opinions ans suggestions are welcome on how to guard against future occurrence of this kind of act. For pple who generally engage in mobile business be it phones, laptops, etc.....
Re: Fraudulent Acts Of Buyers by iykofias(m): 1:15am On Aug 16, 2014
interestingi
Gboliwe: Poor you. Put up his number let's tag it as a fraudster's if you have friends in telcom, they can help you trace the address through the number.
magine some1 dats been scam comming up wit an excuse not to put up his imaginary scammer's number on dsplay wit ds flimsy excuse
dapsy4u2: It maybe his fraud line sef.
and so? few intelligent one's persisted while d dull one's were feeling sorry
tonardo:
can be imagine a victim respond to this post, bizzare
dapsy4u2:

Abeg park well!
then came the shocker pointer
nani667:

then mr op went into a frenzy skitchy search
dapsy4u2:

Are you satisfied.
bn an attention seeker who neeeded d juice flowing in op jux couldn't stop there, could he? read his next trend (coming from som1 who jux lost 60k; almost forgetting abt it immediately even without a minute of self remorse as all his post clearly shows)
dapsy4u2: More posts/opinions ans suggestions are welcome on how to guard against future occurrence of this kind of act. For pple who generally engage in mobile business be it phones, laptops, etc

some people jux luv to seek attention, jux like op, some1 created a thread 4 days ago dat he has ebola, dat we nairaland should pray for him.
cos i cnt imagine y op reluntantly refuse releasing the details of his imaginary fraudster until some1 [nani, i think] threaten d mod to close the thread, which also took op approximately 2hrs to dig out some false crap out.
my parents pay handsomely for my sense of reasoning, for me to start believing any crap i come across on social media. take care of urself op
Re: Fraudulent Acts Of Buyers by dapsy4u2(m): 6:02am On Aug 16, 2014
iykofias: interestingimagine some1 dats been scam comming up wit an excuse not to put up his imaginary scammer's number on dsplay wit ds flimsy excuse and so? few intelligent one's persisted while d dull one's were feeling sorrycan be imagine a victim respond to this post, bizzare then came the shocker pointerthen mr op went into a frenzy skitchy searchbn an attention seeker who neeeded d juice flowing in op jux couldn't stop there, could he? read his next trend (coming from som1 who jux lost 60k; almost forgetting abt it immediately even without a minute of self remorse as all his post clearly shows)

some people jux luv to seek attention, jux like op, some1 created a thread 4 days ago dat he has ebola, dat we nairaland should pray for him.
cos i cnt imagine y op reluntantly refuse releasing the details of his imaginary fraudster until some1 [nani, i think] threaten d mod to close the thread, which also took op approximately 2hrs to dig out some false crap out.
my parents pay handsomely for my sense of reasoning, for me to start believing any crap i come across on social media. take care of urself op
. I'll go by ur signature......... Thanks for coming by.

1 Like

Re: Fraudulent Acts Of Buyers by dapsy4u2(m): 4:19pm On Aug 20, 2014

(1) (2) (Reply)

UK Used Samsung Galaxy Note 9 128gb For Sale. BENIN CITY / Promo Sales::::buy The New Nokia Asha 311 And 305 For Price Of One!!! / ALL SOLD..Now 66k! Brand New Blackberry Torch For Sale,see pix. book 4next sets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.