Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Traits Of A Bad Employer - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Traits Of A Bad Employer (711 Views)

I Want To Sue My Employer For Terminating My Appointment Without Reason / ... Was Sacked For Not Dancing To 'shake Body'... Now An Employer Of Labour / My Employer Wants Me To Come To His Church Or Be Fired (advice) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Traits Of A Bad Employer by TopFlightCeo: 12:39pm On Aug 15, 2014
Nigeria is a country known for little or no labor law so it is not surprising when you see employers exhibit some extremely callous traits without the helpless employee having nowhere to run to for justice. The only Industrial courts takes a minimum of 5 years to pass judgment on disputes between employers and employees and in most cases advice both parties to go and settle out of court.

Below is some of treatments employers’ exhibit to their employees and even brag about it.

• Owing his workers several month salary and yet still screams and threaten fire and brimstone if the employee resumes work a few minutes late.

• Refusing to offer an employment later with the intention of not fulfilling most of the agreement which were verbally stated previously.

• Owing workers and vendors but still boast of acquiring the latest auto mobile and going on vacation with family members.

• Making employees carryout assignment out of what was stated and agreed to as the employee’s scope of duty.

• Refusing to pay salary till the 10th day of the following month just as a strategy to tie down employees on your job as against resigning for fear of them forfeiting the unpaid salary.

• Making employees work later than the agreed working hours and also enforcing weekend and public holiday work without paying them bonuses or allowance.

• Transforming office staff to run domestic duties like following madam to the market to go shop for the house or going to pick your children from school.

• Openly encouraging your female staff to sell their bodies once it will translate to bringing in contract for your business.

• Physically attacking employees.

• Emotionally and psychologically bullying employees by uttering very sensitive words at them.

• Openly condemning one staff in from of another and trying to cause enmity amongst staff.

• Showing of favorism amongst staff.

• Telling employees to lie to visitors and creditors on your behalf.

Curled from w[b]ww.topflightceo.com [/b]

Kindly add yours.

Re: Traits Of A Bad Employer by TopFlightCeo: 7:46pm On Jan 09, 2015
logon to www.topflightceo.com and follow us on Facebook as well as Twitter.

(1) (Reply)

4 Things Bad Bosses Do That Make Their Employees Quit / Just The Main Keys For Those Looking Forward To Success / Pmp (project Management Professional) Training In Lagos (april 2015)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.