Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,903 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Kwara Reduces All State-owned Tertiary Institutions' School Fees - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Kwara Reduces All State-owned Tertiary Institutions' School Fees (12986 Views)

UNIBEN Produces Heads Of 8 Tertiary Institutions In One Year / What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? / Why Nigeria tertiary institutions are not attracting international students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kwara Reduces All State-owned Tertiary Institutions' School Fees by Justbright(m): 7:58am On Aug 16, 2014
[quote author=PassingShot]When fees were increased we complained.

When fees have now been reduced some are still moaning that it's because of 2015.

Tell me, if 2015 is not enough reason to implement good programs what should be then? Afterall we're talking of already "performing governors" and not those who have been known to be stealing their states blind.

If all governors act well in the name of coming elections I think Nigeria will be better for it. It will mark a clear deviation from the past where all they needed to win is distributing bags of rice, sugar and cooking oil plus cash to the already pauperized electorates.

To me this is a better

.....so waiting for election period to throw some crumbs of gestures at d masses is ideal abi?...u have psychiatric tendencies
Re: Kwara Reduces All State-owned Tertiary Institutions' School Fees by biafran1stson(m): 7:59am On Aug 16, 2014
APC! APC!! APC!!!. The issue of fees hike in lagos state varsity has been on for abt 2yrs nw. It is nw dat elction is around the corner dat Fashola deems it feet to reverse it to its initial position. Aregbeshola did the same thing at d eve of the election in Osun after been in power for 4yrs and very aware of the plight of the students. Now kwara state Governor Ahmed ABdul have followed suit.. I hope we are not ignorant of this Political strategy..
Re: Kwara Reduces All State-owned Tertiary Institutions' School Fees by lakashey: 8:00am On Aug 16, 2014
Ayekotoo: Human Development is the key. Up APC! Up The Strongest Opposition Party In Africa
for your mind abi?
Re: Kwara Reduces All State-owned Tertiary Institutions' School Fees by obayaya(m): 8:03am On Aug 16, 2014
PassingShot: When fees were increased we complained.

When fees have now been reduced some are still moaning that it's because of 2015.

Tell me, if 2015 is not enough reason to implement good programs what should be then? Afterall we're talking of already "performing governors" and not those who have been known to be stealing their states blind.

If all governors act well in the name of coming elections I think Nigeria will be better for it. It will mark a clear deviation from the past where all they needed to win is distributing bags of rice, sugar and cooking oil plus cash to the already pauperized electorates.

To me this is a better and welcome development.

I prefer a government that has a plan they believe to be foolproof. A government that will implement those policies and see it to the end.

Not a government that is seemingly indecisive on what routes and paths it should take to improve the lives of the people.

A good leader should be steadfast. And his policies should never be "try your luck" policies.
Re: Kwara Reduces All State-owned Tertiary Institutions' School Fees by mogentle(m): 8:05am On Aug 16, 2014
oyatmicah: cool cool
tenk q o. nigerians can neva b satisfied bt anyway make uncle jona try reduce federal own university own also make boyz see money flex small na
Abi now. God go bless u jare.
Re: Kwara Reduces All State-owned Tertiary Institutions' School Fees by Donkunxex(m): 8:05am On Aug 16, 2014
APC governance iz deceptive datzall.anybody wey dey vex make hin qo boil hin d1ck
Re: Kwara Reduces All State-owned Tertiary Institutions' School Fees by lakashey: 8:11am On Aug 16, 2014
shadowfaox: New strategy from apc, hope they won't increase the fees once elections are over.
abi ooooo,but we are waiting and observing all their moves,they cant reduce fee now,lailai 6 month to election.ATI GBON
Re: Kwara Reduces All State-owned Tertiary Institutions' School Fees by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 16, 2014
Kai faa, Kwara State Govrnment should be awarded for considering the average Nigeria to enjoy the benefit education
Re: Kwara Reduces All State-owned Tertiary Institutions' School Fees by asids55: 8:20am On Aug 16, 2014
anonimi:

You mean we should change APC in Lagos state next year since they have done nothing in the last 15 years to provide BASIC things like-

- TAP water
- free & adequate schools for ALL our children
- good, motorable FEEDER roads

oga whats stopping u from going to ur village to get all this benefits

2 Likes

Re: Kwara Reduces All State-owned Tertiary Institutions' School Fees by kayloo: 8:25am On Aug 16, 2014
We were

Made to believe by the janjanweed group that Ekiti election was all about stomach infrastructure. We can all see the effect in now.
Re: Kwara Reduces All State-owned Tertiary Institutions' School Fees by mogentle(m): 8:33am On Aug 16, 2014
mogentle: Share nothing..........He's stingy
Share Rice................He's bribing us
Slash school fees........2015 stunt.
It's better politicians don't do anything a year before election so as not to be seen as campaign strategy. People can never be satisfied. Politicians have being winning elections without school fees redution since 1832. SMH.
Re: Kwara Reduces All State-owned Tertiary Institutions' School Fees by heemah(f): 8:44am On Aug 16, 2014
Mrcdorv: Kai faa, Kwara State Govrnment should be awarded for considering the average Nigeria to enjoy the benefit education
awarded indeed! When indigenes still pay #109, 500 minus accomodation charges, departmental charges etc....They will go to the media and start selling lies...kwasu reduces fees ma foot!
Re: Kwara Reduces All State-owned Tertiary Institutions' School Fees by Horlawoomey(m): 8:48am On Aug 16, 2014
This is true, my younger brother benefited from the reduction, but the school fees is still on the high side, imagine an indigene of Kwara paying more than #165,000 plus accomodation fees.
Re: Kwara Reduces All State-owned Tertiary Institutions' School Fees by PassingShot(m): 8:58am On Aug 16, 2014
obayaya:

I prefer a government that has a plan they believe to be foolproof. A government that will implement those policies and see it to the end.

Not a government that is seemingly indecisive on what routes and paths it should take to improve the lives of the people.

A good leader should be steadfast. And his policies should never be "try your luck" policies.

Clearly it is the ideal situation to have and one which all will prefer.

However, our democracy has not evolved to that level and we are stuck with choosing between two evils.
Re: Kwara Reduces All State-owned Tertiary Institutions' School Fees by diremi12(m): 9:03am On Aug 16, 2014
I'm a student in that school and this is just to make people feel like they've done something great. Imagine
basic tuition fees: 99500
Guidance and counseling: 5000
Lab fees(micro/bio/ich): 25000
Lab fees (medical lab students) 150000
And the Goddamn list is endless, so this is what they did, they included these useless fees and make people pay, then revert and start screaming they've reduced school fess too, ode gbogbo.
Re: Kwara Reduces All State-owned Tertiary Institutions' School Fees by Firefire(m): 9:17am On Aug 16, 2014
atlwireles: God bless the people of Ekiti. What a difference that election has made in Nigerian politics.

God bless you sir!
Re: Kwara Reduces All State-owned Tertiary Institutions' School Fees by Firefire(m): 9:19am On Aug 16, 2014
diremi12: I'm a student in that school and this is just to make people feel like they've done something great. Imagine
basic tuition fees: 99500
Guidance and counseling: 5000
Lab fees(micro/bio/ich): 25000
Lab fees (medical lab students) 150000
And the Goddamn list is endless, so this is what they did, they included these useless fees and make people pay, then revert and start screaming they've reduced school fess too, ode gbogbo.

Hmmmmm, I see... these APC people are fraudster ooooo shocked sad
Re: Kwara Reduces All State-owned Tertiary Institutions' School Fees by Abeyjide: 9:20am On Aug 16, 2014
Am now convinced the governor and apc are scared of losing forthcoming election.no single project was embark on for d whole four years.all roads are with pot holes.very soon all this stomach project e.g quickwin,kwabes wil come to an end coming next election.
Re: Kwara Reduces All State-owned Tertiary Institutions' School Fees by mogentle(m): 10:23am On Aug 16, 2014
Firefire:

Hmmmmm, I see... these APC people are fraudster ooooo shocked sad
Even good news are always bad to your hearing since it's from APC state. If it's from PDP, you'll celebrate. Pathetic.
Re: Kwara Reduces All State-owned Tertiary Institutions' School Fees by Firefire(m): 10:30am On Aug 16, 2014
mogentle:
Even good news are always bad to your hearing since it's from APC state. If it's from PDP, you'll celebrate. Pathetic.

You get mouth grin

1 Like

Re: Kwara Reduces All State-owned Tertiary Institutions' School Fees by JEITO: 10:30am On Aug 16, 2014
What they didn't do in three and half years of their administration, they'll want to do in the final lap for obvious reasons.. undecided

Come to think of it; this is the best time for the citizens, to make demand off their governor or threaten not to play ball in 2015lipsrsealed
Re: Kwara Reduces All State-owned Tertiary Institutions' School Fees by thunderrider: 11:02am On Aug 16, 2014
shadowfaox: New strategy from apc, hope they won't increase the fees once elections are over.

Time is the best of all judges

We shall all see
Re: Kwara Reduces All State-owned Tertiary Institutions' School Fees by Ossaifamous(m): 11:34am On Aug 16, 2014
election things
Re: Kwara Reduces All State-owned Tertiary Institutions' School Fees by Horlertoungy(m): 12:25pm On Aug 16, 2014
Another trick to fool Kwarans for salvery continuation. Hope they don't fall into this bait by voting for APC cum 2015
Re: Kwara Reduces All State-owned Tertiary Institutions' School Fees by Ikenna94: 1:47pm On Aug 16, 2014
There's clearly no statement regarding to reduction in tuition fees just extra fees only. D tuition is still up to hundresd of thousand. Nonsense propaganda
Re: Kwara Reduces All State-owned Tertiary Institutions' School Fees by seedorfg(m): 1:58pm On Aug 16, 2014
My state of harmony, drinking my KUNU cool And observing in 3D grin AWA NANI FAA
Re: Kwara Reduces All State-owned Tertiary Institutions' School Fees by anonimi: 5:44pm On Aug 16, 2014
asids55:

oga whats stopping u from going to ur village to get all this benefits

And where is YOUR village, NUMBSKULL
Re: Kwara Reduces All State-owned Tertiary Institutions' School Fees by Olaone1: 11:00am On Aug 17, 2014
atlwireles: God bless the people of Ekiti. What a difference that election has made in Nigerian politics.
You are right
Re: Kwara Reduces All State-owned Tertiary Institutions' School Fees by Olaone1: 11:00am On Aug 17, 2014
LMAyedun: Ekiti people are Pacemakers & Game-Changers.
APC buckling-up for 2015.
I only pray Nigerians don't fall for this desperate strategy.
You are right. It is a gimmick.
Re: Kwara Reduces All State-owned Tertiary Institutions' School Fees by Olaone1: 11:03am On Aug 17, 2014
anonimi: This Fayose TSUNAMI effect is really great, I swear. grin shocked
More than great. APC will still lose in Oyo State, no matter what they come up with. undecided

1 Like

Re: Kwara Reduces All State-owned Tertiary Institutions' School Fees by Study4christ: 12:26pm On Aug 17, 2014
Bleep kwasu nd d state govt... Were z d reduction were i still pay abt 300k as a non-indegene imagine fees lyk enactus,guidiance nd counselling,e-learning...etc wich is nt part of d sch fees... Dere is God anyway
Re: Kwara Reduces All State-owned Tertiary Institutions' School Fees by tobby112: 1:00pm On Aug 17, 2014
we nid sug in kwasu asumin dem fit return my sch fee ni,i swear i 4 happy Bleep kwasu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: Universities To Resume 18th Nov 2013. / (ambrose Alli University 2batch Admission List Is Out) / Apply For LEAP Africa School2work Programme For Nigerian Graduates 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.