Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,100 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

Help:: How To Rename Folder In Phpfox - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help:: How To Rename Folder In Phpfox (8992 Views)

Does Phpfox Allow Native Php Codes ? / Please Who Has Heard Of Or Used Phpfox Here?? / Dolphin, Phpfox, Or Dzoic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help:: How To Rename Folder In Phpfox by cbrass(m): 9:19pm On Aug 15, 2014
Hello everyone, I wanted to change the name of a module I call "chat" to something else today but I later got an error saying "file path broken" my question is can't I rename a folder in the Module folder just like that? If no then where in the barrage of phpfox folders do I do that. Thanks
Re: Help:: How To Rename Folder In Phpfox by cbrass(m): 10:53pm On Aug 15, 2014
Does it mean no one knows it
Re: Help:: How To Rename Folder In Phpfox by Nobody: 11:37pm On Aug 15, 2014
Why do you want to change it. Do you not know that when the module was installed, the module creator has already registered that folder. So naturally fox will not be able to locate it. Well, this is a universal rule, in most CMS systems - if you have ever actually developed an extension in any of these CMSes, you will understand why. To actually rename the folder, if you must is possible, but you will need to tweak some stuffs in the database and also within the plugin's code.
Re: Help:: How To Rename Folder In Phpfox by KidKhalif(m): 2:45am On Aug 16, 2014
As DHtml as said, phpfox in default does not allow changing of folder names because it will alter the url structure. In order to do this on your own, you will have to edit most files in the phpfox script that links to the folder you renamed.
Re: Help:: How To Rename Folder In Phpfox by cbrass(m): 8:40am On Aug 16, 2014
The reason I asked this question is beacuse there is a file path that just goes straight to th admincp , I don't know much about phpfox if not I would have writen a small code to disallow it from just any user that's why I want to change the file path by renaming the folder so I will be the only one that knows it eg www.mysite.com/index.php?do=/game/moderator to www.mysite.com/index.php?do=/me/moderator.
Re: Help:: How To Rename Folder In Phpfox by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 16, 2014
The stuff you just said is an htaccess trick. If you read round phpfox itself, you should be able to do it. Otherwise you might need to alter codes like earlier suggested.
Re: Help:: How To Rename Folder In Phpfox by callmejulian: 12:23pm On Aug 16, 2014
cbrass: Hello everyone, I wanted to change the name of a module I call "chat" to something else today but I later got an error saying "file path broken" my question is can't I rename a folder in the Module folder just like that? If no then where in the barrage of phpfox folders do I do that. Thanks
When you change the name in the phpfox file root, also change the name in the Modules section of your adminCP so that phpfox will know what folder to call up when looking for the module smiley .
Re: Help:: How To Rename Folder In Phpfox by callmejulian: 12:25pm On Aug 16, 2014
cbrass: The reason I asked this question is beacuse there is a file path that just goes straight to th admincp , I don't know much about phpfox if not I would have writen a small code to disallow it from just any user that's why I want to change the file path by renaming the folder so I will be the only one that knows it eg www.mysite.com/index.php?do=/game/moderator to www.mysite.com/index.php?do=/me/moderator.
OH!! LMAO this is very easy!! just download a module that will allow you rewrite the adminCP link. i use it.
Re: Help:: How To Rename Folder In Phpfox by cbrass(m): 12:44pm On Aug 16, 2014
callmejulian:
OH!! LMAO this is very easy!! just download a module that will allow you rewrite the adminCP link. i use it.

ok, i later discovered now that it was because i have already logged in before that was why it happened, ok can you send me the module pls embarassed
Re: Help:: How To Rename Folder In Phpfox by cbrass(m): 12:46pm On Aug 16, 2014
callmejulian:
When you change the name in the phpfox file root, also change the name in the[b] Modules section of your adminCP [/b]so that phpfox will know what folder to call up when looking for the module smiley .

i dont know where to do that
Re: Help:: How To Rename Folder In Phpfox by georgen2u(m): 1:12pm On Aug 16, 2014
cbrass:

i dont know where to do that
Well i have toyed and played with phpfox over times you can get a plugin that will assist you to rename all folder or even url name. i once used it, it was great especially in fighting bots and spams
Re: Help:: How To Rename Folder In Phpfox by cbrass(m): 1:39pm On Aug 16, 2014
georgen2u:
Well i have toyed and played with phpfox over times you can get a plugin that will assist you to rename all folder or even url name. i once used it, it was great especially in fighting bots and spams

please could you send me the plugin?
Re: Help:: How To Rename Folder In Phpfox by callmejulian: 1:46pm On Aug 16, 2014
cbrass:

http://www.4shared.com/zip/MBRBvVPe/UrlRewriteManagerv30002.html cheesy

1 Like

Re: Help:: How To Rename Folder In Phpfox by georgen2u(m): 3:02pm On Aug 16, 2014
cbrass:

can we preview your web site?
its fun i could have some advise and also show your where to get more plugins
Re: Help:: How To Rename Folder In Phpfox by cbrass(m): 6:14pm On Aug 16, 2014
callmejulian:
http://www.4shared.com/zip/MBRBvVPe/UrlRewriteManagerv30002.html cheesy

Thanks bro, I realy appreciate it
Re: Help:: How To Rename Folder In Phpfox by callmejulian: 8:09pm On Aug 16, 2014
cbrass:

Thanks bro, I realy appreciate it
anytime. hit me up on bbm whenever you need help
Re: Help:: How To Rename Folder In Phpfox by deproftech(m): 7:56pm On Aug 19, 2014
cbrass: Hello everyone, I wanted to change the name of a module I call "chat" to something else today but I later got an error saying "file path broken" my question is can't I rename a folder in the Module folder just like that? If no then where in the barrage of phpfox folders do I do that. Thanks

Visit this link http://phpfox.org/forum/thread/50006/how-to-duplicate-a-module-to-rename-it/
Re: Help:: How To Rename Folder In Phpfox by ryfoz(m): 6:52pm On Feb 22, 2016
Pls help me o gurus
I yaff tried tried o but i no understand am o
I am trying to rename a link with my android with a notepad
I have followed certain steps on some websites but all i still see is still the extended code and link, HOW DOES IT GET CHANGED EXACTLY? DO I POST IT IN A WEB BROWSER

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help-how Do I Stop Bloggers From Copying My Post / 7 Types Of Commenters You Find On Your Blog/Forum / Traffix.ng - Social Traffic Report For Lagos Launched By 25-yr-old Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.