Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,230 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) (34880 Views)

Fire Outbreak At Singa Market In Kano (Photos) / The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos / [photo] Westminister Market In Apapa On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 15, 2014
xynerise:
Is this Market in Lagos?

Ibadan.

2 Likes

Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by Kassidy90(m): 11:22pm On Aug 15, 2014
eliment: guy are you OK? that fire outbreak we're talking about or you can't understand simple English
No mind him he never take his night drug...

2 Likes

Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:22pm On Aug 15, 2014
All gone. cry

Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by MizzD: 12:01am On Aug 16, 2014
django1: All gone. cry

Oh my God! is the entire market burnt? Which side exactly is this, carpark\front side, or the back (plastics) side, or down the pepper side? Everywhere? I intend to go there tomorrow to pick up a few things and this news just broke my heart because I have been postponing this for weeks now.

Do you know how it started?.

And those trying to tribalise this, trust me when I say more than 70% of those in that market are igbos, especially the front.

16 Likes

Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by MizzD: 12:08am On Aug 16, 2014
django1:

Have you opened a thread in the throngs of thousands of people before?

Anyway, the shop I came to rescue is already burnt.

Sorry about that. I keep looking at the pictures! What a loss! I bet the generators in each of the shops would have made the fire very difficult to control, coupled with the fact that it happened at night and this is nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:10am On Aug 16, 2014
MizzD:

Oh my God! is the entire market burnt? Which side exactly is this, carpark\front side, or the back (plastics) side, or down the pepper side? Everywhere? I intend to go there tomorrow to pick up a few things and this news just broke my heart because I have been postponing this for weeks now.

Do you know how it started?.

And those trying to tribalise this, trust me when I say more than 70% of those in that market are igbos, especially the front.

Its the car park, you know its always the place burning. The entire first row is gone and most of second row, it was still burning as I left around 11;30.

2 Likes

Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:11am On Aug 16, 2014
MizzD:

Sorry about that. I keep looking at the pictures! What a loss! I bet the generators in each of the shops would have made the fire very difficult to control, coupled with the fact that it happened at night and this is nigeria.

Its a huge loss but we have our lives which is the most important.

14 Likes

Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by MizzD: 12:13am On Aug 16, 2014
django1:

Its the car park, you know its always the place burning. The entire first row is gone and most of second row, it was still burning as I left around 11;30.

O ma se o. I feel really sad for the shop owners. Sigh.

Been a while btw, hope you are fine? Do have a good night. smiley
Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:15am On Aug 16, 2014
MizzD:

O ma se o. I feel really sad for the shop owners. Sigh.

Been a while btw, hope you are fine? Do have a good night. smiley

Thanks, odaaro.
Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by jabanz(m): 12:50am On Aug 16, 2014
Too bad
Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:24am On Aug 16, 2014
This is so sad and heartbreaking.
Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by KolaShangOne(m): 2:55am On Aug 16, 2014
This is just sad. Millions worth of goods have been lost. The fire has been put out now around 2am. Fire service really tried but carss blocked their way to get into the market.

It took the courageous effort of boys in Aleshinloye market. They really tried. I had to join them in putting out the fire.

The Governor himself came around 1am to see things. I was impressed. A Lot of looting happened though.

11 Likes

Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by Screwface(m): 5:47am On Aug 16, 2014
This is heartbreaking. This market is so big You'll find almost ANYTHING you go looking for there. Their losses can never be quantified. I feel terribly Sorry for all the shop owners cry

10 Likes

Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by RockMaxi: 6:09am On Aug 16, 2014
This market is one the biggest market in Ibadan and the damage caused by this inferno will be enormous
Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by pendusky(m): 6:24am On Aug 16, 2014
django1:

Have you opened a thread in the throngs of thousands of people before?

Anyway, the shop I came to rescue is already burnt.

you open just 15 threads and none is making front page coz The caption and details are misleading. smh.
Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by Chubhie: 6:29am On Aug 16, 2014
Most post above me shows how tribal affiliations has eaten deep into values as compassion and empathy in a Nigerian mind. The earlier these few warlords are quarantined and then obliterated they will succeed in turning US all into mindless zombies. A proper investigation should be carried out to know the true nature of the triggers of this inferno. Cos, I was hearing some whispers of political tussle in this market some times ago. My thoughts are with all those who today lost their means of sustainace. May the cosmic universe see them through.

10 Likes

Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by Balkan(m): 7:22am On Aug 16, 2014
See what bad bele the cause.
Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 8:10am On Aug 16, 2014
My sympathies,there should be thorough investigation into the frequent market burning,to stem it from happening again
Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:11pm On Aug 16, 2014
django1: This is crazy!
thank God,mum's shp wasn't affected

To those whose shops were affected,accept my condolence

It was a really pathethic something

2 Likes

Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 16, 2014
ElekeNtioba: Am sure this fire was started by yorubas. Lazy twats and saboteurs who cant stand d progress of other hardworking group of persons.

4 Likes

Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by homosapien(m): 1:06pm On Aug 16, 2014
missyhorlah: its the igbos that sells clothes close to the carpark that caused it .

please dear, don't waste your time trying to explain anything to him, he his simply incorrigible.

7 Likes

Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by Egbagirl(f): 1:49pm On Aug 16, 2014
Not again!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Business Can You Do With ₦400k In Nigeria Today? / Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? / Dangote Commences Pre-testing Of $2bn Fertilizer Plant Ahead Of Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.