Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Can I Use BBM Without A Data Plan? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Can I Use BBM Without A Data Plan? (1481 Views)

List Of Tecno Phones That Can Use Bbm / Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Use BBM Without A Data Plan? by Nicemoc(f): 12:41am On Aug 16, 2014
Please, can someone help me out? Is Ȋ̝̊̅† possible for me to use BBM without a data plan? I use Blackberry 9700 and I have wifi at home
Re: Can I Use BBM Without A Data Plan? by RoyalRoy(m): 12:43am On Aug 16, 2014
Nicemoc: Please, can someone help me out? Is Ȋ̝̊̅† possible for me to use BBM without a data plan? I use Blackberry 9700 and I have wifi at home

Sure you can. As long as your phone can receive the WiFi signals then you are good to go!!!

But what happens when you leave home ma'am?
Re: Can I Use BBM Without A Data Plan? by Nicemoc(f): 12:49am On Aug 16, 2014
RoyalRoy:

Sure you can. As long as your phone can receive the WiFi signals then you are good to go!!!

But what happens when you leave home ma'am?
I have tried and tried but ₪☺ luck so far. Can you help me out, please?
Re: Can I Use BBM Without A Data Plan? by ziezy(m): 12:55am On Aug 16, 2014
here's a way I do it with my swift 4G...I connect to d wifi while my data service is still on then I switch d data service of ..do u get that ...?? Connect to wifi first before switching off data service ..buh I don't think u can use bbm when ur bis is off (expired)
Re: Can I Use BBM Without A Data Plan? by RoyalRoy(m): 1:18am On Aug 16, 2014
Nicemoc: I have tried and tried but ₪☺ luck so far. Can you help me out, please?

You probably will need the code from your computer's WiFi setup.

But in case its not passworded, just go to settings in your blackberry device, switch on the WiFi signals. Make sure the one on your computer is on too. It should automatically be detected by your phone.

Click on connect... follow the instructions that comes on the BlackBerry. Hopefully the WiFi is not locked. It should set itself up easily

Re: Can I Use BBM Without A Data Plan? by RoyalRoy(m): 1:21am On Aug 16, 2014
ziezy: here's a way I do it with my swift 4G...I connect to d wifi while my data service is still on then I switch d data service of ..do u get that ...?? Connect to wifi first before switching off data service ..buh I don't think u can use bbm when ur bis is off (expired)

Its possible to use it even without any signal. I use my Naija BlackBerry here in U.S with WiFi once a while if I want to chat on whatsapp or BBM with some pals.

I just hope its not locked... you know our Naija things dey always different And if its locked i hope she can still remember the password to it.Lollz.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Use BBM Without A Data Plan? by Nicemoc(f): 9:36am On Aug 16, 2014
ziezy: here's a way I do it with my swift 4G...I connect to d wifi while my data service is still on then I switch d data service of ..do u get that ...?? Connect to wifi first before switching off data service ..buh I don't think u can use bbm when ur bis is off (expired)
Yea, my BIS is off at the moment, guess that's why I can't use BBM. The wifi allows just operamini and whatsapp. Android users are lucky then, because everything works for them with wifi

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help,cant Download On Google Play Store On My Android / Any Other Site Like Zoranga? / Which Phone Can I Buy With 35k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.