Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,561 members, 7,955,081 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:28 PM

Oxford Dictionaries Adds ‘hot Mess,’ ‘side boob, ‘throw Shade And More To dictio - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oxford Dictionaries Adds ‘hot Mess,’ ‘side boob, ‘throw Shade And More To dictio (29533 Views)

Lady Kofo-ademola 1st Black Woman To Receive A Degree From Oxford University:pic / Oxford Dictionaries Adds ‘duckface,’ ‘man Crush’ And ‘lolcat’ / Oxford Dictionaries Adds ‘hot Mess,’ ‘side Boob,’ ‘throw Shade’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oxford Dictionaries Adds ‘hot Mess,’ ‘side boob, ‘throw Shade And More To dictio by Eve62(f): 6:48pm On Aug 16, 2014
These guys want to format our brains. abi?

1 Like

Re: Oxford Dictionaries Adds ‘hot Mess,’ ‘side boob, ‘throw Shade And More To dictio by dtito(m): 6:57pm On Aug 16, 2014
Eve62: These guys want to format our brains. abi?
It seem like
Re: Oxford Dictionaries Adds ‘hot Mess,’ ‘side boob, ‘throw Shade And More To dictio by yinkarh187(m): 6:58pm On Aug 16, 2014
superior1: Jonadumbo nko? A extremely clueless high ranking Government official or Public office holder

eg [size=13pt]The Nigerian President is Ultra-Jonadumbo[/size]
ROTFL!!! thumbs up!!

1 Like

Re: Oxford Dictionaries Adds ‘hot Mess,’ ‘side boob, ‘throw Shade And More To dictio by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 16, 2014
Nice,very nice....

1 Like

Re: Oxford Dictionaries Adds ‘hot Mess,’ ‘side boob, ‘throw Shade And More To dictio by Chammypresh1(f): 7:20pm On Aug 16, 2014
I neva learn d one wey dey there,dem don comot anoda one nawaoooo
Re: Oxford Dictionaries Adds ‘hot Mess,’ ‘side boob, ‘throw Shade And More To dictio by YOUNGSTUNA(m): 7:41pm On Aug 16, 2014
YOLO and SMH aint new
Re: Oxford Dictionaries Adds ‘hot Mess,’ ‘side boob, ‘throw Shade And More To dictio by dtito(m): 7:57pm On Aug 16, 2014
YOUNGSTUNA: YOLO and SMH aint new
Buh new to d dictionary
Re: Oxford Dictionaries Adds ‘hot Mess,’ ‘side boob, ‘throw Shade And More To dictio by dtito(m): 7:58pm On Aug 16, 2014
AmberQueen: Nice,very nice....
Yeah as nice as u
Re: Oxford Dictionaries Adds ‘hot Mess,’ ‘side boob, ‘throw Shade And More To dictio by cy4by: 8:04pm On Aug 16, 2014
ayusco85: There are lots of words that are missing na.

#Alobam is one word dat needs to be thr

#Phyno
Re: Oxford Dictionaries Adds ‘hot Mess,’ ‘side boob, ‘throw Shade And More To dictio by Hunkyimage(m): 8:15pm On Aug 16, 2014
superior1: Jonadumbo nko? A extremely clueless high ranking Government official or Public office holder

eg [size=13pt]The Nigerian President is Ultra-Jonadumbo[/size]

Sharrap dia!!! You master of douchebaggery

1 Like

Re: Oxford Dictionaries Adds ‘hot Mess,’ ‘side boob, ‘throw Shade And More To dictio by Mayor88(m): 8:24pm On Aug 16, 2014
Tazmode: They left out 'Boko Haram', 'Ebola', 'ISIS', and 'Sambisa' , grin
and also "mikel" suarez" moyes"
Re: Oxford Dictionaries Adds ‘hot Mess,’ ‘side boob, ‘throw Shade And More To dictio by cuttiemama(f): 9:47pm On Aug 16, 2014
Onyenna: abbreviations have always been there..(hundreds)..... MD, CIA, FBI, MC, MBA, MBE, PA, P.A(per annum), P, OZ, AA....to mention but a few......I'm just saying ooooh.....

Thanks
Re: Oxford Dictionaries Adds ‘hot Mess,’ ‘side boob, ‘throw Shade And More To dictio by cuttiemama(f): 9:47pm On Aug 16, 2014
Sezua: abbreviations have always been in d dictionary na...haba

Thank you too
Re: Oxford Dictionaries Adds ‘hot Mess,’ ‘side boob, ‘throw Shade And More To dictio by nagoma(m): 9:53pm On Aug 16, 2014
Rexxie:
yes. as well as ''lotsa''.e.g: ''there are LOTSA (lots of) RETERDEENS in the aboki nagoma family.

Your reaction shows that you know the meaning. Well done.
Re: Oxford Dictionaries Adds ‘hot Mess,’ ‘side boob, ‘throw Shade And More To dictio by sonyc00(m): 10:12pm On Aug 16, 2014
;DYOU FORGOT ONE....SUAREZ(person)by far the greatest family name known to be.eg:
he must be a Suarez, just look at him he is so sexy and powerful. #To intentionally handball a would-be goal from the net.
Yo, did you guys see that striker suarez that ball away? #To Suarez is to casually or randomly bite people to intentionally wound them.
Carry on and I will Suarez you! #(n) a "heroic" asshole who ended the dreams of an African continent with his hands in a world cup match
(v) to ruin someone's hopes and dreams by getting desperate after having a bad day
Yesterday after getting fired I Suarezed and got extra fines for shitting on my boss's desk. #(n) person as wise as he is witty, Suarez' have the gift of the silver tongue able to talk themselves out of a murder charge. Extremely dedicated to anything they do, Suarez' excel in taking the lead while waiting for no one. Highly skilled in coordinative activities like music and video games Suarez' enjoy relaxing with friends and family alike.
Player 1: "Did you just get 360 no-scoped?"
Player 2: "Sigh...yea he completely Suarezed me." #To be a cheating and unscrupulous person who finds delight in the misery and loss of others caused by his/her own hand; devious to have created a situation whereby a person or people deserving of a situation can in no way attain what they deserve; to be an unethical, undignified and unjust scum bag who gets away with things.
"stop being such a suarez."
"he plays suarez"
"she's suarezing"
"what a SUAREZ!"
"THAT REF IS SUAREZ"!! #'SUAREZ' means
(Verb). a. To viciously and proactively inhibit or halt the progress of a person, an establishment or a nation.
(b). To act in a way that is deliberate and intentional, though spontaneous, yet calculated to frustrate the advancement of an adversary.
(Noun). a. A state of being where all your efforts are visibly and overtly being frustrated and impeded.
(Adverb) Describing a frustrated state of mind where force is directed, deliberately and intentionally. e.g. The Uruguayan SUAREZedly prevented the ball from entering the post.
(Verb) The team's opportunity to score was SUAREZed by a member of the opposing team.
(noun)I am in a state of SUAREZ, please don't stress me further.
(Adverb)The Uruguayan SUAREZedly prevented the ball from crossing the line. [left][/left] ;DNO NEED TO THANK ME

1 Like

Re: Oxford Dictionaries Adds ‘hot Mess,’ ‘side boob, ‘throw Shade And More To dictio by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 16, 2014
nagoma:

Your reaction shows that you know the meaning. Well done.
Well u brought on da damm demo n i had to play it out n u sure got it 100%..so 4kn weldone 2ya,mallam,gud job.
Re: Oxford Dictionaries Adds ‘hot Mess,’ ‘side boob, ‘throw Shade And More To dictio by nagoma(m): 10:39pm On Aug 16, 2014
Rexxie:
Well u brought on da damm demo n i had to play it out n u sure got it 100%..so 4kn weldone 2ya,mallam,gud job.

Are you so angry that you have to insult me ? For not even calling a spade by it's name?

Please be civil. Everyone knows who the Reterdeen is.
Re: Oxford Dictionaries Adds ‘hot Mess,’ ‘side boob, ‘throw Shade And More To dictio by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 16, 2014
nagoma:

Are you so angry that you have to insult me ? For not even calling a spade by it's name?

Please be civil. Everyone knows who the Reterdeen is.
ahha! doncha gerrit? u brought up ur own suggestion, ur own demo word and i helped u out by giving a gud n comprehensible example of ur nice word...whats insulting about that? whaddaheck is insulting in ''there are lotsa RETERDEENS in the nagoma family''? u shud thanx me for helping u out..
Re: Oxford Dictionaries Adds ‘hot Mess,’ ‘side boob, ‘throw Shade And More To dictio by nagoma(m): 10:52pm On Aug 16, 2014
Rexxie:
ahha! doncha gerrit? u brought up ur own suggestion, ur own demo word and i helped u out by giving a gud n comprehensible example of ur nice word...whats insulting about that? whaddaheck is insulting in ''there are lotsa RETERDEENS in the nagoma family''? u shud thanx me for helping u out..

You mean there are many Jonadafts in nagoma family? I will contest that. We can't compete with the Reterdeen. He is the champion when it comes to cluelessness.
Re: Oxford Dictionaries Adds ‘hot Mess,’ ‘side boob, ‘throw Shade And More To dictio by kelechiMarie(f): 10:59pm On Aug 16, 2014
englishmart: frontpage is not determinant on how many posts a thread has!
okay whatever cheesy i'm on fp
Re: Oxford Dictionaries Adds ‘hot Mess,’ ‘side boob, ‘throw Shade And More To dictio by dtito(m): 12:39am On Aug 17, 2014
sonyc00: ;DYOU FORGOT ONE....SUAREZ(person)by far the greatest family name known to be.eg:
he must be a Suarez, just look at him he is so sexy and powerful. #To intentionally handball a would-be goal from the net.
Yo, did you guys see that striker suarez that ball away? #To Suarez is to casually or randomly bite people to intentionally wound them.
Carry on and I will Suarez you! #(n) a "heroic" asshole who ended the dreams of an African continent with his hands in a world cup match
(v) to ruin someone's hopes and dreams by getting desperate after having a bad day
Yesterday after getting fired I Suarezed and got extra fines for shitting on my boss's desk. #(n) person as wise as he is witty, Suarez' have the gift of the silver tongue able to talk themselves out of a murder charge. Extremely dedicated to anything they do, Suarez' excel in taking the lead while waiting for no one. Highly skilled in coordinative activities like music and video games Suarez' enjoy relaxing with friends and family alike.
Player 1: "Did you just get 360 no-scoped?"
Player 2: "Sigh...yea he completely Suarezed me." #To be a cheating and unscrupulous person who finds delight in the misery and loss of others caused by his/her own hand; devious to have created a situation whereby a person or people deserving of a situation can in no way attain what they deserve; to be an unethical, undignified and unjust scum bag who gets away with things.
"stop being such a suarez."
"he plays suarez"
"she's suarezing"
"what a SUAREZ!"
"THAT REF IS SUAREZ"!! #'SUAREZ' means
(Verb). a. To viciously and proactively inhibit or halt the progress of a person, an establishment or a nation.
(b). To act in a way that is deliberate and intentional, though spontaneous, yet calculated to frustrate the advancement of an adversary.
(Noun). a. A state of being where all your efforts are visibly and overtly being frustrated and impeded.
(Adverb) Describing a frustrated state of mind where force is directed, deliberately and intentionally. e.g. The Uruguayan SUAREZedly prevented the ball from entering the post.
(Verb) The team's opportunity to score was SUAREZed by a member of the opposing team.
(noun)I am in a state of SUAREZ, please don't stress me further.
(Adverb)The Uruguayan SUAREZedly prevented the ball from crossing the line. [left][/left] ;DNO NEED TO THANK ME
I dey laf d cry
Re: Oxford Dictionaries Adds ‘hot Mess,’ ‘side boob, ‘throw Shade And More To dictio by dtito(m): 12:40am On Aug 17, 2014
begwong: @op why not get back to your post and get the new words additions BOLDED for ease of viewing,especially those of us using 3310 to browse?
Lolz..I hear
Re: Oxford Dictionaries Adds ‘hot Mess,’ ‘side boob, ‘throw Shade And More To dictio by dtito(m): 12:42am On Aug 17, 2014
nnekamezor: Interesting.... Feed me more (FMM) Dis shuld hv bin included.smiley.
I dey tell u for real...dey need add am

1 Like

Re: Oxford Dictionaries Adds ‘hot Mess,’ ‘side boob, ‘throw Shade And More To dictio by dtito(m): 12:47am On Aug 17, 2014
igbsam: Interesting. But its meant for our coming generation. Not this present one!
Lolz except say u don reach 80 years like dah
Re: Oxford Dictionaries Adds ‘hot Mess,’ ‘side boob, ‘throw Shade And More To dictio by dtito(m): 12:49am On Aug 17, 2014
cuttiemama: Hmmm! Abriviations now in dictionary. SMH...
Since nah...u just realised??
Re: Oxford Dictionaries Adds ‘hot Mess,’ ‘side boob, ‘throw Shade And More To dictio by dtito(m): 12:49am On Aug 17, 2014
bloglover: @AHHDJ
Oxford ,figure that one out if them born u well
I no fit laf finish
Re: Oxford Dictionaries Adds ‘hot Mess,’ ‘side boob, ‘throw Shade And More To dictio by dtito(m): 12:51am On Aug 17, 2014
Tessy10: First time am commenting on a topic on FP...we getting there..next i'l b d FTC...time to settle down and read what d Op wrote
Lol.
Re: Oxford Dictionaries Adds ‘hot Mess,’ ‘side boob, ‘throw Shade And More To dictio by dtito(m): 12:52am On Aug 17, 2014
kolamilan: hot mess lol.
I dey tell u
Re: Oxford Dictionaries Adds ‘hot Mess,’ ‘side boob, ‘throw Shade And More To dictio by dtito(m): 12:56am On Aug 17, 2014
sammieguze: Catching up with global trends
God know say u sabi sum tin my bro...feel ur post
Re: Oxford Dictionaries Adds ‘hot Mess,’ ‘side boob, ‘throw Shade And More To dictio by dtito(m): 12:58am On Aug 17, 2014
Lilimax: Good to know; I like this word YOLO smiley so on point...one life and one death undecidedembarassed
Yeah...buh peeps missing d real msg
Re: Oxford Dictionaries Adds ‘hot Mess,’ ‘side boob, ‘throw Shade And More To dictio by dtito(m): 12:59am On Aug 17, 2014
carefreewannabe: Interesting.

I will have to check the pronunciation of some of them. smiley
No time sweedie
Re: Oxford Dictionaries Adds ‘hot Mess,’ ‘side boob, ‘throw Shade And More To dictio by dtito(m): 1:00am On Aug 17, 2014
Rilwayne001: Gej should please buy one for PEJ
Lolz....lafing like pharaoh (LLP)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures / How Intelligent Are U? Show Us Here. / NUC Uncovers 100 Fake Professors In Nigerian Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.