Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,826 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) - Literature (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) (87884 Views)

My Upcoming Blockbuster Series / Life On The Run Season 6: Life In Paris / Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by Kitme(f): 2:44pm On Jun 24, 2015
KingzPen:

Thankz so much Dear... I'm awed by your comment, can't get over it quickly... For the updates, I will try and recover from the long absence... Thankz for your care...

*hugs*
My pleasure!
You're one real embodiment of talent on here, and should be appreciated always.
Sad, I missed the question period (super thursday)
I'm an enormous fan of your works!
Do update at your convenience, and don't succumb to the pressures, cos even if it takes years, I WILL WAIT!
So much love! smiley
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by Nmeri17: 3:44pm On Jun 24, 2015
KingzPen:

Thankz so much Dear... I'm awed by your comment, can't get over it quickly... For the updates, I will try and recover from the long absence... Thankz for your care...

*hugs*
so......so you stii dey?? undecided undecided
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by KingzPen(m): 7:20pm On Jun 24, 2015
Nmeri17:
so......so you stii dey?? undecided undecided
Situation of things drove me away, far away... Guess I got a reason to arrive now...
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by Nmeri17: 8:43pm On Jun 24, 2015
KingzPen:

Situation of things drove me away, far away... Guess I got a reason to arrive now...
owky so sani, salewa and co have all evaporated into the gaseous atmosphere and u lost track of what became of them ba?? undecided
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by KingzPen(m): 9:30pm On Jun 24, 2015
Nmeri17:
owky so sani, salewa and co have all evaporated into the gaseous atmosphere and u lost track of what became of them ba?? undecided
Nah Nah, they're all seated on a bench situated at a corner in my brain, waiting for me to direct them...
Gah the whole story broken down to the end...

*winks*
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by Neephemie(f): 1:09am On Jun 26, 2015
Of a truth man, u r an embodiment of brain.... U r a genius! Cnt wait 2 knw wats gonna apn next, it's jez sad dat Dike z gonna pay 4 Dede's sins nd i hope dat money doesn't get stolen from Dede. Well done Kingzpen....take all d tym u nid 2 giv ur readers d best. More inspiration man!

1 Like

Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by Kitme(f): 5:53pm On Jun 26, 2015
Neephemie:
Of a truth man, u r an embodiment of brain.... U r a genius! Cnt wait 2 knw wats gonna apn next, it's jez sad dat Dike z gonna pay 4 Dede's sins nd i hope dat money doesn't get stolen from Dede. Well done Kingzpen....take all d tym u nid 2 giv ur readers d best. More inspiration man!
Bless you!
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 6:44pm On Jun 26, 2015
....just passing though
#running back to where I stopped...
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by RyanCassidy(m): 10:09am On Jul 11, 2015
KingzPen:

Nah Nah, they're all seated on a bench situated at a corner in my brain, waiting for me to direct them...
Gah the whole story broken down to the end...

*winks*

Oya give us d story na... abi make we cry first?
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by KingzPen(m): 4:46pm On Jul 13, 2015
PLS, I'M SO SORRY FOR MY LONG ABSENCE...

EPISODE 31

Now in this room were six eyes, four of which shimmered with tons of fear. Dede’s sight narrowed to the bolted door, imagining how fast he could unbolt it and run away.

“Don’t be scared. I’m not hurting you.” The guy with the gun put a stop to the terror swirling inside of them. “I will leave in some minutes, just be calm.”

“Okay.” The lady said slowly, her eyes well installed on the dangerous metal he held. She had a chronic fear for guns, all because of their prompt obedience at the pull of the trigger. “Can you please put that aside?”

“This?” He stretched out his pistol. “Fine. That’s no problem.” He walked to a table and dropped it, but clung on to his brief-case. The lady’s curious eyes still questioned the content of the brief-case, but her guts weren’t muscled enough to attack him again, so she sealed her lips.

This stone-faced guy could change his mind and pick back his gun, and thinking of his scary burly physique like a bodyguard, Dede summoned courage to leave the room.

“Where are you going?” The guy said, his voice deep and husky.

“Nowhere.” Dede stopped and faked a smile as he stared longingly into his ireful eyes. “I’m not going anywhere, sir.”

“Sit!” He commanded. The command that was meant for Dede alone also forced the innocent lady into quick action. The power of a voice that had been fortified by excessive smoking of ganja. “Nobody leaves until I leave. Understood?”

The two nodded sheepishly.

And just as their fear became very obvious to the fearsome guy, the antenna of his nose arose to catch the frequency of the choking smell that exuded from the pot of beans burning on the stove, at a corner of the room. He coughed. He coughed again in three quick succession. Then he dropped to the ground, his chest heaving as he gasped for air. Immediately, the shop owner scrambled to her feet and ran to the stove, dropped the pot and blew off the fire. Dede understanding that this was an asthmatic attack, rushed to him and groped inside his pocket for his inhaler. He found nothing save his wallet.

“Check his box for the puffer.” The lady said, hastening to open the windows.

Dede reached for the brief-case and opened it. “Jeeezus!”

“What?” She turned to Dede, who instantly satisfied her curiosity, holding a bale of hundred dollar bill. “Oh my god!”

“Shuuush. Oh your god, see your mouth.” Dede shut her up, then closed the brief-case and laid it aside. “Abeg let’s get him to the hospital.”

“Okay okay.” Her mind couldn’t relinquish the unimaginable wealth that just flashed before her poor eyes. She carried the dying guy by the head while Dede went for his heavy legs. More like lifting a full bag of rice, his body weight gave them an arduous time to get him to the door. Dede let go one of his legs to open the latch. Then, the asthmatic gave a long loud wheeze, apparently his last breath, and died.

They gently laid him down.

Wouldn’t this lead to another problem? The thought that ran through their minds, as they stood motionless with a folded arms, staring grief-stricken at the corpse.

“What are we going to do? We can’t keep him here.” She took some steps away from the corpse, turned around and took a quick scan around the room. “No, never, not in this shop. We should better report this case immediately to the police.”

Dede looked at her with utmost disdain. “You no even sabi wetin dey commot for your mouth.” He pushed the latch behind the door, then walked to take a seat. “Oh, you will tell the police and they go sey, ‘better people thank you, make una dey go.’ Chai! Yoruba people and fear, na only God fit separate una.”

“Okay, what are we going to do?” She said almost immediately in her local dialect and translated it when Dede put up a puzzled face. “What exactly do you want us to do?”

He firmed his elbows on his thighs, then placed his cheeks in between his palms and thought for some seconds. “We will keep him here till midnight, after we’ll drop him beside the main road.”

“What if we’re caught?”

“Oh my god! I tire for this Yoruba people o. Who go catch us na, haba!”

“Come, enough of this your cockiness. We are talking about a death case here and you’re just taking it like it’s a piece of cake.” The young lady stunned Dede with the educated side of her. “I can very much go out now and inform the police and you’ll do nothing about it.”

“Sorry.” Dede interjected. “No vex. Abeg no vex.”

She sighed and mumbled, “I doubt you are not a robber yourself.” Her gaze on Dede’s bag, slung around his neck.

“What are we going to do now?” He asked as she inched towards the table where the pistol laid.

She took the pistol. “What’s in your bag?” She said with a softer tone.

“My bag? Nothing. Just my clothes.”

She turned around and pointed the pistol at him. “Bring them out. Empty the bag on the floor.”

Without contemplating, Dede stood to his feet and begged her to put away the gun. She didn’t seem to back down, tightening even more her hands around the pistol grip and her right index finger on the trigger, so he unzipped the bag and emptied it on the floor. The bundles of one thousand naira note that rained out of the bag forced her mouth to open without any word.

“I can explain.” Dede dropped the bag and raised his hands in defeat. “Just put away the gun. I’m not a robber. I swear. Please put the gun away.”

“I will pull the trigger if you don’t right away narrate how this money came about.”

He wiped the drips of sweat that instantly formed over his forehead, then sat down with his head bowed. Now Dede knew what it feels like to be a subject under pressure, exactly what he didn’t know Ireti was undergoing.

Gbam! Ireti slammed the door of her car and quickened her steps into the house. She had driven all around town in the quest to find Dede. She clenched her fist at her side, paused along the jumbled sitting room to reminisce for a minute the silly mistake she had made, bringing Dede into her house, and into her bedroom. How could she have been so inattentive to the fact that nobody should be trusted? But now nothing bothered her more than the last four hours of her time that she had left to produce the money. She resolved, moved briskly into the bedroom to pack her belongings to whiz out of town before Desmond would storm on her.

The idea of walking away from all she had worked many years for impelled tears from her eyes. She drew back into her nostrils the watery mucus that slipped down her upper lip, wiped the fast-rolling tears with the back of her palm, then shuffled to the shoe rack, packed her shoes and shoved them all into her luggage. What else was she forgetting? She asked herself over and over again, shifting her very fast gaze from one angle to the other. Nothing of vital importance could be sought by her roving eyes, so she hastily forged on out of the house. Unknown to a woman whose world had began to fall apart, that her sudden, worst nightmare would grow even worse, worse than she could ever imagine.

The sun had gone in search of its lost power, giving room for the moon to brighten the environment to the best of its ability. The chirping sound of the crickets could partially be heard in spite of the loud zoom made by fast moving vehicles. And the gentle breeze from the warm evening stroked her supple skin. Getting close to her car, Ireti let down her luggage, peeked into her clutch bag and groped in it for her car-key. After seconds of thorough searching, she realized the key laid not in her bag, but on her bed, in the bedroom. Her pulse rate increased, throbbing hard for fear, and without any delay, she rushed back into the house.

Having expected her after fifteen hours of her departure from his residence, Desmond had sent his gang after Ireti.

“Dead or alive, bring her to me, else don’t return to me. Go!” Desmond’s single command that kept his gang accelerating very fast on the streets of Lagos, flouting traffic rules, towards Ireti’s house.

TO BE CONTINUED...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by Nmeri17: 9:30pm On Jul 13, 2015
Bro u don pursue all your readers finish sad nice update anyways
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by KingzPen(m): 9:33pm On Jul 13, 2015
Awwww... Faithful ones are yet to be bred, cos those are the ones I need...
Nmeri17:
Bro u don pursue all your readers finish sad nice update anyways
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by Nmeri17: 9:37pm On Jul 13, 2015
KingzPen:
Awwww... Faithful ones are yet to be bred, cos those are the ones I need...
they're not to blame at all. its all your fault. you racked 40,000 views and threw it away just like that. who does that??
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by YoungestMuller(m): 9:39pm On Jul 13, 2015
Kingzpen-sneh, whr av U been since-sneh...welcome anyways-sneh . . . . . . . . . . U av to compensate Us tho-sneh
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by KingzPen(m): 9:59pm On Jul 13, 2015
Itz not about the views my dear... And that ain't a motivating factor at all, for me... Perhaps, you have no clue what's up with me... I'm doing this not to be compensated with comments, views, likes or anything whatsoever. I'm doing this for the people who still care to read... Finish!
Nmeri17:
they're not to blame at all. its all your fault. you racked 40,000 views and threw it away just like that. who does that??
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by KingzPen(m): 10:01pm On Jul 13, 2015
Work have taking me hostage... But I sure will try to make it up to you guyz...
YoungestMuller:
Kingzpen-sneh, whr av U been since-sneh...welcome anyways-sneh
U av to compensate Us tho-sneh
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by Periscope777: 11:08am On Jul 14, 2015
This story is so captivating. Kudos Bro!
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by charijee(f): 1:32pm On Jul 14, 2015
Had a difficult time trying to blend the last episode with the story so far embarassed embarassed

Welcome back kingzpen
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by Kitme(f): 4:31pm On Jul 14, 2015
Washiere!! Gosh! I'm so happy to meet this latest update. I doff my cap for you.. Till when next now
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by Neephemie(f): 9:01am On Jul 15, 2015
Kudos man! Hmmmm.... Dede z in deep shit,anywaiz pity him sha. Kip it up
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by SexySapphire(f): 12:16pm On Aug 03, 2015
Dear Israel, I know I've offended and disappointed you greatly, that is undeniable (I'm also not proud of myself)sad. I come before you with a heart filled with remorse to say how sorry I am and hoping you will find it in you to forgive me. I know I don't deserve you.
Happy birthday dear, I wish you all of the happiness and joy that can be spared cos you deserve it and so much more. May God add more days to your years and grant unto you all your wishes and heart desires. May you never know any form of sorrow, not even for a second. Have a beautiful year deariekiss. Cheers.

Cc: Kingzpen

1 Like

Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by Carinaflo(f): 7:50am On Oct 10, 2015
Still hoping for an update someday
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by KingzPen(m): 10:01am On Oct 28, 2015
Carinaflo:
Still hoping for an update someday
Awwwwww... Sorry to have disappointed you...
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by KingzPen(m): 10:02am On Oct 28, 2015
Who is here?
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by Fembleez1(m): 12:38pm On Oct 28, 2015
Many of us are! cheesy

1 Like

Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by KingzPen(m): 12:53pm On Oct 28, 2015
Fembleez1:
Many of us are! cheesy
Funny Boss...

1 Like

Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by Fembleez1(m): 7:59pm On Oct 28, 2015
KingzPen:

Funny Boss...
wink
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by YoungestMuller(m): 8:57pm On Oct 28, 2015
KingzPen:
Who is here?

Funny enough every sapien dat followed ur topic are still here

Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by Theeldah(f): 12:14pm On Nov 06, 2015
Still waiting
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by MerryMe1(f): 5:54pm On Dec 06, 2015
UPDATE: OPENING DATE: 1ST DECEMBER 2015.
DEADLINE: 5th FEBRUARY 2016
ABOUT NAWOT:
The Nelson Adeyeye Writers Of Today(NAWOT) is an online competition that is organized by Sandra Adeyeye C.E.O of Eminent Creators in honor of her late father Mr. Nelson Adeyeye as a way to encourage the writing and reading culture of the Nigerian youth.
This competition promises to be an exciting and uplifting showcase of well-laid out Prose that promotes creativity at it's peak.
AWARDS:
There shall be a selection of the best twenty stories by our judges. These shall make up our anthology other prizes to be won include but are not restricted to:
Best writer Romance Category - 15,000
Best writer Science Fiction and Fantasy Category - 15,000
Best writer Mystery and Horror Category - 15,000
Best writer Action and Thriller Category - 15,000
Other consolation prizes, a copy of the anthology and other books shall follow.
RULES AND REGULATION:
In order to be eligible, participants are to note the following guidelines as regards submission of entries.
1) Participant must be a Nigerian youth between the ages of 16 - 30 years.
2) Participant must send a mail containing a black and white passport photograph, age, sex, phone numbers, email and facebook i.d in a separate mail from the mail bearing his entry.
3) Entry to be submitted must be Prose, original work of participant and must be an unpublished work, not submitted for any publication during the period of this competition.
NOTE: entry should not bear author's name on it. Just the title and the word count.
4) Entry must be between a 1,500 (minimum) - 2,500 (maximum) word count. Entries must be complete, concise and bear a comprehensive plot, i.e a beginning, middle and an end (no season). Entry font should be Arial size 12 and double spaced.
NOTE: subject of mail should signify what category the author is entering his story. No entries in PDF format will be accepted.
5) Participants can compete in four categories during this competition. I.e every writer is entitled to four entries per competition. Science fiction/fantasy category, mystery/horror category, action/thriller category and romance category.
NOTE: each entry attracts a fee of #1,000.
6) Every entry must have an attachment of the scanned bank draft which has the title of the submission boldly written on it.
Account name: Eminent Creators
Account number: 0201029142
Bank: Gtbank.
7) Every entry must be in English language, with minimal usage of vernacular; and if unavoidably used, must be explained as a footnote for better understanding.
cool All entries must be submitted to nelsonadeyeyewritersoftoday@gmail.com on or before 5 February 2016 (late entries will attract an extra fee of 500). Date for the prize-giving ceremony shall be communicated to participants via mail.
MODE OF SELECTION:
Participants will have excerpts from their stories displayed on our blog and Facebook page for voting by our public audience within a span of two weeks. Excerpts with the highest votes/comments within that period shall scale through to the next stage of selection.
Final announcement of the winners shall be left to the jurisdiction of the competition's in-house judges whose decisions shall be Binding and Final.
Finally: Writers retain the rights to the stories they submit for the NAWOT competition. The twenty winning stories are published as an anthology and open for purchase after the launching. After that, the winning authors are free to publish anywhere, as long as due credit is given to the NAWOT competition and/or Eminent Creators. Eminent Creators staff and NAWOT team members are not eligible to participate in the competition.
Good luck.

Signed:
Hillary Zita Successa
For the competition department.

For more information, send a message to nelsonadeyeyewritersoftoday@gmail.com or like our page on facebook. https://m.facebook.com/Nelson-Adeyeye-Writers-of-Today-NAWOT-1536651376625288/?ref=context_row or visit https://eminentcreatorsblog./ for more details. Thanks.

Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by Nancydearie(f): 8:04pm On Dec 14, 2015
Kingzpen,its been a while,hope u are ok? How is work?
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by bookj(f): 10:32am On Mar 23, 2016
Nice story kingzpen, been following dis story since last year, came back to read 2day. Couldn't read episode 29 nd 30 on ur site, plsssSsssssssss post it here cos 31 is nt dat understandable

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience / Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette / Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.