Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

How To Make Your Own Hand Sanitizer! - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Make Your Own Hand Sanitizer! (6557 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Your Own Hand Sanitizer! by LilNetty(m): 2:17pm On Aug 16, 2014
The news has been filled with Ebola: Oh yes...the deadly ebola! Thank God it can be prevented if we are careful where we go and on point with our hygiene. Hmmmm....I bought hand sanitizers about a month ago, before the whole Ebola drama and the tiny bottle cost aboutN300. I was at a supermarket yesterday and that same tiny sized hand sanitizer hadN1300 labelled on it. You could tell the price tag was fresh.
Just imagine that!
Of course that gingered me to think about ways to make my own hand sanitizer because I cannot come and go and use all my salary to buy that small pangolo sanitizer. If you have the time you can try making your own sanitizer!
I like senrenere so I used:
*.8-10 drops of Lavender Essential oil (I would have preferred orange because I don't like the scent of lavender)
*.1/3 cup of K-Y Gel or some people use Aloe Vera Gel ( KY GEL has glycerin so it will be moisturizing for your hands)
*.2/3 cup of Rubbing Alcohol (methylated spirit)
*.Empty bottle (to pour in your sanitizer when made)
*.Glass bowl for mixing (because essential oils can leave almost a permanent flavour on plastic)
*.Daaazaaaal!Essential oils have antiseptic properties, also rubbing alcohol (methylated spirit) is a great disinfectant and it dries up instantly (like ogogoro) so in actual fact, you can use any of the items alone to sanitize your surroundings. You can add water to rubbing alcohol and that can be your sanitizer; it doesn't have to always be in a gel form.
Method: Mix these items together, shake vigorously until it blends. Mine had bits of the K-Y Gel but after leavening it for a few hours, it all melted and was a perfect gel! Try it!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make Your Own Hand Sanitizer! by XKZ(m): 2:38pm On Aug 16, 2014

1 Like

Re: How To Make Your Own Hand Sanitizer! by mindtricks: 6:22pm On Dec 08, 2014
LilNetty:
The news has been filled with Ebola: Oh yes...the deadly ebola! Thank God it can be prevented if we are careful where we go and on point with our hygiene. Hmmmm....I bought hand sanitizers about a month ago, before the whole Ebola drama and the tiny bottle cost aboutN300. I was at a supermarket yesterday and that same tiny sized hand sanitizer hadN1300 labelled on it. You could tell the price tag was fresh.
Just imagine that!
Of course that gingered me to think about ways to make my own hand sanitizer because I cannot come and go and use all my salary to buy that small pangolo sanitizer. If you have the time you can try making your own sanitizer!
*.8-10 drops of Lavender Essential oil (I would have preferred orange because I don't like the scent of lavender)
*.1/3 cup of K-Y Gel or some people use Aloe Vera Gel ( KY GEL has glycerin so it will be moisturizing for your hands)
*.Glass bowl for mixing (because essential oils can leave almost a permanent flavour on plastic)
*.Daaazaaaal!Essential oils have antiseptic properties, also rubbing alcohol (methylated spirit) is a great disinfectant and it dries up instantly (like ogogoro) so in actual fact, you can use any of the items alone to sanitize your surroundings. You can add water to rubbing alcohol and that can be your sanitizer; it doesn't have to always be in a gel form.
Method: Mix these items together, shake vigorously until it blends. Mine had bits of the K-Y Gel but after leavening it for a few hours, it all melted and was a perfect gel! Try it!

Ebola
Re: How To Make Your Own Hand Sanitizer! by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:49am On Mar 02, 2020
LilNetty:
Just imagine that!

Nice work
Re: How To Make Your Own Hand Sanitizer! by Ekpeitut: 2:59pm On Mar 02, 2020
Do you know how much K-Y gel is?

(1) (Reply)

Photos Everyone Should Look At Twice Because The Girls’ Clothes Are Painted / Spy+ Helm Sunglasses / Good Dressing, Advantage, Disadvantage, Applications And Implication

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.