Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

Cindy Rella: A Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Cindy Rella: A Story (1890 Views)

Poll: Rate this story on a scale of 1 to 4

4 (Very Good): 7% (1 vote)
3 (Good): 21% (3 votes)
2 (Fair): 42% (6 votes)
1 (Poor): 28% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Class Clash- A story about love and family background/status / The University Village - A Story / Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cindy Rella: A Story by Seun(m): 7:21pm On Jul 23, 2006
CINDY RELLA

VISUAL:
A girl is washing the floor, in a kneeling position, using a rag as a mop. There's a bucket by her side, presumable filled with detergent solution. She's holding the rag with both hands. She's wearing a faded t-shirt on a faded pair of jeans. Her hair is combed and tied with rubber bands. She has no jewelry on.

CAPTION:
Hello, and welcome to my story. My name is Cindy. Cindy Rella.

VISUAL:
A groom is putting a ring on his bride's finger. They are wearing wedding clothes. We can only see their hands and sleeves. They are Cindy Rella's dad (Papi) and mother (Mami).

CINDY:
My parents - Papi and Mami - got married 25 years ago.

VISUAL:
Picture of a newlywed couple in front of their giant cake. The groom is feeding the bride with a piece. He's smiling. The bride looks excited, she's laughing and we can see her teeth.

CINDY:
My mum used to call my dad "love of my life", because that's what he was to her.

VISUAL:
Papi is carrying Mami into their house. They are both wearing wedding clothes.

CINDY:
The two of them were lovebirds. They were supposed to live happily ever after.

VISUAL:
Cinderella's father is driving into their compound. His wife is by the gate, smiling.

CINDY:
Papi had a big house, a car, a lucrative job, and now a wife. What more could he ask for?

VISUAL:
Cinderella's father and mother are on a double-bed, in a suggestive position. Lightly dressed.

CINDY:
A son, of course.

VISUAL:
Mami is sad. Papi's arm is around her shoulders.

PAPI:
Don't be upset, Mami. Let's be patient. In 2 or 3 years we'll have our son.

CINDY:
3 years passed . . .

VISUAL:
Papi is upset. Mami is trying to placate him, but he's shunning her.

CINDY:
. . . and nothing happened. Papi's attitude towards Mami started to change.

VISUAL:
Cinderella's father is seated on a hotel room chair, next to deep in thought. There's a half-dressed woman on the bed. His mistress. A wall-clock is visible, and we can see that the time is 11:00pm.

CINDY:
A few years later, my dad started seeing another woman. He wanted a son more than anything else.

VISUAL:
Cinderella's mom is praying, by her bedside. A bible is open. Her face is relaxed. It's 11:00pm.

CINDY:
Meanwhile Mami became a prayer warrior. She wanted God to heal her marriage and give her a son.

VISUAL:
Papi and the mistress are in a secret area. She's handing him a letter.

MISTRESS:
The doctor says it's a boy.

CINDY:
Fortunately for him, and unfortunately for us, Papi's mistress got pregnant a few months after they met.

VISUAL
Papi is giving her money. On his face he has a subdued smile.

CINDY:
He started giving her money every month for the sake of his son.

VISUAL:
Mami is committing into a sink (because she's pregnant).

CINDY:
Around the same time, Mami also got pregnant. "Oops", right?

VISUAL:
Mami and Papi are in a doctor's office. She's rejoicing, with her hands in the hair. The doctor is smiling. Her husband is not.

CINDY:
Wrong! You see, my dad wanted a son, but my mom was merely carrying a girl: me.

VISUAL:
Cinderella's dad is holding his wife's hand. She had tried to slap him. She's really angry.

CINDY:
My mom nearly slapped my dad when he told her about his mistress and 'son'. They'd never fought before then.

VISUAL:
Mami is carrying two bags. Papi is standing behind her and pointing towards the exit, which we can see: an open door leading out of the house.

CINDY:
He asked her to apologize or leave. She refused to apologize, since he's the one who wronged her. So he threw her out.

VISUAL:
Mami coming out of the bus with the same two bags.

CINDY:
Mami couldn't believe she had been thrown out of her matrimonial home.
That day, she decided to leave Papi's life for good. She disappeared with me.

VISUAL:
The mistress is carrying two babies, sitting. Cinderella's father is standing, visibly angry!

CAPTION:
Eight months later . . .

PAPI:
Woman, where is my son?

CINDY:
The woman gave birth to a daughter instead of the son she promised my dad.

VISUAL:
Papi is on now kneeling on the floor. Despondent. Tears trickling down his face.

PAPI:
I have no son. I've spent all my money on this woman, and now I have twins to support. My wife has disappeared, and I'm the one who sent her packing.

VISUAL:
Papi is rolling on the floor, crying.

PAPI:
God, please kill me! I don't think I want to live again.

CINDY:
That prayer went unanswered.

VISUAL:
Papi's car is parked beside his house. He's helping his mistress - and her baby - out of his car.

CINDY:
Papi pulled himself together and took in Hanti, his mistress and the mother of his daughter.

VISUAL:
Hanti is entering Papi's house, carrying a baby. A little girl is playing in the living room.

CAPTION:
2 years later . . .

PAPI:
Sisi, don't you want to carry your little sister?

HANTI:
Her name is Erobo.

UPDATED at 9:13pm Sunday July 23.
Re: Cindy Rella: A Story by kellorah: 8:12pm On Jul 23, 2006
seun, did you make this up yourself?
Re: Cindy Rella: A Story by Seun(m): 8:33pm On Jul 23, 2006
Yeah. This is the first original story I'm posting on this forum. It's loosely based on a certain fairy tale.

Is it any good so far?
Re: Cindy Rella: A Story by kellorah: 8:33pm On Jul 23, 2006
yeah it is! it's from cinderella (copied)
it's good!
you're creative!
bless! wink
Re: Cindy Rella: A Story by goodguy(m): 8:46pm On Jul 23, 2006
The Intro is professionally presented.

It's an explicit narrative story!

Even though it seems easy to predict what will eventually happen later on in the story, it's still suspensive enough to keep and hold one in a nail-biting session; while anxiously awaiting the concluding part of the story.

I say, Good Job, Seun!
Re: Cindy Rella: A Story by kellorah: 8:49pm On Jul 23, 2006
seun,you should gather a small group of people to act this out you know.
Re: Cindy Rella: A Story by Badman888(m): 9:02pm On Jul 23, 2006
it was aite,
Re: Cindy Rella: A Story by Seun(m): 11:34pm On Jul 23, 2006
Thanks, badman. It's an original story I'm still writing.

Thanks, kellorah. I'm planning to make a comic out of it.

If anyone is reading the rest of the story, or in offering any suggestions, that'll be lovely. Thanks.
Re: Cindy Rella: A Story by JosBoy4Lif(m): 8:14am On Jul 24, 2006
I didnt like it. Maybe its cause this Story has been done time and time again
you even called it a diary. cindarella diaries na disney movie
Re: Cindy Rella: A Story by Seun(m): 12:34pm On Jul 24, 2006
there's no catholic movie with that name and the Cinderella story existed in many forms before disney.
Re: Cindy Rella: A Story by Neoteny(m): 2:04pm On Jul 25, 2006
cumbersome, unoriginal, and totally devoid of any grip. poorly plagiarized, shoddily executed with a bogus attempt at technicality.
Re: Cindy Rella: A Story by kellorah: 2:06pm On Jul 25, 2006
Neoteny:

cumbersome, unoriginal, and totally devoid of any grip. poorly plagiarized, shoddily executed with a bogus attempt at technicality.
nnah mehnnn all of this grammar? cheesy
wow!!
Re: Cindy Rella: A Story by Neoteny(m): 2:09pm On Jul 25, 2006
hi kellorah. i like ur name
actually was just having a bit of a rip, just for a blast. actually he did good but im just a lil sore at the way he knocked my story. lol.
Re: Cindy Rella: A Story by kellorah: 2:24pm On Jul 25, 2006
i'm aii

lol. seun'll deal with you later grin

you wrote your own story? i better go and find it and read
Re: Cindy Rella: A Story by Neoteny(m): 2:44pm On Jul 25, 2006
<gasp!!>  u havent already? well its called stella and isnt really much sha.

@seun
no vex o! na yoke i jus dey yoke no bi say na wahala i wan cause for mysef.
Re: Cindy Rella: A Story by IAH(f): 3:05pm On Jul 25, 2006
Neoteny, I think Seun did the worst in helping you to space and paragraph that crap you call your story.
You must really be a joker to be expecting much praises with that utter rubbish you posted as a Story.

Na yoke me too I just dey yoke o! grin grin grin
Re: Cindy Rella: A Story by Neoteny(m): 6:20pm On Jul 25, 2006
ouch! talk about a vicious chan.
sadly i'm unable to larf.
Re: Cindy Rella: A Story by Neoteny(m): 6:26pm On Jul 25, 2006
@ IAH
u wey sidon yanfu under yam tree, how u go kno corect tory? abi na because seun get dis naira wahala na him make u dey sing am praises ba? as i dey now e get one nairaland pesin wey yan say why the girlies no dey contribute for yans na so-so lol and lmao and rofl dem jus dey swing. IAH maybe u go sort am out cos de ting de baffle me too. him name na scory47 or ike4real.

as per usual na yoke be dis. grin
Re: Cindy Rella: A Story by Seun(m): 7:47am On Sep 24, 2007
I'm not surprised that this isn't enjoyable. It would have been better to express this in a narrative form.
Re: Cindy Rella: A Story by zukkie4eva(f): 4:51pm On Sep 24, 2007
Seun, nice one, i think i like ur story,

Abeg, make u dey finish ur story jare!
Re: Cindy Rella: A Story by tijehi(f): 11:04am On Jul 11, 2008
the Papi, Mami and Hanti names got me laughing, seun really nice one.
Re: Cindy Rella: A Story by wildbubble(f): 7:12pm On Jul 15, 2008
This is the second time i'm trying to read this interesting story, and this is the second time i'm wondering if i would have read at all if our stories were all written this way. T he story is good no doubt, but this strange format is quite tiring
Re: Cindy Rella: A Story by maedan(f): 8:11pm On Jul 15, 2008
Sorry to say, I didn't like the Cindy Rella story either. Had a headache just trying to finish it. And finish I had to, so I could make a fair judgement.

Maybe it's just the format, because I believe only producers and directors of movies have to go through the stress of reading stories in script format. They get used to it.

Unfortunately, lesser mortals like me rather read our stuff in plain old prose. I enjoy fairytales and I'm working on some modern-day versions of some myself. That's why I looked in on the topic.

Just try again with it, make it less cumbersome, more original, less bogus and definitely less technical, it'll make a lot more sense. Just my honest opinion tho'.

(1) (Reply)

Help Needed By Stephengee12 / How To Publish With Farafina Book Publishers / The Vampire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.