Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,365 members, 7,826,431 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. (13424 Views)

Class Clash- A story about love and family background/status / The University Village - A Story / Political Crinkum Crankum (a Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by Dygeasy(m): 3:02pm On Jun 05, 2013
Hello respected writers and highly esteemed readers. Mr. Moderator how do you do?

Time to do something fun I guess. Yeah right!

Many days ago, I was writing and then suddenly an idea came to my mind and I'll tell you guys about it.
At first I wanted to do it all alone (selfish me... Lol) but I haven't been able to bring myself to starting and then I thought it'd be more fun bringing more people into it.

So here's the isht;

The spirit told me I could write a story/series titled NAIRALAND and my own spirit told me it'd be fun doing so. Its gonna be like this, we have over one million registered members here with different monikers and each username comes with 'its' own e-personality and at a time or many times each of us must have come across a username that's always like 'in your eyes/way'. So the users that must have caught your attention, basically to anybody interested in writing, would be made into characters and they can be linked together in a series of events and make a story. Nairaland could be a school, country, anywhere. That's to be decided when the story begins... If it ever does. Its gonna be about romance, comedy, politics and every different thing that anybody/writer can think of to keep the story alive. I hope you get the drift now.

Now I'm thinking we could do something collaborative and writers here can show interest that is if you don't see my idea as dumb.

LarrySun, Ishilove, I hope you've got my back on this.

P.S: you should have a thread in this section if you're going to show interest at all.

CREDIT: The idea of collaborative writing on here originally belongs to LarrySun so boss pardon me.

DISCLAIMER: every moniker being used to create a character is purely out of the participating writers' imagination. Nothing should be taken personal and it isn't to defame you (if your username is being used) if something negative is written about you. Its all part of the fun.

Interested writers can PM me or indicate it on this thread.

Thanks all.

...Dygeasy.
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by chinedumo(m): 3:18pm On Jun 05, 2013
I have had the same idea.
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by Dygeasy(m): 3:25pm On Jun 05, 2013
chinedumo: I have had the same idea.
I guess I beat you to it then.cheesycheesy
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 05, 2013
cant wait to read it, it's gonna be real katakata grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by LarrySun(m): 4:22pm On Jun 05, 2013
It'd Be Interesting. grin I've Got Your Back, Buddy.
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:34pm On Jun 05, 2013
Had the same idea! Lol you beat me to it grin

Can't wait...*rubbing palms like ice prince*
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by Dygeasy(m): 4:49pm On Jun 05, 2013
^^^ Larry, HBG welcome here!

Now we've two writers who don't see my idea as silly, are we now gonna get people to show interest in writing with me?

Kindly PM me thanks.
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 5:07pm On Jun 05, 2013
Dygeasy: ^^^ Larry, HBG welcome here!

Now we've two writers who don't see my idea as silly, are we now gonna get people to show interest in writing with me?

Kindly PM me thanks.
thanks, will pm you
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by Dygeasy(m): 5:27pm On Jun 05, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: thanks, will pm you
yeah right... cheesycheesy

We're getting somewhere!
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by Dygeasy(m): 11:14am On Jun 06, 2013
Larry-Sun:
It'd Be Interesting. grin I've Got Your Back, Buddy.
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by Dygeasy(m): 4:56pm On Jun 27, 2013
---
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 27, 2013
That's a great idea. Leaves lots of room for all sorts of interesting things. Ya gunna make it happen soon?
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by Dygeasy(m): 12:29am On Jun 28, 2013
Hunnydropps: That's a great idea. Leaves lots of room for all sorts of interesting things. Ya gunna make it happen soon?
If We Get More Writers To Show Interest. gringrin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:33pm On Jun 28, 2013
Dygeasy: If We Get More Writers To Show Interest. gringrin
you lead we follow....my imagination is already running wild...
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by Dygeasy(m): 7:45am On Jun 29, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: you lead we follow....my imagination is already running wild...
Oh Well... Okay.

Lol @ Imagination Running Wild
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by oluchy13(f): 10:55am On Jul 04, 2013
so so much intrested
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by EzePromoe: 1:42pm On Jul 04, 2013
I found this interesting. Although, initially i had a similar idea but i declined it due to the work i have at hand.
My idea was making a drama thread in the literature section, were an individual NL moniker would be the actors of the drama. But when i thought of the chit chats that would make the thread bumpy, i just have to wave it aside.
Anyways, that's a good inventive.
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:31pm On Jul 04, 2013
Eze Promoe: I found this interesting. Although, initially i had a similar idea but i declined it due to the work i have at hand.
My idea was making a drama thread in the literature section, were an individual NL moniker would be the actors of the drama. But when i thought of the chit chats that would make the thread bumpy, i just have to wave it aside.
it can be done in a form of a novel or drama. I think we could try and work on our direct speech so that we will not get it wrong. You wanna give it a try?
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by EzePromoe: 5:06pm On Jul 04, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: it can be done in a form of a novel or drama. I think we could try and work on our direct speech so that we will not get it wrong. You wanna give it a try?
What i mean by drama, is a play in which the play/acting will be done via live comments by the monikers who would be the characters of the play

e.g Eze Promoe acting as Romeo
HBG acting as Juliet.

Action!

HumbledBYgrace: Honey, what are we going to have for dinner tonight? undecided

Eze Promoe: Abacha and Akamu tongue

HumbledBYgrace: o ska phapha angry
Eze Promoe: Same to you cheesy
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by Dygeasy(m): 8:23pm On Jul 04, 2013
oluchy13: so so much intrested
Yeah Cool. Send Me A PM.
Eze Promoe: I found this interesting. Although, initially i had a similar idea but i declined it due to the work i have at hand.
Not Bad. But Can We Stick To The Plan I Explained Above? I'll Be Glad To See You Participate. Thanks In Advance. grin
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:03pm On Jul 04, 2013
Eze Promoe:
What i mean by drama, is a play in which the play/acting will be done via live comments by the monikers who would be the characters of the play

e.g Eze Promoe acting as Romeo
HBG acting as Juliet.

Action!

ROTFL cheesy are you serious? That's the lamest thing I have ever seen in the world of romance.
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by EzePromoe: 9:31pm On Jul 04, 2013
Dygeasy: Not Bad. But Can We Stick To The Plan I Explained Above? I'll Be Glad To See You Participate. Thanks In Advance. grin
Let's see how it all plays
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by EzePromoe: 9:34pm On Jul 04, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: ROTFL cheesy are you serious? That's the lamest thing I have ever seen in the world of romance.
You're been sarcastic, I guess cheesy Because this kind of romance is one of its kind grin
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:11am On Jul 05, 2013
Eze Promoe:
You're been sarcastic, I guess cheesy Because this kind of romance is one of its kind grin
I am not jor....cheesy
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by astronautog(m): 2:55pm On Jul 05, 2013
Check this out...
"but why we no get water na?"i asked my fellow tenant yemi(popularly known as yemi2plus2)
"o boy y you de ask me jamb question na?go ask redmosquito"he replied.
Red mosquito was our caretaker,funny name though.
"na wa since i park enter this hostel na so so wahala"i said aloud.
"na person force you enter nairaland hostel?"flow my opposite neighbour replied from inside his room.
"o boy lock up o"i fired back
"if the hostel tire you,park go your village!!"slickest said from his weird room.
"na wa o why everybody de attack me na,na only me de nairaland hostel?"
"na because na only you de run ur mouth"yemi2plus said.
"ashawo,abeg shut up,you tink say i be like you wey only sabi 2go love?me bad pass slickest wey only sabi watch horror movie o."i said.
"yahooo boy"seun hailed!!!
"no give me quit notice o,oga seun o because na so so rules full this your hostel o!"i said
seun was the land lord,i wondered why he named the hostel 'nairaland hostel'.
"astro abeg you get toilet roll?"foxy asked
"oga,you just de come from church o!!i know say u don kill pple with mess"i said handing him a roll of tissue paper.
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by macjive01: 5:06pm On Jul 05, 2013
It will not work, even if does it will not be coherent and will become a charade .

If u have written before, u would found out it takes a lot to build a character .

Eg if u are righting romance you might want to start off with a Jew man who graduates to a love-vendor.
Writing collabo with people of different ideology , writing prowess ,,will only make the character ill developed.

I'm all for it, sure there is nothing lost in trial.

However, for it to even has a decent chance to working, the writing would have to define their character , then they can be paired, with similar personality .
when they two personality meet who, first to write will have the privilege to Steer the discus to his desire.

Eg I'm a man writing of fancying isilove, and we are paired , I will be responsive to develop my character on how he feels for ishilove, and my desires for her.
While ishilove will develop her character a well.

When we met , even though ishilove ha written previously of her displeasure with me and her desire not to have sex with me, I could steer the discuss into getting her intoxicated for example , and having her.

Then her in turn, would have no other option but to flow up, write her displeasure of being taken advantage of.

Man forget it , it can't work.
Cos even if this scenario was to play out I will dive into banging her from the get go. And she will dive Into resisting me.
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by Ishilove: 5:36pm On Jul 05, 2013
macjive01: It will not work, even if does it will not be coherent and will become a charade .

If u have written before, u would found out it takes a lot to build a character .

Eg if u are righting romance you might want to start off with a Jew man who graduates to a love-vendor.
Writing collabo with people of different ideology , writing prowess ,,will only make the character ill developed.

However, for it to even has a decent chance to working, the writing would have to define their character , then they can be paired, with similar personality .
when they two personality meet who, first to write will have the privilege to Steer the discus to his desire.

Eg I'm a man writing of fancying isilove, and we are paired , I will be responsive to develop my character on how he feels for ishilove, and my desires for her.

When we met , even though ishilove ha written previously of her displeasure with me and her desire not to have sex with me, I could steer the discuss into getting her intoxicated for example , and having her.

Then her in turn, would have no other option but to flow up, write her displeasure of being taken advantage of.

Cos even if this scenario was to play out I will dive into banging her from the get go. And she will dive Into resisting me.
I completely disagree.
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:41pm On Jul 05, 2013
Ishilove:
I completely disagree.
lol, you can say that again.
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by Dygeasy(m): 12:27am On Jul 06, 2013
Ishilove:
I completely disagree.
Please Tell Him...
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by Dygeasy(m): 12:29am On Jul 06, 2013
macjive01: It will not work, even if does it will not be coherent and will become a charade .

Is This To Make Me Give Up On The Idea?
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by Neduzze5(m): 6:27pm On Jul 09, 2013
Dygeasy: I guess I beat you to it then.cheesycheesy

And you've been beaten to it by someone else!
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by Dygeasy(m): 12:38am On Jul 10, 2013
Neduzze5:

And you've been beaten to it by someone else!
Show Me How!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Two Nigerians Nominated For 2015 Caine Prize For African Writing / The Untold Story Of Distributing Newspapers And Magazines In Nigeria / Reasons why I killed.......Wild Wild West......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.