Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,611 members, 7,823,658 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview (49720 Views)

What's the Weirdest Question you've ever been asked in an Interview? / He Missed An Interview Because……. / A Genius Answer To A Moral/Ethical Dilemma Asked In A Job Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by sawhite: 6:15pm On Aug 18, 2014
CityNG:

Easy Tiger, she says she's married.
i will be her second choice of institution
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 18, 2014
smada13:

sure.....how is your day going
Day was fine... Aint easy at all, how's work.. U on bbm? Kindly PM me ur pin if yes
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Kimmo(f): 6:39pm On Aug 18, 2014
olagockay:
Sirius Brown? U mean Sirius Black #HP

That's how the guy put it oh. Imagine how smug I felt when I replied "If you mean Sirius Black, Harry Potter's godfather, then it's 12, Grimmauld Place"

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 18, 2014
My was the weirdest you can think of

I got invited and I dress well in my newly acquired suit and was excited, after the introduction, the first questions GUESS WAT

Recite the national anthem!
Believe me it got me off balance and I was messed totally

That's the weirdest isn't it?

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 18, 2014
sawhite: i will be her second choice of institution

With all the single Women littering Nigeria, why the fixation on an adelebo woman?
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by royalicon(m): 7:50pm On Aug 18, 2014
Waoh! This is one of the most interesting and educative thread on NL. Kudos.

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Ezibless: 8:14pm On Aug 18, 2014
chukwuma101: If you were an animal, which would you be. And I said I would be an interviewer....................................... They nearly tore my original degree certificate.
lmao guy u bad ogrin
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 18, 2014
koolg:

You actually need to pause and look at your own attitude because the two questions asked are absolutely normal for an interview. Except you elder one works as a laborer and you're 120kg

My attitude? So asking me how much I weigh is a "normal" interview question?
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 18, 2014
great thread I must admit..
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Ezibless: 8:55pm On Aug 18, 2014
Mickey7: for someone who has barbie,a blonde as her moniker,that is a very smart answer.
omg dude u bad o..lol
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by modestdude(m): 9:14pm On Aug 18, 2014
FrankySnow: Lol. 2 × 8? tongue
grin it wasn't easy based on the challenge he gave me. The man clearly avoided the multiples of 2, 3, and 5.
tongue nke gi
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Acidosis(m): 9:19pm On Aug 18, 2014
Ezibless: omg dude u bad o..lol
smiley
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by modestdude(m): 9:35pm On Aug 18, 2014
RotrEmmanuel: bro y do you leave after six months?
A better offer came. I dey craze to resign when there is no offer received from another firm grin.

Btw Fellowship.......through service
(Rotaract o Rotaract, Rotaract my Rotaract)
Hmmm *nostalgic feelings*
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Ezibless: 9:36pm On Aug 18, 2014
CityNG: It's simply amazing to read all these questions that would be illegal here in the US.

The tribe of an employee doesn't dictate the efficiency.

Though I do fault someone above who answered by saying he/she was Yoruba.

My answer would have been different. Sometimes you have to tell people what they want to hear.
Didn't you notice??

THIS IS NIGERIA. Anything is legal lol
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Ezibless: 9:38pm On Aug 18, 2014
olumide77:

Lastly, a ruler.
pls explain 2 and 3
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 18, 2014
modestdude: grin it wasn't easy based on the challenge he gave me. The man clearly avoided the multiples of 2, 3, and 5.
tongue nke gi
Lol.
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by MztrChukwu(m): 10:34pm On Aug 18, 2014
tolutweety: Mine wasn't really a weird question, it wsn't even a question at all.
I found the conversation funny but interesting n i wish to share it.
After passing tru the pre-SRD stages of this oil n gas coy,I finally sat down during the last phase of the interview with two gentlemen in a room.
First man: i am ??, works in HR Dept and I have been in this coy for close to 15yrs.
Second man: i am ??, I am in 'ds Dept'... and I got into this coy 6yrs ago., so may we meet u.....
Me: i am ??, I will be working in 'ds dept'... and I am doing the interview that will make me start the work,... So no yrs spent so far!! *smiles*

.....and they both bursted out laughing!!

I wasn't meant to start that way,had a better approach to introducing myself buh dint knw why the comic part of me took over...lol
I smiled in the end., cos the interview ended up being a friendly discussion.

When I reflect, I still see it as weird and I just laugh.

Did you get d Job? Cos I'm abt to try that shii out too
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Phils: 11:20pm On Aug 18, 2014
OFF TOPIC
Once had one of the best interviews. Spent about an hour/thereabout with the interviewers whereas other applicants spent less than 20 minutes. The interview ended with 4 of the 5-man panel smiling and happy with me except for 1. A member of the panel gave me his facebook username and requested I add him up...my facebook is clean by the way.
They gave me 5k as 'transport subsidy'. Their Office Assistant was all over me and said it looks certain they would employ me.
Their Recruitment Officer called me after a week to tell me that I satisfied all their criteria but I'm ambitious and they can't afford to spend money on someone that will not stay long with them. Well, I took it in good faith. Still-on-still, this there 'compliment' knock-out pain me wella. Interviewers have their ways of asking questions and deducing from response.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by SUGARSON(m): 11:33pm On Aug 18, 2014
Phils: OFF TOPIC
Once had one of the best interviews. Spent about an hour/thereabout with the interviewers whereas other applicants spent less than 20 minutes. The interview ended with 4 of the 5-man panel smiling and happy with me except for 1. A member of the panel gave me his facebook username and requested I add him up...my facebook is clean by the way.
They gave me 5k as 'transport subsidy'. Their Office Assistant was all over me and said it looks certain they would employ me.
Their Recruitment Officer called me after a week to tell me that I satisfied all their criteria but I'm ambitious and they can't afford to spend money on someone that will not stay long with them. Well, I took it in good faith. Still-on-still, this there 'compliment' knock-out pain me wella. Interviewers have their ways of asking questions and deducing from response.

Still-on-Still. U gat to move on...
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by presley64(m): 12:28am On Aug 19, 2014
masagoody: sure I learnt something....but am using a phone and do not know how to connect my mouse to it in other to click "LIKE".....
Meanwhile, you could do with more editing before posting if you know what I mean. Some persons may come up here and start pointing out errors, and others may want to make fun of your write up. Just remember that we learn everyday, so don't take it personal. I would also encourage you to write more. This piece can certainly be better.Cheers!

yours truly
A nairalander .

people like u are called online typing error seekers,can't u just over look somethings n assume its a normal typo error??
Grow up who Eva u are

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by presley64(m): 12:31am On Aug 19, 2014
lildrop: tank me later cool

over sabi,it could b a typo error
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by intuitive: 2:27am On Aug 19, 2014
Mine was
Man: Can u drive?
Me: Yes
Man: Very well? Let's say from port harcourt to lagos?
Me: Last christmas I had an interstate(frm state yyy to zzz) drive to my village
Man: Can u drive a truck?
Me: (like seriously?)No??
Man:Erm ..... Okay....
Another interviewer: Okay, I think we need to rephrase dat questn.

Thinkn about it later, I guess I was too carried away with d fact that they were very nice to me. I forgot myself and thought we were just gisting. I think I was supposed to say sth like : "Although I haven't tried it, but I suppose the driving mechanism of a truck doesn't differ from that of a smaller car; so Yes, I can drive!"
PS: I enjoyed so much divine favor that day that whenever I gave any wrong answer, they looked for ways within themselves to rephrase their questn so that I could get it right. They were just so impressed from the start about everything.

And yes, I've been sent a congratulatory msg to resume soon.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by masagoody(m): 6:29am On Aug 19, 2014
presley64:

people like u are called online typing error seekers,can't u just over look somethings n assume its a normal typo error??
Grow up who Eva u are
Amazing how we all look but see differently. (Should I rather say read, but understand differently?).
Thanks anyway. As for growing up, don't you think we all need it in various aspects of our lives?
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by okeyjames(m): 6:32am On Aug 19, 2014
That was how I was with an interviewer months back, he saw my baptismal certificate and raised up bible discussions at first. He said I know you are from a christian family, I said yes. He now asked me, "Who is James?" Little did I know that he was asking me about myself I thought it was the James in the bible. I started: James is the half brother of Jesus Christ. He wrote the book of James and bla bla bla. The man just tire for me. After saying all those nonsense, he now reminded me that he was asking about my James not the one in the Bible. I was like WTF......Interview no easy o but confidence is KEY

3 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Akwafinaaa: 7:10am On Aug 19, 2014
Did my aptitude test passed and everything went well...lets get to the interview

Met the board 2 white guys and 3 Nigerians. Nigerian MD asked me Where is your village? I said Akwa Ibom. Next he was like your community protest a lot and you guys cause trouble! The white guy jumps in and to my Surprise he defends me, White guy goes no He is not from there (Eket, southern Akwa-Ibom) he is from Ikot Ekpene area(North western Akwa-Ibom) shocked shocked shocked shocked . I no fit shout, oyibo sabi Naija pass Nigerian. Anyway next I was asked do you speak YORUBA (in my mind I was like wtf) (Airline interview ohhh). I said I don't I never had the interest and grew up in a secluded residential area in Lagos. Ok Congrats you have the job bla bla bla.

Appointment letter day and signing some documents : HR Girl abi na woman told me the silliest thing I have ever heard : We were 4 and she turned and faced only me. If you get to the USA and have issues with the school your village cannot save you ohh shocked shocked shocked shocked. Probably one of the worst feelings I have ever had being that I was born in Lagos schooled in Lagos and all my family live there yet YORUBA people think if you are not YORUBA you don't deserve to be treated fairly. I remember working in a bank and my Supervisor openly telling me that Since am not Yoruba I would not be taken/retained by the branch that they will retain the other 2 Yoruba corpers. By the way after NYSC and I did the aptitude test I was retained by the bank HR and the other 2 corpers kicked out.

Believe in yourself and your innate abilities, don't let any body pull you down.

5 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Phils: 7:44am On Aug 19, 2014
okeyjames: That was how I was with an interviewer months back, he saw my baptismal certificate and...
Quite funny... So a Baptismal Certificate is part of your CV? shocked Abi Its a requirement for the job? sad

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by KIDorazulume(m): 7:48am On Aug 19, 2014
Akwafinaaa: Did my aptitude test passed and everything went well...lets get to the interview

Met the board 2 white guys and 3 Nigerians. Nigerian MD asked me Where is your village? I said Akwa Ibom. Next he was like your community protest a lot and you guys cause trouble! The white guy jumps in and to my Surprise he defends me, White guy goes no He is not from there (Eket, southern Akwa-Ibom) he is from Ikot Ekpene area(North western Akwa-Ibom) shocked shocked shocked shocked . I no fit shout, oyibo sabi Naija pass Nigerian. Anyway next I was asked do you speak YORUBA (in my mind I was like wtf) (Airline interview ohhh). I said I don't I never had the interest and grew up in a secluded residential area in Lagos. Ok Congrats you have the job bla bla bla.

Appointment letter day and signing some documents : HR Girl abi na woman told me the silliest thing I have ever heard : We were 4 and she turned and faced only me. If you get to the USA and have issues with the school your village cannot save you ohh shocked shocked shocked shocked. Probably one of the worst feelings I have ever had being that I was born in Lagos schooled in Lagos and all my family live there yet YORUBA people think if you are not YORUBA you don't deserve to be treated fairly. I remember working in a bank and my Supervisor openly telling me that Since am not Yoruba I would not be taken/retained by the branch that they will retain the other 2 Yoruba corpers. By the way after NYSC and I did the aptitude test I was retained by the bank HR and the other 2 corpers kicked out.

Believe in yourself and your innate abilities, don't let any body pull you down.

Bristow? Confidence is key but try know ur village oo.
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Akwafinaaa: 8:02am On Aug 19, 2014
KIDorazulume:

Bristow? Confidence is key but try know ur village oo.

of course I know my Village, na the Yoruba MD wey no know say Oil no dey my village, infact we don't rely on Oil production for anything. For a white guy to correct him shows the way Nigerians think about other parts of their so called country. White against black in USA is bad, Black against Black in Nigeria is Horrible. Recently a Nigerian was denied engineering training in same company after passing all the interviews, his crime: FROM AKWA IBOM STATE!
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by KIDorazulume(m): 8:30am On Aug 19, 2014
Akwafinaaa:

of course I know my Village, na the Yoruba MD wey no know say Oil no dey my village, infact we don't rely on Oil production for anything. For a white guy to correct him shows the way Nigerians think about other parts of their so called country. White against black in USA is bad, Black against Black in Nigeria is Horrible. Recently a Nigerian was denied engineering training in same company after passing all the interviews, his crime: FROM AKWA IBOM STATE!

Ok great.
Sad truth, misconceptions and generalizations has become part of our national life. its so sad
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Oxone(m): 8:43am On Aug 19, 2014
Here's a thread worth bookmarking

Mine was a couple of months after service and that was my second interview. I was so jittery because i was desperate for the job.

The interview panel was made up of a number of my peers and there was a pretty lady in the group. Everything was going well until i was asked how much i would want as my take home pay. i gave the usual "pay me the standard rate" reply. I didn't want to commit to a particular figure because i didn't want to short change myself by mentioning a low figure as there seem more to the company than meet the eye.

The lady now asked if i would accept 15k as salary and i pointed out to her that a 15k salary was a joke in Abj in 2011 and wouldn't even meet my basic needs. she then told me that there are ladies who take home pay was 15k in Abj.

*At this point i should have politely stuck to my gun & kept my mouth shut but the next few minutes was like an out of body experience for me. my brain shut down and my mouth took over, i watched myself from afar blow my chances of getting a job with that firm with the things i said.*

I Agreed with her that some ladies taking home 15k a month but pointed out to her that ladies don't always spend their money & have other ways of getting money. The group became animated and wanted to know how. That's when i finished the job with a list that includes money from admirers, dates and all. I cringed with each word but couldn't stop myself. The look on their faces especially that of the lady's when i was done told me all i needed to know. I knew i wasn't going to be called back ever. There are just somethings you don't say. I guess that daily 5 mins of madness chose that moment to manifest in the worst possible way.

Till date, i still can't explain what happened or what took over me because I'm not usually a chauvinistic Prick. it was all so surreal

13 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by okeyjames(m): 8:55am On Aug 19, 2014
Phils:
Quite funny... So a Baptismal Certificate is part of your CV? shocked Abi Its a requirement for the job? sad
I use it as a birth certificate o. I don't have a birth certificate
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Flygerian1(m): 11:09am On Aug 19, 2014
ayokunle032: kissMine was lik
Am MR. Bleep nd meet MR. XYZ nd MRS. ZZZ
Then after d whole interview one of d interviewer now ask me tu mention their names, me way tension don grip me from all d big big grammar !

The second interview I went for went lik dix

Wen I got in2 d office of d HR (human resources) he asked me to av a seat, he then order for a cup of COFEE for me winkMine was lik
Am MR. Bleep nd meet MR. XYZ nd MRS. ZZZ
Then after d whole interview one of d interviewer now ask me tu mention their names, me way tension don grip me from all d big big grammar !

The second interview I went for went lik dix

Wen I got in2 d office of d HR (human resources) he asked me to av a seat, he then order for a cup of COFEE for me ,then he asked WHAT BEFOUR YOU nd I say TEE... The trick of d question is what b4r d letter U, so tank God I say T
The fvck is he on about?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Warning: Do Not Accept A Job Offer Without Asking These Five Questions / Sad But True Fact Most Nigerian Graduates Face Everyday(pic) / 2019 NNPC Recruitment CBT Nationwide Fixed For June 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.