Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,664 members, 7,959,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 09:11 AM

What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview (49936 Views)

What's the Weirdest Question you've ever been asked in an Interview? / He Missed An Interview Because……. / A Genius Answer To A Moral/Ethical Dilemma Asked In A Job Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Creamish(f): 11:16am On Aug 19, 2014
Well...mine wasnt a weird question..more like an interview i didnt expect.

Bank interview...memorized all the board of directors, chairman, mission, vision..etc

I walked in to meet a panel of 5 interviewers. They looked at my CV and they took note of the column where i stated i knew some french tho it wasnt what i studied and there just happened to be a French literate amongst them.

All my interview was done in FRENCH language. The others had pleasantly surprised look on their faces as i responded to my interviewer and no one asked me anything about d chairman..etc. They were amazed.

I got the job. cheesy

Moral Lesson: Anything wey u no sabi, no add am to ur CV.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Oxone(m): 11:24am On Aug 19, 2014
Oxone: Here's a thread worth bookmarking

Mine was a couple of months after service and that was my second interview. I was so jittery because i was desperate for the job.

The interview panel was made up of a number of my peers and there was a pretty lady in the group. Everything was going well until i was asked how much i would want as my take home pay. i gave the usual "pay me the standard rate" reply. I didn't want to commit to a particular figure because i didn't want to short change myself by mentioning a low figure as there seem more to the company than meet the eye.

The lady now asked if i would accept 15k as salary and i pointed out to her that a 15k salary was a joke in Abj in 2011 and wouldn't even meet my basic needs. she then told me that there are ladies who take home pay was 15k in Abj.

*At this point i should have politely stuck to my gun & kept my mouth shut but the next few minutes was like an out of body experience for me. my brain shut down and my mouth took over, i watched myself from afar blow my chances of getting a job with that firm with the things i said.*

I Agreed with her that some ladies taking home 15k a month but pointed out to her that ladies don't always spend their money & have other ways of getting money. The group became animated and wanted to know how. That's when i finished the job with a list that includes money from admirers, dates and all. I cringed with each word but couldn't stop myself. The look on their faces especially that of the lady's when i was done told me all i needed to know. I knew i wasn't going to be called back ever. There are just somethings you don't say. I guess that daily 5 mins of madness chose that moment to manifest in the worst possible way.

Till date, i still can't explain what happened or what took over me because I'm not usually a chauvinistic Prick. it was all so surreal

ooops posted in the wrong thread but i guess I'll just leave it here

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Oxone(m): 11:29am On Aug 19, 2014
Creamish: Well...mine wasnt a weird question..more like an interview i didnt expect.

Bank interview...memorized all the board of directors, chairman, mission, vision..etc

I walked in to meet a panel of 5 interviewers. They looked at my CV and they took note of the column where i stated i knew some french tho it wasnt what i studied and there just happened to be a French literate amongst them.

All my interview was done in FRENCH language. The others had pleasantly surprised look on their faces as i responded to my interviewer and no one asked me anything about d chairman..etc. They were amazed.

I got the job. cheesy

Nice! cool

I've always wanted to learn french sad

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Creamish(f): 11:32am On Aug 19, 2014
Oxone:

Nice! cool

I've always wanted to learn french sad

Its not late. There r french centres around... Start from d basics. All u need is the interest.

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Phils: 11:38am On Aug 19, 2014
okeyjames:
I use it as a birth certificate o. I don't have a birth certificate
OK.
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by KIDorazulume(m): 11:43am On Aug 19, 2014
How about this?

Went in as a site engineer for an Out-of-home Media organization and was asked? 'so how will you handle agberos/touts, since you cannot speak Yoruba?'

I was like 'pidgin dey na, that na street language'
Never expected an interview from that angle at all
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 19, 2014
MrT2011:

Sorry for the embarrassment.
But Yoloba do likewise. grin cheesy

It's only Igbo that are untribalistic, shey kiss
dont even go there. I did my NYSC in d east. The Igbos are d most tribalistic sect of human beings I have ever seen

3 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by twizzie: 12:19pm On Aug 19, 2014
Ok, stumbled on this thread.. here's the weirdest one..

Went for an interview for a pharmaceutical abi na herbal firm...
Got into the MD's office, it was like i walked back into d 90s... Picture frames and award plaques scattered everywhere! There was barely a free space on the wall..

The man(in his 70s) then started by asking personal question like my family background, then education, etc.. After that, he asked me to come to his side and stretch my hand towards him, it was like he was reading my palms..AS he was doing that, I noticed the guy's got a gun attached to his desk...My mind, I was like what the heck am I doing here! After that, he asked me to go to the Hr department where I was told to resume next day..For my mind, I just dey imagine the unimaginable! As I was walking out, the other lady that was interviewed stopped me and asked me how the interview went..Apparently, she had the same experience but she was not told to come back..She was feeling bad about it.. I told her she could take my position cos I wasn't coming back..I'm not that desperate abeg! Make Oga no go vex one day shoot my legs! Abeg, avoid stories that touch..On top sef, the salary was now 35k!! Hell no!!

6 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by KillerBeauty(f): 12:33pm On Aug 19, 2014
twizzie: Ok, stumbled on this thread.. here's the weirdest one..

Got into the MD's office, it was like i walked back into d 90s... Picture frames and award plaques scattered everywhere! There was barely a free space on the wall..

The man(in his 70s) then started by asking personal question like my family background, then education, etc.. After that, he asked me to come to his side and stretch my hand towards him, it was like he was reading my palms..AS he was doing that, I noticed the guy's got a gun attached to his desk...My mind, I was like what the heck am I doing here! After that, he asked me to go to the Hr department where I was told to resume next day..For my mind, I just dey imagine the unimaginable! As I was walking out, the other lady that was interviewed stopped me and asked me how the interview went..Apparently, she had the same experience but she was not told to come back..She was feeling bad about it.. I told her she could take my position cos I wasn't coming back..I'm not that desperate abeg! Make Oga no go vex one day shoot my legs! Abeg, avoid stories that touch..On top sef, the salary was now 35k!! Hell no!!

U too dey fear. You find work, you see
U come dey run lol
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 19, 2014
Come teach me n! D hate reach like that ni? My sweetie pororo!

Chia... I can imagine it ooo. d thing go dey comot for ur lips like so...
Creamish:

Its not late. There r french centres around... Start from d basics. All u need is the interest.

Na one hotel like that, I wan do head of customer service then. He come ask me say can I swear short skirts? And could I walk around in it without being clumsy? It was unexpected considering the fact that I was in a skirt suit. I just stood up, pulled the skirt up and did a catwalk, bend and picked up an imaginary pen with a smile to go with it.

The foolish people no give me the job ooo. The oga wey dey watch through cctv. she say I was too flirty... rubbish talk! no b hotel?

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by twizzie: 12:48pm On Aug 19, 2014
U for wait? Abeg e never reach that level...The whole ish was just sinister!!

KillerBeauty:

U too dey fear. You find work, you see
U come dey run lol
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 19, 2014
okeyjames: That was how I was with an interviewer months back, he saw my baptismal certificate and raised up bible discussions at first. He said I know you are from a christian family, I said yes. He now asked me, "Who is James?" Little did I know that he was asking me about myself I thought it was the James in the bible. I started: James is the half brother of Jesus Christ. He wrote the book of James and bla bla bla. The man just tire for me. After saying all those nonsense, he now reminded me that he was asking about my James not the one in the Bible. I was like WTF......Interview no easy o but confidence is KEY
grin grin grin..Can't stop laughing. ..can imagine the look on your face when he told u he actually meant your own James.. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by okeyjames(m): 1:34pm On Aug 19, 2014
MarvellousGod: grin grin grin..Can't stop laughing. ..can imagine the look on your face when he told u he actually meant your own James.. grin grin
Lol..that same look on one's face when he discovers that he has been saying nonsense all the while
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by funkeabosede(f): 1:50pm On Aug 19, 2014
Just got this now

VACANCY @METEORIC COMPUTERS

10, Ishaga Rd, Surulere, Lagos

A reputable ICT organization is seeking out competent individuals to fill the following vacant position;

1. COMPUTER INSTRUCTOR
(MALE/FEMALE RESIDING IN OR CLOSE TO ILASA/SURULERE/IKATE)

Qualification: Minimum of ND/NCE in any Computer related course

2. COMPUTER CONSULTANT (MALE/FEMALE)

Qualification: Minimum of ND/NCE
Must be Computer Literate
With 2-5 years working experience in a reputable firm.

Interested candidate should forward their CV to meteoricrecruitment@gmail.com
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 19, 2014
Creamish: Well...mine wasnt a weird question..more like an interview i didnt expect.

I got the job. cheesy

Abi nah. Another thing is always look for ways to improve yourself. I, for example, can touch type at a speed of 35 words per minute. Of course it's boldly written on my cv.

In short, set yourself apart somehow.

If later they need someone to go set up a new branch in a French speaking country, Creamish will readily come to mind.

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 19, 2014
smurfy:

Abi nah. Another thing is always look for ways to improve yourself. I, for example, can touch type at a speed of 35 words per minute. Of course it's boldly written on my cv.

In short, set yourself apart
bro u talk sense

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Creamish(f): 2:13pm On Aug 19, 2014
shoefreak: Come teach me n! D hate reach like that ni? My sweetie pororo!

Na one hotel like that, I wan do head of customer service then. He come ask me say can I swear short skirts? And could I walk around in it without being clumsy? It was unexpected considering the fact that I was in a skirt suit. I just stood up, pulled the skirt up and did a catwalk, bend and picked up an imaginary pen with a smile to go with it.

The foolish people no give me the job ooo. The oga wey dey watch through cctv. she say I was too flirty... rubbish talk! no b hotel?

I hate u oo...but i had to laff @ d images my imagination fed me with as i read ur experience...just imagined u playing the "Moulin Rouge" theme song in ur mind while u gave them a se.xy tease....LMFAO!! grin

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 19, 2014
Creamish:

I hate u oo...but i had to laff @ d images my imagination fed me with as i read ur experience...just imagined u playing the "Moulin Rouge" theme song in ur mind while u gave them a se.xy tease....LMFAO!! grin

Hehehehe. That kain thing no need talk na. N to let dem see am na. Why dem go talk flirty naa. Person wey dey ask about mini skirts.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Koffies(f): 2:36pm On Aug 19, 2014
okeyjames: That was how I was with an interviewer months back, he saw my baptismal certificate and raised up bible discussions at first. He said I know you are from a christian family, I said yes. He now asked me, "Who is James?" Little did I know that he was asking me about myself I thought it was the James in the bible. I started: James is the half brother of Jesus Christ. He wrote the book of James and bla bla bla. The man just tire for me. After saying all those nonsense, he now reminded me that he was asking about my James not the one in the Bible. I was like WTF......Interview no easy o but confidence is KEY

This is funniest I've read so far. I actually laughed so hard.

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by smada13(m): 2:51pm On Aug 19, 2014
polymathic: Day was fine... Aint easy at all, how's work.. U on bbm? Kindly PM me ur pin if yes

k bro
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by okeyjames(m): 3:06pm On Aug 19, 2014
Koffies:

This is funniest I've read so far. I actually laughed so hard.
Lol...I still laugh anytime I remember it
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by wordsplay(m): 3:46pm On Aug 19, 2014
chukwuma101: If you were an animal, which would you be. And I said I would be an interviewer....................................... They nearly tore my original degree certificate.
. Damn bro! This cracked me up real bad

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by adelcole(m): 4:16pm On Aug 19, 2014
Experience matters! Well If God says that is your job, you ll definitely make it.
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 19, 2014
Educative n very hilarious thread!
I just thought of this....if you happen to be an interviewer and your interviewee keeps on speaking bad english (using wrong tenses) what will you be your reaction?

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by MrT2011(m): 4:45pm On Aug 19, 2014
AgapeCharis: dont even go there. I did my NYSC in d east. The Igbos are d most tribalistic sect of human beings I have ever seen

My man,
what your seeing as tribalism in Igbo is actually the-saturated-and-about-to-burst-HATE for Igbo oozing out of your mind.
grin cheesy. lipsrsealed
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by yankeedudu01(m): 4:52pm On Aug 19, 2014
twizzie: Ok, stumbled on this thread.. here's the weirdest one..

The man(in his 70s) then started by asking personal question like my family background, then education, etc.. [b]After that, he asked me to come to his side and stretch my hand towards him, it was like he was reading my palms..[/b]AS he was doing that, I noticed the guy's got a gun attached to his desk...My mind, I was like what the heck am I doing here! After that, he asked me to go to the Hr department where I was told to resume next day..For my mind, I just dey imagine the unimaginable! As I was walking out, the other lady that was interviewed stopped me and asked me how the interview went..Apparently, she had the same experience but she was not told to come back..She was feeling bad about it.. I told her she could take my position cos I wasn't coming back..I'm not that desperate abeg! Make Oga no go vex one day shoot my legs! Abeg, avoid stories that touch..On top sef, the salary was now 35k!! Hell no!!

He was looking into your future.

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Oxone(m): 4:53pm On Aug 19, 2014
shoefreak: Come teach me n! D hate reach like that ni? My sweetie pororo!

Hehehehe grin grin grin grin

This woman na major case! grin grin grin

No need talking too much abi? u just had to show them. The mental picture though cheesy

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by wordsplay(m): 5:04pm On Aug 19, 2014
MztrChukwu:

Did you get d Job? Cos I'm abt to try that shii out too
. Abeg try am come give us da full gist abeg
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by J0nyb0y(m): 5:31pm On Aug 19, 2014
ayokunle032: :-
The second interview I went for went lik dix

Wen I got in2 d office of d HR (human resources) he asked me to av a seat, he then order for a cup of COFEE for me ,then he asked WHAT BEFOUR YOU nd I say TEE... The trick of d question is what b4r d letter U, so tank God I say T

Amazing!! @bolded
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by MoriYanu(m): 6:56pm On Aug 19, 2014
chukwuma101: If you were an animal, which would you be. And I said I would be an interviewer....................................... They nearly tore my original degree certificate.
WEYREY REY ooooO!!!!
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 19, 2014
Oxone:

Hehehehe grin grin grin grin

This woman na major case! grin grin grin

No need talking too much abi? u just had to show them. The mental picture though cheesy

Majorly majorstic na. Hehehe... @ mental picture

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 19, 2014
MrT2011:

My man,
what your seeing as tribalism in Igbo is actually the-saturated-and-about-to-burst-HATE for Igbo oozing out of your mind.
grin cheesy. lipsrsealed
nt at all!
Buh u remind me of ma nysc days

"MY MAN"→Igbo guys like to call person like dt tin eernn

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk / Sad But True Fact Most Nigerian Graduates Face Everyday(pic) / NLNG Experienced Hire Result Is Out!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.