Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,949 members, 7,828,334 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Neglect Of The Ebola Patients!!! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Neglect Of The Ebola Patients!!! (634 Views)

Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues / Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients / American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Neglect Of The Ebola Patients!!! by phantom(m): 10:07pm On Aug 16, 2014
Emeka UgwuonyeThe Due Process Advocates (DPA)

NEGLECT OF THE EBOLA PATIENTS: THE WORST THAT WE FEARED HAPPENED:

When I speak out against the Nigerian Government, many people, particularly the supporters of the government, accuse me of all manner of evil. They think they love Nigeria better than I do. But the fact is that I have been right. Nigerian Government is the worst on earth. It is made up of criminals and incompetent fools from top to bottom. I hate to have to speak of them like this. But I cannot run away from the truth.

Nigerian Government officials are the most corrupt. They are the most ignorant. They do not care about their country. They do not care about their people. Openly they speak of one Nigeria and patriotism. But behind, they work so hard to destroy the country. Even on common things like fighting Ebola, they are uselessly unable to perform the basic things. They quickly announced the allocation of 1.9 Billion Naira, which they have earmarked to embezzle. Those who would use that money to buy mansions in Europe and America already know themselves.

So, they abandoned our Ebola patients to die. They went to televisions and spoke nonsense. But in fact, they never cared about the patients. No oxygen canisters. No basic medication and equipments that WHO has recommended. Indeed, Nigerian Government isolated the Ebola patients for the purpose of finishing them up. It is mind bugging to face up to the exceptional neglect these patients have suffered. To get a better picture, consider the following statements from Mr. John Okeiyi Kalu (JOK) who stayed in touch with an Ebola patient in isolation till the last. JOK wrote:

"My basic conclusion is that Nigeria and the world failed Justina. She (Justina Ejelonu, one of the nurses) could have lived if all that was required at the quarantine place was provided. Her fiancé shares my view and sent this to me a while ago: "Am presently at the hospital to get her death certificate. Am angry n will do what Justina will do for me if its me. These pple are being brought here to die n that's all but I can't watch it.""
…………..
"I was on the phone with the fiancé who stopped over yesterday morning at the market to buy a few things Justina will need. We mapped out our plan on what to do that day, including getting a list of essential drugs from the WHO staff so we can urgently procure them and also inform the authorities that those items are not available. When he arrived at the hospital to deliver what he bought and await Yako's arrival with the new oxygen canister, he sent me this initially confusing message "my brother Obioma is gone""
……………..
"Due to the work we did quietly without rabble rousing, the nation is now focused on the state of the quarantine facility. Relatives of patints have found their voices and are protesting. The media is focusing on details like why there is no oxygen, infusion and other medical supplies there. We have given what information we have to them. As you now know, we got 3 media people to hear directly from Justina. 2 of them have published already and the 3rd one is so angry that I am "scared" of what he will publish this saturday in his feature story."

Those who defend Nigeria or Nigerian Government really has to understand that they are defending the worst regime on earth. They are defending idiots and crooks. It is not about political parties. I don't support any. I don't care who is in power. What matters is what do they do for the people of this country? How could they allow our citizens die like chicken? Even Guinea and Sierra Leone and Liberia have all done better than the big-for-nothing Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Neglect Of The Ebola Patients!!! by phantom(m): 10:10pm On Aug 16, 2014
thought i should share this article by emeka ugwuonye,the lawyer.
Re: Neglect Of The Ebola Patients!!! by Gold45(f): 12:45am On Aug 17, 2014
smh

People are so fast to go to the media and rant: "they are neglecting the ebola patients, FG is not doing its work"

You all seem to forget this disease is a serial killer! Its spread by touch and also by air (if you stay close to the patient for some time). In Guinea and Sierra Leone, the health workers and their family members are the majority of the people dying. Also understand these, no matter the amount of protective gear each doctor wears, he/she still stands a very high risk of contracting this virus and may die in a matter of days depending on his or her DNA structure (so they say).

After they lashed doctors, didnt many of them who volunteered lay down their tools? Im not a doctor but im putting myself in the shoes of those poor people who also want to live to take care of those little angels in kindergarten. No amount of money is worth anyone's life. If you feel the ebola patients are being neglected, simple! ROLL UP YOUR SLEEVES AND GO TAKE CARE OF THEM! We are all humans here, if your husband/wife were a doctor, would you let him/her leave the house talk-less of taking care of ebola patients? If those doctors were your parents would you still want them to sleep beside the patients?

Usa and APC are playing politics with this disease. Not long ago, USA declared heavy economic sanctions against Nigeria for Anti-gay law and the next thing, a sick ebola American-liberian gets on a plane and heads to Lagos to die, USA refused Nigeria the ZMAPP serum but wasted no time sending it to Liberia, Profs came up with the idea that kolanut may help ebola patients survive, USA waved it off, okay try Nano-silver, they ordered them to stop of face actions, Lagos Governor rejected the Nano-silver and is still accusing the FG of not doing anything to curb this spread of ebola. Cant you all see?? If we all dont co-operate, the FG can do nothing so its more of the fault of the leaking bucket than a faulty tap.

(1) (Reply)

«E.V.D» - Why You Shouldn't Panic! / Hidden Benefits Of S*X-(18+) / The Second Ebola Death In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.