Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,813 members, 7,827,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

The Second Ebola Death In Port Harcourt - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Second Ebola Death In Port Harcourt (633 Views)

Asthmatic Patient Escapes Death In Port-Harcourt (Photos) / Another Ebola death in Port Harcourt / Ebola Death Toll Now 518: WHO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Second Ebola Death In Port Harcourt by DSuperWoman(f): 9:21am On Sep 04, 2014
The Elderly woman who contacted the diseases while on admission in the same hospital as the late doctor (Enemoah) in Port Harcourt has died.

The deceased, an elderly woman, is the seventh Ebola fatality to be recorded in the country, and the first death in the new Port Harcourt isolation centre for Ebola. Professor Onyebuchi Chukwu, disclosed that the eighth Ebola patient successfully managed in the Lagos isolation centre was discharged Tuesday. He explained that the last case to be discharged, (the eighth case) was the first secondary contact to be diagnosed, adding that the patient is a spouse of a primary contact of the index (first) case.

The total number of EVD patients currently under treatment, according to the Minister, is two; one in the Lagos isolation ward and another one in the Port Harcourt isolation ward.

He, however, debunked rumours of EVD cases outside Lagos and Port Harcourt.
His words: “These include the three reported cases in the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, and one case in... Read full article here http://www.dsuperwoman.com/2014/09/the-second-ebola-death-in-port-harcourt.html?m=1
Re: The Second Ebola Death In Port Harcourt by Ephramed(m): 9:31am On Sep 04, 2014
GOD HELP US.
Re: The Second Ebola Death In Port Harcourt by Ephramed(m): 9:32am On Sep 04, 2014
GOD HELP US. I dey see bank staffs dey wear gloves.why them no share for their customers.

1 Like

Re: The Second Ebola Death In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 04, 2014
And Chukwu said they are trying to reopen schools earlier, under this condition!

I don't think schools should reopen earlier than October 13, unless they are able to bring this under control before then which is not likely considering the number of people still under surveillance.

God dey sha.
Re: The Second Ebola Death In Port Harcourt by DSuperWoman(f): 9:50am On Sep 04, 2014
My thoughts exactly
candy: And Chukwu said they are trying to reopen schools earlier, under this condition!

I don't think schools should reopen earlier than October 13, unless they are able to bring this under control before then which is not likely considering the number of people still under surveillance.

God dey sha.
Re: The Second Ebola Death In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 04, 2014
DSuperWoman: My thoughts exactly
I hope they will not succumb to the rants of greedy school owners! Or else, it's gloves, knee length socks, nose mask and long sleeve things for my boys.

God help us.

(1) (Reply)

10 Simple Ways To Manage Stress So It Doesn’t Make You Sick / Liberia's President Heart Breaking Letter To The World / Food Hygeine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.