Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Youths In Kaduna Dirnk Embalmment Chemical For Dead Body As Acohol. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Youths In Kaduna Dirnk Embalmment Chemical For Dead Body As Acohol. (1930 Views)

Man Selling Expired Yogurt In Kaduna Dealt With (photos) / Lacasera: Does It Contain Bleaching Chemical ? / Egg Yolk Is As Bad To The Body As Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Youths In Kaduna Dirnk Embalmment Chemical For Dead Body As Acohol. by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 21, 2008
Youths drink embalmment chemical, LG boss cries out
Written by Emeka Mamah
Tuesday, October 21, 2008

FEDERAL and Kaduna State Governments have been alerted over the alleged large scale consumption of chemicals used for embalmment of dead bodies as alcohol by youths in Kaduna State.

advertisement

The chemical which is known as Gosgolo in local parlance is said to have ruined the lives of thousands of youths, most of who have become “living corpses.”

Apart from use of other drugs, youths in the state are known to inhale adhesive used for patching vehicle tubes as well as inhaling the steam that oozes out from pit toilets especially early in the morning, to get intoxicated.

Chairperson of Sanga Local Government council in Kaduna State, Comfort Amwe, who made this known, said the use of embalmment chemical as alcohol by youths has become a source of worry because most of those who have used it have become useless for life.

Amwe spoke when a delegation of the state government visited Sanga on an enlightenment tour weekend.

The chairperson told the delegation jointly led by deputy Chairman of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in the state, Alhaji Husseini Jallo, and the Special Adviser to Governor Namadi Sambo on Media and Publicity, Alhaji Umar Sani, that apart from getting involved in accidents, those who consume the drug normally behave like drunks for life after taking it.

Amwe said that the effect of Gosgolo “is devastating as it does not only affect the victim’s brain, but the colour of the skin when consumed.”

According to her, the number of times the victims consumes the “alcohol” does not matter because the effect lasts forever once taken.

Her words; “this drug or chemical affects the lives of youths negatively.

“I can tell you that Gosgolo is dangerous. It is whitish like 0gogoro (locally brewed gin) but very dangerous.

“It is a kind of spirit that is used to preserve dead bodies. If you want to preserve dead bodies you inject it into such a dead body, you can leave it for years.

“It is used for embalmment but here, it is being sold to youths, most of who happen to be the consumers.

“Out of every 100 youths who take it, 98 can never be in their senses again and you will see that their bodies will not look natural.

“I said it is dangerous. The person (consumer), no matter how sharp he/she is; he will turn into a dummy and will always behave like a drunk, even if he does not take it again.

“Honestly, it is really affecting our area negatively because these young men and women are the leaders of tomorrow.

“A good number of our youths are into it,” she said.

Amwe who won her election under the platform of Action Congress (AC) further urged the state government to equip the state owned hospital in the area as well as post more doctors to the hospital.

According to her, the dilapidated hospital which has only one doctor to attend to numerous indigenes of the area lacks drugs and the necessary equipment to diagnose ailments even as it also lacks a functional mortuary.

“The road passing through Sanga to Nassarawa state is Trunk A, and there is a lot of road accidents due to high speed of vehicles. We have an average of two serious accidents weekly.

“But the hospital has no mortuary and dead bodies deposited in the hospital pose health hazards because they get decomposed easily.

“We need a functional mortuary in the hospitals so that victims of road accidents are kept there until their relations come for them.

“Each time there is an accident and I am around, I arrange to evacuate those injured or dead to the University of Jos Teaching Hospital but when I am not around it becomes difficult for the victims.

“This should not be allowed to continue,” she added.

In his reply the PDP Deputy Chairman, Alhaji Husseini Jallo, said the state government will construct a mortuary at the hospital.

Jallo also enumerated the various people-oriented progammes of the government and urged the people of the area to support Governor Namadi Sambo to enable him realize his laudable objectives for the state.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/oct/21/304.html
Re: Youths In Kaduna Dirnk Embalmment Chemical For Dead Body As Acohol. by OLAJUMOKE4: 4:50pm On Oct 21, 2008
malo na mumu grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Youths In Kaduna Dirnk Embalmment Chemical For Dead Body As Acohol. by ifyalways(f): 10:06pm On Oct 21, 2008
shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Youths In Kaduna Dirnk Embalmment Chemical For Dead Body As Acohol. by plappville(f): 5:39pm On Oct 27, 2008
Each time there is an accident and I am around, I arrange to evacuate those injured or dead to the University of Jos Teaching Hospital but when I am not around it becomes difficult for the victims.

“This should not be allowed to continue,” she added.

In his reply the PDP Deputy Chairman, Alhaji Husseini Jallo, said the state government will construct a mortuary at the hospital.

why don't the goverment do something to that paticular point where the accident usually take place instead of thinking of constructing a mortuary first they should put speed limit sign boards in dangerious points like this one.

malo na mumu grin grin grin grin grin

no be small!!!.
Re: Youths In Kaduna Dirnk Embalmment Chemical For Dead Body As Acohol. by juandedi: 2:08pm On Mar 05, 2009
repair the road and stop killing people

(1) (Reply)

Strictly For Cake Lovers! ;d / My First Time In An African Shop In Salford, Manchester / “No Itsekiri Party Is Complete Without Oghwo Soup”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.