Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,173 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

Why Is God’s Name Missing From Many Bibles - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is God’s Name Missing From Many Bibles (1514 Views)

Dr. John Hagee: Women Who Call God’s Name During Sex Should Be Jailed / Was Ship Load Of BIBLES Really Sunk By Abiola? / Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is God’s Name Missing From Many Bibles by THEVOICE3: 2:24am On Aug 17, 2014
Why were the Sacred Names removed from the Scriptures? - 7000 times in the Old Testament and 1000 times in the New Testament?

how important is the name "Proverbs 18:10" the name of GOD were mainly represented as LORD,Yahweh,Jehovah,ADONAI,God Almighty in the bible.

God himself has the right to change or alter the Bible. God himself gave mankind a warning - in his own Word - The Bible;to NOT add to - NOR take away from his Words. (Revelation 22:18,19)

The tetragrammaton (Greek for "word of four letters"wink is the one name that observant Jews will write down but will not pronounce, considering the word to be too holy for utterance.

According to the Bible, the name of God was used during the lifetime of Adam and Eve, but the Hebrew Bible implies that by the time Moses was born none of mankind still knew the name.

In the Book of Exodus, God commands Moses to tell the people that 'I AM' sent him, and this is revered as one of the most important names of God according to Mosaic tradition Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?”
God said to Moses, “I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent me to you.'" God also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘The Lord, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’ This is my name forever, the name you shall call me from generation to generation".
— Exodus 3:13-15.

I read this interesting article. If you feel some of your prayers aren't being answered, maybe it's because you aren't asking anyone. If you shouted in the air CAN I HAVE A BLESSING? No one would no who you were talking about. Give a name. Well, that's my take on it..

In the Bible, God says: “I am Jehovah. That is my name.” (Isaiah 42:cool Although he also has many titles, such as “God Almighty,” “Sovereign Lord,” and “Creator,” he honors his worshipers by inviting them to address him by his personal name.—Genesis 17:1; Acts 4:24; 1 Peter 4:19.
Many translations of the Bible contain God’s personal name at Exodus 6:3. That passage says: “I used to appear to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as God Almighty, but as respects my name Jehovah I did not make myself known to them.”(KJV).

my take, the real pronunciation of GOD NAME is not non but the symbol is there

The Secret Identity of Yahweh is below

1 Like

Re: Why Is God’s Name Missing From Many Bibles by nathanyl77: 10:56am On Aug 17, 2014
Original name of the father YAHWEH and son's name of YAHSHUA the MESSIAH.
Re: Why Is God’s Name Missing From Many Bibles by THEVOICE3: 6:51pm On Aug 17, 2014
nathanyl77: Original name of the father YAHWEH and son's name of YAHSHUA the MESSIAH.

the name is written as יהוה (YHWH), as biblical Hebrew was written with consonants only. The original pronunciation of YHWH was lost many centuries ago, but the available evidence indicates that it was in all likelihood Yahweh, meaning approximately "he causes to be" or "he creates"

Wiki
Re: Why Is God’s Name Missing From Many Bibles by THEVOICE3: 3:06am On Aug 19, 2014
The Bible in many places presents an explicit and clear Divine Mandate for stressing and publishing proper knowledge of His name. Here are two such instances:
Jeremiah 33:2 "YHVH Who made the earth, Who formed it and set it firm - YHVH is His Name - says this: 'Call to Me and I will answer you ...'"
Isaiah 12:4 "Give thanks to YHVH - call His Name aloud. Proclaim His deeds to the nations, declare His Name sublime. Sing of YHVH, for He has done marvelous things - let it be known to the whole world!".

So, don't shy away from Knowledge which will set you free. The Truth shall certainly set you free. Simply cling to the admonition given in:

Phil 4:8 (KJV) "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things"

source "Bible Revelations"
Re: Why Is God’s Name Missing From Many Bibles by nathanyl77: 3:29pm On Aug 20, 2014
what ever it is but scriptures says it is yahweh.i simply explain jeremiah says in 15:16."Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, ... and yahshua say his words in john 5:43 "I have come in my Father's name,so where it is in jermiyah and yahshua .it is yah in the Tetragrammaton YHWH,the first part is YH its pronunce as YAH like in halleluYAH.

In the Hebrew Bible, the name is written as יהוה (YHWH), as biblical Hebrew was written with consonants only.here not only name biblical hebrew hebrew have no consonants in moden hebrew they added vowels.Original hebrew bible is written in only consonants.

Ok finally one quation why all other names transelate original pronunce execpt our creater name not pronunced properly.why because our salvation is in that
If you have more quations cantact rabbai dayah sagar @ http://www.yahshurun.com/
Re: Why Is God’s Name Missing From Many Bibles by plaetton: 6:24pm On Aug 20, 2014
The real reason why the the name of your god is missing in the bible is because originally the hebrew texts chronicled the exploits of several canaanite gods: namely Yahweh, El, El Elyon, El Shaddai, Adonai, etc etc.

The biggest fraud of modern bible translators is the deliberate merging of all these different Canaanite deities into " Lord God" or "God Almighty" in an obvious attempt to obfuscate and conceal the fact that the biblical chroniclers were writing about different ancient deities of the Canaanite pantheon.

By merging all them and using the standard term " god almighty" or " Lord god", it becomes easier for the consumers of the Abrahamic faith to believe that there is was on one God that ancient Hebrews worshiped and chronicled.

The funny thing is that what I have written above are clearly written in the prefaces of most Bibles, but how many religious people have ever read the prefaces to the bibles that they hold, read and eagerly quote?
undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Is God’s Name Missing From Many Bibles by nathanyl77: 1:25am On Aug 22, 2014
Yahweh name missing in original texts why becoz satan wants to worship.he change all names of creater and replaced his names
Re: Why Is God’s Name Missing From Many Bibles by nathanyl77: 1:30am On Aug 22, 2014
why it is the name our father is YAHWEH and the name of our saviour is YAHSHUA .If you want to know the truth please call 91 9290013107

(1) (Reply)

Why Christians Should Celebrate Christmas.not For Athiest. / "Book Of The Law" Puzzle (Aleister Crowley) - New Solution? / [#24 Oct] Muharram 2015 Ashura Matam, Jaloos Videos Of Karbala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.