Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,247 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Was Ship Load Of BIBLES Really Sunk By Abiola? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Ship Load Of BIBLES Really Sunk By Abiola? (52488 Views)

The Truth About Ruth The 'moabite'..grab Your Bibles / The First Britsh Slave Ship To Reach The Americas Was Called The Good Jesus! / Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Ship Load Of BIBLES Really Sunk By Abiola? by godello: 9:59pm On Jun 12, 2012
Chief M.K.O Abiola,some will say is a philantropist, a politician, a business mugul etc. Who is highly celebrated due to his past antecedents. BUT, i was told by different people that this man was in a verge of islamizing Nigeria,and to buttress this fact he sunk a ship load of BIBLES making its way to Nigeria. IS THIS REALLY TRUE ?

1 Like

Re: Was Ship Load Of BIBLES Really Sunk By Abiola? by Afam4eva(m): 10:26pm On Jun 12, 2012
godello: Chief M.K.O Abiola,some will say is a philantropist, a politician, a business mugul etc. Who is highly celebrated due to his past antecedents. BUT, i was told by different people that this man was in a verge of islamizing Nigeria,and to buttress this fact he sunk a ship load of BIBLES making its way to Nigeria. IS THIS REALLY TRUE ?
I heard this too but I don't know if it's true.
Re: Was Ship Load Of BIBLES Really Sunk By Abiola? by Mrchippychappy(m): 10:45pm On Jun 12, 2012

1 Like

Re: Was Ship Load Of BIBLES Really Sunk By Abiola? by godello: 11:01pm On Jun 12, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:
[size=20pt]
YES HE DID IT

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/analysis/commentary/35405-obamas-quran-burning-apology-matters-arising-
[/size]
Lord have mercy, this man is a devil, he had very bad intentions,thank God he failed in his bid to become the president of Nigeria. I wonder why he is been celebrated.

6 Likes

Re: Was Ship Load Of BIBLES Really Sunk By Abiola? by godello: 11:03pm On Jun 12, 2012
Buhari must be a saint compared to Abiola!

4 Likes

Re: Was Ship Load Of BIBLES Really Sunk By Abiola? by Nobody: 12:06am On Jun 13, 2012
godello: Lord have mercy, this man is a devil, he had very bad intentions,thank God he failed in his bid to become the president of Nigeria. I wonder why he is been celebrated.

NO. YOU are the devil. Peddling FAKE imported myths and fairytales as truth.

WHAT WE NEED IS SOMEONE TO BURN ALL THE BIBLES AND ALL THE KORANS IN NIGERIA.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Ship Load Of BIBLES Really Sunk By Abiola? by queensmith: 12:23am On Jun 13, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:
[size=20pt]
YES HE DID IT

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/analysis/commentary/35405-obamas-quran-burning-apology-matters-arising-
[/size]

the journalists claims in the article don't really prove that it's true. I doub't he will have had the authority to sink ships since someone will have been shipping those bibles (at a very high cost) to make some sort of profit. We should at least know where the reported ships are or have heard the owner of the ships complain?

4 Likes

Re: Was Ship Load Of BIBLES Really Sunk By Abiola? by godello: 12:25am On Jun 13, 2012
ROSSIKE:

NO. YOU are the devil. Peddling FAKE imported myths and fairytales as truth.

WHAT WE NEED IS SOMEONE TO BURN ALL THE BIBLES AND ALL THE KORANS IN NIGERIA.
i can see there are forces of darkness hovering around u. Thunder fire ur mouth.

19 Likes

Re: Was Ship Load Of BIBLES Really Sunk By Abiola? by Detongue: 12:49am On Jun 13, 2012
If realy he did it, then thank God he died.

8 Likes

Re: Was Ship Load Of BIBLES Really Sunk By Abiola? by Nobody: 1:12am On Jun 13, 2012
wow, its true, Abiola sank Shipload of Bible!

1 Like

Re: Was Ship Load Of BIBLES Really Sunk By Abiola? by Nobody: 1:12am On Jun 13, 2012
x
Re: Was Ship Load Of BIBLES Really Sunk By Abiola? by Nobody: 2:40am On Jun 13, 2012
godello: i can see there are forces of darkness hovering around u. Thunder fire ur mouth.

You rejoiced in a mans misfortune and also prayed that thunder should strike another.
So who's under dark influence?

7 Likes

Re: Was Ship Load Of BIBLES Really Sunk By Abiola? by HighChief4(m): 3:20am On Jun 13, 2012
Abiola was heartless, he could do anything. Good thing he got killed

3 Likes

Re: Was Ship Load Of BIBLES Really Sunk By Abiola? by koruji(m): 4:16am On Jun 13, 2012
The same way it would be good when you get killed for not giving up on your right, right?

High_Chief: Abiola was heartless, he could do anything. Good thing he got killed

3 Likes

Re: Was Ship Load Of BIBLES Really Sunk By Abiola? by olapluto(m): 4:22am On Jun 13, 2012
I do not believe this story. It makes very little sense. Bashorun MKO needs not sink bibles to prove any point. He was never a religious fanatic, rather he was a philanthropist.
Having said that, how does sinking ship load of bible affect christianity in Nigeria? How many people read them anyway? and of those who read them, how many understand? and of those who understand, how many make use of them? Do most Nigerian christians not worship MOGs and money?

27 Likes

Re: Was Ship Load Of BIBLES Really Sunk By Abiola? by koruji(m): 4:30am On Jun 13, 2012
This thread is the handi-work of tree-biters who get stomach-ache over anything Yoruba in Nigeria.

They have to understand that the time is past when Yorubas will, in the spirit of togetherness, accept some contemptuous behavior from them. From now on we must impose our will on their primitive, tribalistic, oblongota.

ola_pluto: I do not believe this story. It makes very little sense. Bashorun MKO needs not sink bibles to prove any point. He was never a religious fanatic, rather he was a philanthropist.
Having said that, how does sinking ship load of bible affect christianity in Nigeria? How many people read them anyway? and of those who read them, how many understand? and of those who understand, how many make use of them? Do most Nigerian christians not worship MOGs and money?

6 Likes

Re: Was Ship Load Of BIBLES Really Sunk By Abiola? by naptu2: 5:14am On Jun 13, 2012
An entirely false story. Chief MKO Abiola worked hard to promote religious tolerance in Nigeria. He was proud of the fact that he was educated at a missionary school (Baptist Boys High School) and would often quote from the Bible, the Quoran and proverbs in his speeches. He donated a lot of money to churches and mosques. While in detention in Abuja, he requested for and was given a Bible, a Quoran and sheets of paper to write on.

People should remember that Chief Abiola was involved in partisan politics in the early 1980s and early 1990s. When you get involved in partisan politics in Nigeria, your opponents would spread rumours/negative stories about you in order to discredit you (the Babangida and Abacha regimes actively spread propaganda against him).

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Was Ship Load Of BIBLES Really Sunk By Abiola? by naptu2: 5:26am On Jun 13, 2012
Major Hamza Al-Mustapha had testified tha Chief Abiola requested for and was given a Koran, Bible and writing materials. Below is an excerpt from Zadok's testimony at the Oputa Panel (he explained how Abiola died).

"The Chief Security Officer Major hamza Al-Mustapha ordered me to give Chief MKO Abiola Koran and Bible for reading and I used to collect some money from the Chief Security Officer to buy some newspapers and magazines for the chief to read, and also give the chief some plain sheets for anything he might wish to write

http://www.nigeriamasterweb.com/nmwpg1abioladeath.htm

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Ship Load Of BIBLES Really Sunk By Abiola? by naptu2: 5:31am On Jun 13, 2012
Go through the wikipedia article on Chief Abiola and read how he donated towards construction of 121 mosques and churches. You'll also see a picture of Chief Abiola and the head of the Bulgarian Church. Read below.

Moshood Abiola sprang to national and international prominence as a result of his philanthropic activities. The Congressional Black Caucus of the United States of America issued the following tribute to Moshood Abiola:[6]

Because of this man, there is both cause for hope and certainty that the agony and protests of those who suffer injustice shall give way to peace and human dignity. The children of the world shall know the great work of this extraordinary leadeand his fervenmission to right wrong, to do justice, and to serve mankind. The enemies which imperil the future of generations to come: poverty, ignorance, disease, hunger, and racism have each seen effects of the valiant work of Chief Abiola. Through him and others like him, never again will freedom rest in the domain of the few. We, the members of the Congressional Black Caucus salute him this day as a hero in the global pursuit to preserve the history and the legacy of the African diaspora.

From 1972 until his death Moshood Abiola had been conferred with 197 traditional titles by 68 different communities in Nigeria, in response to the fact that his financial assistance resulted in the construction of 63 secondary schools, 121 mosques and churches, 41 libraries, 21 water projects in 24 states of Nigeria, and was grand patron to 149 societies or associations in Nigeria. In this way Abiola reached out and won admiration across the multifarious ethnic and religious divides in Nigeria. In addition to his work in Nigeria, Moshood Abiola was a dedicated supporter of the Southern African Liberation movements from the 1970s and he sponsored the campaign to win reparations for slavery and colonialism in Africa and the diaspora. Chief Abiola, personally rallied every African head of state, and every head of state in the black diaspora to ensure that Africans would speak with one voice on the issues.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Ship Load Of BIBLES Really Sunk By Abiola? by naptu2: 5:38am On Jun 13, 2012
People should remember that, and ask themselves why Chief Abiola won votes from right around the country. Christians voted for him, even though he and his running mate were muslims. He defeated Tofa in Tofa's own constituency. He won in the east, even though Chief Iwuanyanwu was campaigning against him. This was the first time the whole country supported a candidate, regardless of his ethnic or religious affiliation. This would not have happened if he was an ethnic or religious bigot.

Yet, afterwards, the military government's propaganda machine went into overdrive (remember that all the broadcast stations at that time were government owned and newspapers were regularly being shutdown).

16 Likes

Re: Was Ship Load Of BIBLES Really Sunk By Abiola? by godello: 7:03am On Jun 13, 2012
Timehin:

You rejoiced in a mans misfortune and also prayed that thunder should strike another.
So who's under dark influence?
apologies though! The guy got me angry by spilling that thrash of burning bible and koran. He dosn't know their significance.
Re: Was Ship Load Of BIBLES Really Sunk By Abiola? by godello: 7:06am On Jun 13, 2012
ola_pluto: I do not believe this story. It makes very little sense. Bashorun MKO needs not sink bibles to prove any point. He was never a religious fanatic, rather he was a philanthropist.
burn a page of koran and u wil knw what the moslim folks will do to u.
Re: Was Ship Load Of BIBLES Really Sunk By Abiola? by ebamma(m): 7:21am On Jun 13, 2012
was m k o Abiola a naval personnel,or was he in the customs or was he a pirate,if he was not any of the above,then that poster of this story should go for medical checkup.

2 Likes

Re: Was Ship Load Of BIBLES Really Sunk By Abiola? by naptu2: 7:32am On Jun 13, 2012
Part of the propaganda broadcast (and planted in newspapers).

1) Do not go out on the streets and protest. While you and your children will be arrested or killed for protesting, the politicians' (Abiola) children will be at home and they can easily flee the country while you rot in jail (this was partially successful).

2) Why should you protest against the annulment of June 12 elections? SDP elections were annulled and life continued. President Shagari was overthrown and life continued. What's so special about June 12? (This failed)

3) How can you support a man with so many wives. Christianity prescribes that you should have only one wife, while Islam prescribes 4 wives. (This was partially successful).

4) The June 12 struggle is a Yoruba struggle. How come they didn't complain in 1983 and 1992? (This was very successful. Chief Abiola won elections across the country, but he was in exile by the time the government spun this angle. Yoruba politicians fell for this trick and reacted by saying the country was not fair to yorubas and was victimising yorubas. They proclaimed that northerners wanted to rule for ever. People across the rest of the country were shocked! We stood in the sun and rain to vote for Abiola. We protested against the annulment. However, if you believe we are not being fair to you and that it's a yoruba struggle, then you can carry on the fight alone. This was how the military divided the June 12 campaigners).

5) How can you elect a muslim - muslim ticket? They will islamise Nigeria (this failed).

6) Chief Abiola is corrupt. How can you elect a corrupt man as president? (This was partially successful)

2 Likes

Re: Was Ship Load Of BIBLES Really Sunk By Abiola? by godello: 7:40am On Jun 13, 2012
ebamma: was m k o Abiola a naval personnel,or was he in the customs or was he a pirate,if he was not any of the above,then that poster of this story should go for medical checkup.
read it again, "using his influence" i guess through cash bribe.

2 Likes

Re: Was Ship Load Of BIBLES Really Sunk By Abiola? by damilola15: 9:05am On Jun 13, 2012
I've heard it a couple of times, I guess believing it is my prerogative.

There's always an iota of truth in every persisting rumors such as this one.

1 Like

Re: Was Ship Load Of BIBLES Really Sunk By Abiola? by Laryokeke: 2:41pm On Jun 13, 2012
From what i saw in that article, the story is very likely to be true but then, what does it matter?

M.K.O. Abiola was an honorable man who put food on the tables of millions and sent thousands to school and even if he burnt a billion Bibles, i'll always revere him, my being a Christian notwithstanding.

If only our present politicians will borrow a leaf from him, you would all probably be too advanced to be making storms over the burning of religious war manuals.

1 Like

Re: Was Ship Load Of BIBLES Really Sunk By Abiola? by Afam4eva(m): 2:44pm On Jun 13, 2012
Laryokeke: From what i saw in that article, the story is very likely to be true but then, what does it matter?

M.K.O. Abiola was an honorable man who put food on the tables of millions and sent thousands to school and even if he burnt a billion Bibles, i'll always revere him, my being a Christian notwithstanding.

If only our present politicians will borrow a leaf from him, you would all probably be too advanced to be making storms over the burning of religious war manuals.
Just read the bolded and tell me you've not been fvcked by the immorality in Nigeria. You mean someone throwing a ship load of bible into the ocean doesn't mean nothing to you? But people like you will always jump to call Buhari a religious extremist even though there's no proof of it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was Ship Load Of BIBLES Really Sunk By Abiola? by Kobojunkie: 3:47pm On Jun 13, 2012
Laryokeke: From what i saw in that article, the story is very likely to be true but then, what does it matter?

He never did that. In fact he did the opposite, the took away the futures of millions of Nigerians. Abiola is the reason why in the 21st century, Nigeria's IT infrastructure is still struggling to catch up with countries like india, Egypt etc.

1 Like

Re: Was Ship Load Of BIBLES Really Sunk By Abiola? by kholis(m): 3:59pm On Jun 13, 2012
So much talk about an ITT criminal.

2 Likes

Re: Was Ship Load Of BIBLES Really Sunk By Abiola? by Tahlengthz(m): 4:01pm On Jun 13, 2012
yes he did.he is G-U-I-L-T-Y as charged.............................. angryyes he did.he is G-U-I-L-T-Y as charged..............................
Re: Was Ship Load Of BIBLES Really Sunk By Abiola? by aljharem(m): 4:01pm On Jun 13, 2012
the way people believe lies is amazing. You think if Abiola actually did that the SW would vote for him not to talk of the whole country full of Christians and Muslims in a 50/50 ratio ?

Dumb poster and dumb report

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cherubim & Seraphim Pastor Arrested With Hard Drugs (Pictured With The Drugs) / Daddy Freeze Reacts As Reverend Obofour Flaunts His Exotic Cars And Mansion / Battle At Synagogue, Trustee Alleges Threat To Live, TB Joshua's Daughter Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.