Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,757 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

Quarantined Doctor's Miraculous Ebola Recovery - The Danger Of Misinformation - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Quarantined Doctor's Miraculous Ebola Recovery - The Danger Of Misinformation (1646 Views)

See Picture Of The Ebola Suspected Quarantined Nurse Who Escaped To Enugu / Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg / ‘Miraculous Birth’ Shocks Doctors In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quarantined Doctor's Miraculous Ebola Recovery - The Danger Of Misinformation by felifeli: 2:38pm On Aug 17, 2014
A thread opened yesterday said :

Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh, a Senior Consultant of First Consultant hospital, Lagos, who was infected with the deadly Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) by the Liberian- American carrier, Patrick Sawyer, has made a miracle recovery and has been discharged from the Isolation centre in Lagos.

I would rejoice with the patient if this was true because she is such a delightful woman. However here we have a case of a patient who the news says has made a recovery , but the problem is that her family don't know what the fvck everyone is talking about because their loved mother and sister is still unconscious in a coma and prayers and drugs are still being sought from all over the world to bring her back to life. I wish the press and stvpid government will one day get their sh.it together and stop nonsense announcements. Meanwhile if you have a single prayer to give to anyone today please give to Dr Ameyo Adadevoh. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Quarantined Doctor's Miraculous Ebola Recovery - The Danger Of Misinformation by delpee(f): 2:59pm On Aug 17, 2014
Was also confused yesterday till I discovered that its Dr Ada that was discharged not Dr Adadevoh. God can do all things. We keep praying for this wonderful lady.

3 Likes

Re: Quarantined Doctor's Miraculous Ebola Recovery - The Danger Of Misinformation by Leopantro: 3:13pm On Aug 17, 2014
could you get the family to give a press statement, even if it means contacting the doctor's association she is a member of? the lies are becoming too much.

1 Like

Re: Quarantined Doctor's Miraculous Ebola Recovery - The Danger Of Misinformation by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 17, 2014
Is it a case of deliberate misinformation or mix-up in names?

4 Likes

Re: Quarantined Doctor's Miraculous Ebola Recovery - The Danger Of Misinformation by felifeli: 3:19pm On Aug 17, 2014
Why is the foreign press not carrying the news ? (BBC , Ajazeera , CNN..etc) Only the stvpid local newspapers and Sahara. This should be enough pointer to what is true and what is not true. Or do you think they are just 'jealous-ing' us ?

1 Like

Re: Quarantined Doctor's Miraculous Ebola Recovery - The Danger Of Misinformation by yomi007k(m): 3:27pm On Aug 17, 2014
Walai, there is trouble in dis country. All d sectors r messed up.

1 Like

Re: Quarantined Doctor's Miraculous Ebola Recovery - The Danger Of Misinformation by Eldavido1: 3:55pm On Aug 17, 2014
felifeli: Why is the foreign press not carrying the news ? (BBC , Ajazeera , CNN..etc) Only the stvpid local newspapers and Sahara. This should be enough pointer to what is true and what is not true. Or do you think they are just 'jealous-ing' us ?

Is a case of mix up In name? cause someone was discharge from isolation yesterday as confirm by the Minister of health, though he did not specify who. Only Vanguard gave the name of the person as Dr Ameyo Adadevoh. Probably there are more than one doctors involved in the Isolation process.
Re: Quarantined Doctor's Miraculous Ebola Recovery - The Danger Of Misinformation by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 17, 2014
Information managers should confirm facts before making disclosures.

1 Like

Re: Quarantined Doctor's Miraculous Ebola Recovery - The Danger Of Misinformation by Eldavido1: 4:04pm On Aug 17, 2014
felifeli: Why is the foreign press not carrying the news ? (BBC , Ajazeera , CNN..etc) Only the stvpid local newspapers and Sahara. This should be enough pointer to what is true and what is not true. Or do you think they are just 'jealous-ing' us ?

Foreign newspapers not carrying the news is not enough excuse to discard it as baseless. Goodnews coming from Africa has never being their priority. What I think maybe happening here is a case of mix up identity, because only Vanguard gave name to the patient. The first release by Vanguard was without name but the second has a name attached. Probably the got their infor wrong. But definitely someone was discharge because I can't see what the minister of health stand to gain in lying. Nobody was expecting him to perform miracle in the first place. And mark you he said there are about five more people improving from the infection which is not strange giving that the disease only kills about 55% of does infected in the current epidemic.
Re: Quarantined Doctor's Miraculous Ebola Recovery - The Danger Of Misinformation by thewarrior72: 4:29pm On Aug 17, 2014
I will. continue to say it, people maning the affairs of this country is so incompetent & reek of incompetence undecided

1 Like

Re: Quarantined Doctor's Miraculous Ebola Recovery - The Danger Of Misinformation by Ivanspring(f): 6:26pm On Aug 17, 2014
thewarrior72: I will. continue to say it, people maning the affairs of this country is so incompetent & reek of incompetence undecided

Was it 'the people maning the affairs of this country' that gave the name of the discharged patient or Vanguard?

You better stop this unwarranted hatred before God Himself starts punishing you people.
Re: Quarantined Doctor's Miraculous Ebola Recovery - The Danger Of Misinformation by thewarrior72: 6:49pm On Aug 17, 2014
Ivanspring:

Was it 'the people maning the affairs of this country' that gave the name of the discharged patient or Vanguard?

You better stop this unwarranted hatred before God Himself starts punishing you people.
Gush....who the phuuuuck is this?

No time for irritant undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Quarantined Doctor's Miraculous Ebola Recovery - The Danger Of Misinformation by Ivanspring(f): 6:56pm On Aug 17, 2014
thewarrior72: Gush....who the phuuuuck is this?

No time for irritant undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

I didn't expect anything more than this.
Re: Quarantined Doctor's Miraculous Ebola Recovery - The Danger Of Misinformation by PrincessB1(f): 7:40pm On Aug 17, 2014
Trouble dey for Naija....May God help us
Re: Quarantined Doctor's Miraculous Ebola Recovery - The Danger Of Misinformation by felifeli: 8:25pm On Aug 17, 2014
Eldavido1:

Foreign newspapers not carrying the news is not enough excuse to discard it as baseless. Goodnews coming from Africa has never being their priority. What I think maybe happening here is a case of mix up identity, because only Vanguard gave name to the patient. The first release by Vanguard was without name but the second has a name attached. Probably the got their infor wrong. But definitely someone was discharge because I can't see what the minister of health stand to gain in lying. Nobody was expecting him to perform miracle in the first place. And mark you he said there are about five more people improving from the infection which is not strange giving that the disease only kills about 55% of does infected in the current epidemic.

This is a very worrying reply.
Re: Quarantined Doctor's Miraculous Ebola Recovery - The Danger Of Misinformation by prettyprettywow: 8:43pm On Aug 17, 2014
it's either the patient wasn't Ebola positive, or the FG isn't saying the truth. How can you discharge an ebola victim under 3 weeks after contracting the disease? Even the American Drs that received the experimental drugs over 4 weeks now are still in the hospital under investigation. And The minister of health is here telling us that a patient has been discharged and given a clean bill of health in just 2 weeks after diagnosis. I smell something fishy. Nigeria should stop playing politics with this Ebola jare

3 Likes

Re: Quarantined Doctor's Miraculous Ebola Recovery - The Danger Of Misinformation by thewarrior72: 8:50pm On Aug 17, 2014
Ivanspring:

I didn't expect anything more than this.
Nne u have gotten the attention u crave for,........ can u please sod off my mention?tongue angry
Re: Quarantined Doctor's Miraculous Ebola Recovery - The Danger Of Misinformation by Eldavido1: 9:26pm On Aug 17, 2014
Re: Quarantined Doctor's Miraculous Ebola Recovery - The Danger Of Misinformation by felifeli: 10:00am On Aug 18, 2014
Apparently these ministers and similar government functionaries have nothing to do . What has this and previous announcements achieved or what were they expected to achieve. They just confuse everybody with ambiguous utterances. If you have nothing to say just keep your mouth shut. It is people like these that Ebola should help us remove from Nigeria. sad sad sad
Re: Quarantined Doctor's Miraculous Ebola Recovery - The Danger Of Misinformation by felifeli: 10:43pm On Aug 19, 2014
??
Very sad to learn that she passed on.
RIP ma

(1) (Reply)

Find Out – What Your Eye Color Really Mean / Top 20 Health Blogs In Nigeria / Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.