Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,796 members, 7,956,042 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:14 PM

Jackie Chan Explains Why He Turned Down Expendables 2 And 3 - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Jackie Chan Explains Why He Turned Down Expendables 2 And 3 (1295 Views)

Jackie Chan Explains Why He Turned Down Expendables 2 And 3 / Expendables 2 Movie Poster! / Jackie Chan Died Of Heart Attack @ Age 56 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jackie Chan Explains Why He Turned Down Expendables 2 And 3 by Swiftboy(m): 7:56pm On Aug 17, 2014
Yeah 'The Expendables' is probably the most star-studded movie franchise in history and most people wonder why such a film will leave-out the legendary Jackie Chan?

On the list of "shoulda-been-Expendables," Jackie Chan ranks pretty highly. He's one of the more highly-decorated members of the Action Hero Hall Of Fame, and he's done movies with several of the people in The Expendables 3, including Sylvester Stallone (Burn, Hollywood Burn: An Alan Smithee Film), Arnold Schwarzenegger (Around The World In 80 Days) and Jet Li (Forbidden Kingdom). So why hasn't he got the call to show up in any of the movies in the trilogy? Perhaps the better question is, why hasn't he answered the call?
In an interview with Den Of Geek, Chan claims that while he's obviously being sought forExpendables 4, he's simply not a fan of the format of these films.

"...this morning I did hear - the office called - Sly [Stallone] wants me for Expendables 4. I said, ‘Okay.’ Because they already asked me to be in two and three, but I refused. Well, I didn’t refuse, but I said, ‘Sly, can’t we just do you and me? Not just a bunch of people and me only coming out for five minutes.’ Because then the audience is, ‘Oh!’ And then I’m gone."

Source>> http://www.cinemablend.com/m/new/Jackie-Chan-Explains-Why-He-Turned-Down-Expendables-2-3-66795.html

Re: Jackie Chan Explains Why He Turned Down Expendables 2 And 3 by rawpadgin(m): 8:53pm On Aug 17, 2014
that's my man
Re: Jackie Chan Explains Why He Turned Down Expendables 2 And 3 by seankay(m): 9:52pm On Aug 17, 2014
I love this man #nohomo#
Re: Jackie Chan Explains Why He Turned Down Expendables 2 And 3 by emma121cook: 12:06pm On Aug 19, 2014
I am big fan of Jackie Chan. I also wanna see him in The Expendables 3
Re: Jackie Chan Explains Why He Turned Down Expendables 2 And 3 by Kezifils(m): 9:20am On Aug 20, 2014
Man of the people. I hope he features in 4
Re: Jackie Chan Explains Why He Turned Down Expendables 2 And 3 by Ignatio(m): 11:35am On Aug 20, 2014
He wants a longer role than waka pass.

(1) (Reply)

Empire Season Two Episode One, After The Show:the Devils Are Here Watch Now / Six Flying Dragon Drama / Tboss And Bisola Fight Over Breakfast - Bbnaija 2017 (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.