Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,404 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

Jackie Chan Explains Why He Turned Down Expendables 2 And 3 - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Jackie Chan Explains Why He Turned Down Expendables 2 And 3 (1612 Views)

Synopsis Of The Wedding Party 2 And New Director / Gifty Apologises To Banky W & Fans. Explains Why She Doesn't Know Banky W & Falz / BREAKING NEWS!!!- Jackie Chan Passes On? (2) (3) (4)

Jackie Chan Explains Why He Turned Down Expendables 2 And 3 by iahmed(m): 6:43pm On Jul 09, 2015
On the list of "shoulda-been-Expendables,"
Jackie Chan ranks pretty highly. He's one of the
more highly-decorated members of the Action Hero Hall Of Fame, and he's done movies with several of the people in The Expendables 3, including Sylvester Stallone (Burn, Hollywood
Burn: An Alan Smithee Film), Arnold
Schwarzenegger (Around The World In 80 Days)
and Jet Li (Forbidden Kingdom). So why hasn't
he got the call to show up in any of the movies
in the trilogy? Perhaps the better question is, why hasn't he answered the call?
In an interview with Den Of Geek, Chan claims that while he's obviously being sought for
Expendables 4, he's simply not a fan of the
format of these films.

"...this morning I did hear - the
office called - Sly [Stallone] wants
me for Expendables 4. I said,
‘Okay.’ Because they already
asked me to be in two and three,
but I refused. Well, I didn’t refuse, but I said, ‘Sly, can’t we just do
you and me? Not just a bunch of
people and me only coming out for
five minutes.’ Because then the
audience is, ‘Oh!’ And then
I’m gone."

These movies so far have been overstuffed to
the point of parody. The latest film tries to find
space for two full Expendables teams, reducing
Jet Li to a tiny cameo and four spoken lines, and
he doesn't even throw any kicks. And Wesley
Snipes seems like a selling point for the new movie, but after a major break-in that frees
him, he and the rest of the Expendables are
(temporarily!) fired and replaced by the new
crew. It's gimmicky because every new actor
gets a big introductory scene, and we're
supposed to act like its an event because its a certain actor, not because it's an interesting
character or because something exciting will
happen. Stallone and Chan are reportedly good buddies,
to the point where even in the nineties he was
trying to get the star to come to America for
Demolition Man.

Chan has been reluctant, not
only because of the quality of the roles and the
inadequacy of the American stunt teams, but because it's a very big commitment for him to
leave home. He's already talked about how the
Rush Hour films were a chore and he's gone on record having difficulty with English. Chan's a
fairly reserved, personal guy, and in a foreign
land, speaking a foreign tongue, certain
personalities can feel alienated. Chan also mentions that he's been talking to
people about Shanghai Dawn, the sequel to
Shanghai Noon and Shanghai Knights – at least
that film would involve him doing some martial
arts and having a good time. From what I hear,
The Expendables sets are pretty basic, serious, low-key affairs where everyone keeps to
themselves, particularly all the supposedly
"bigger" personalities. Maybe they should just
let Chan direct an Expendables 4 with a much
smaller cast, and just please everyone?
Re: Jackie Chan Explains Why He Turned Down Expendables 2 And 3 by Precious91(m): 6:46pm On Jul 09, 2015
My model
Re: Jackie Chan Explains Why He Turned Down Expendables 2 And 3 by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 09, 2015
did he xplain dz from d dead?
Re: Jackie Chan Explains Why He Turned Down Expendables 2 And 3 by kossyablaze(m): 6:50pm On Jul 09, 2015
Source?

Re: Jackie Chan Explains Why He Turned Down Expendables 2 And 3 by GIYAZZ(m): 9:11pm On Jul 09, 2015
elijah2u:
did he xplain dz from d dead?
What do you mean? Is he dead?
Re: Jackie Chan Explains Why He Turned Down Expendables 2 And 3 by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 09, 2015
GIYAZZ:
What do you mean? Is he dead?
Re: Jackie Chan Explains Why He Turned Down Expendables 2 And 3 by GIYAZZ(m): 9:24pm On Jul 09, 2015
elijah2u:
ah bros u no no say jackie chan don die some couple of weeks ago? be informed
Shutup and go get your facts right son.

Re: Jackie Chan Explains Why He Turned Down Expendables 2 And 3 by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 09, 2015
GIYAZZ:
Shutup and go get your facts right son.
u mean its nt true or wat?
Re: Jackie Chan Explains Why He Turned Down Expendables 2 And 3 by GIYAZZ(m): 9:36pm On Jul 09, 2015
elijah2u:
u mean its nt true or wat?
It's a gigantic lie created by the thumb of a zombo wannabe blogger you encountered. Now search Jackie Chan on wikipedia and thank me later.
Re: Jackie Chan Explains Why He Turned Down Expendables 2 And 3 by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 09, 2015
GIYAZZ:
It's a gigantic lie created by the thumb of a zombo wannabe blogger you encountered. Now search Jackie Chan on wikipedia and thank me later.
has he debunked the hoax of death rumor of him? cos i rememba june 13, it was rumored dat he is dead, bt anoda rumor reaching us some days ago says he is alive. so
Re: Jackie Chan Explains Why He Turned Down Expendables 2 And 3 by GIYAZZ(m): 9:57pm On Jul 09, 2015
elijah2u:
has he debunked the hoax of death rumor of him? cos i rememba june 13, it was rumored dat he is dead, bt anoda rumor reaching us some days ago says he is alive. so
You have to stop believing everything you see in the internet. Not every rumor is true. When a news like that pops up, what you need do as a human with a brain is RESEARCH. Research before you propagate stùpidity online.

Re: Jackie Chan Explains Why He Turned Down Expendables 2 And 3 by Nobody: 7:10am On Jul 10, 2015
GIYAZZ:
You have to stop believing everything you see in the internet. Not every rumor is true. When a news like that pops up, what you need do as a human with a brain is RESEARCH. Research before you propagate stùpidity online.
you Lack Manner Of Approach. U Acted Arrogant For Correcting People, And Who Told You That I Have Not Heard He Debunked That? U Acted Stupid By Arrogating To Urself Of Correcting Me. "Propagating Stupidity" Thats Cretin Way Of Thinking . Stop Bragging Onto Ntin.
Re: Jackie Chan Explains Why He Turned Down Expendables 2 And 3 by iahmed(m): 5:50pm On Jul 10, 2015
jackie chan is working on new movies and you are claiming he is dead, pls let us be reasonable for God's sake
Re: Jackie Chan Explains Why He Turned Down Expendables 2 And 3 by ritababe(f): 8:34am On Jul 11, 2015
elijah2u:
ah bros u no no say jackie chan don die some couple of weeks ago? be informed

guy u dey craze oh, na rumours of last two month na.
Re: Jackie Chan Explains Why He Turned Down Expendables 2 And 3 by ritababe(f): 8:35am On Jul 11, 2015
abeg I need Jackie chan for expendable 4
Re: Jackie Chan Explains Why He Turned Down Expendables 2 And 3 by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 11, 2015
ritababe:

guy u dey craze oh, na rumours of last two month na.
u ar a victim of cretin
Re: Jackie Chan Explains Why He Turned Down Expendables 2 And 3 by ritababe(f): 9:34am On Jul 11, 2015
elijah2u:
u ar a victim of cretin
person no dey follow u play, mtcheww
Re: Jackie Chan Explains Why He Turned Down Expendables 2 And 3 by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 11, 2015
ritababe:

person no dey follow u play, mtcheww
me sef dey play na nitwit cunt.
Re: Jackie Chan Explains Why He Turned Down Expendables 2 And 3 by chrisgurl(f): 10:44am On Jul 11, 2015
My ish* with expendables is that they have too many popular actors in the movie.. And these actors are inividually lead role actors. They r now reduced to playin minor roles..that ruins d fun!

Bbnaija: Gifty Vs Toyin Aimakhu (alakada Reloaded) / EVICTION: Ninalowo Bolanle Booted Out Of Ccbnaija Show / Malignant (2021) Candyman (2021) Shang-chi And The Legend Of The Ten Rings (2021