Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,717 members, 7,809,713 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

Four More Ebola Patients Discharged In Nigeria - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Four More Ebola Patients Discharged In Nigeria (13656 Views)

US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged / Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues / American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Four More Ebola Patients Discharged In Nigeria by emmatony: 6:17pm On Aug 18, 2014
Good news four more ebola patients have been discharged. TVC news

4 Likes

Re: Four More Ebola Patients Discharged In Nigeria by Firefire(m): 6:20pm On Aug 18, 2014
grin

1 Like

Re: Four More Ebola Patients Discharged In Nigeria by jafsumar07: 6:22pm On Aug 18, 2014
Appealing to the mind bt wats d source of this info?
Re: Four More Ebola Patients Discharged In Nigeria by lordsilver: 6:28pm On Aug 18, 2014
Re: Four More Ebola Patients Discharged In Nigeria by Sabadon(m): 7:01pm On Aug 18, 2014
I dnt knw weda 2 celebrate or nt bt i hp dey are "ebola free"
Re: Four More Ebola Patients Discharged In Nigeria by luvinhubby(m): 7:05pm On Aug 18, 2014
Yes oooo ! Confirmed on Channels breaking news.
God is so good to Nigeria & a sign of better things ahead.
Praise the Lord....&
Click like as your Halleluyah.

77 Likes

Re: Four More Ebola Patients Discharged In Nigeria by shadowfaox(m): 7:10pm On Aug 18, 2014
Menh, we are survivors. To hell with there yeye schnapp, oh sorry zmapp.

15 Likes

Re: Four More Ebola Patients Discharged In Nigeria by shadowfaox(m): 7:13pm On Aug 18, 2014
I pray we keep hearing this sort of news.

1 Like

Re: Four More Ebola Patients Discharged In Nigeria by Eldavido1: 7:44pm On Aug 18, 2014
More of such news to come. And some people believe Nigerian doctors are quacks. We might not have the technology but the practical knowledge is still there!
Re: Four More Ebola Patients Discharged In Nigeria by luvinhubby(m): 7:45pm On Aug 18, 2014
Mods, why is such a heart warming news not on front page?
Re: Four More Ebola Patients Discharged In Nigeria by Firmjudge(m): 8:00pm On Aug 18, 2014
Eyya, Obama should hide his head in shame and swallow his schnapp we no go buy...
In the spirit of brotherhood, Please nigeria should shame the west by dishing out the drugs to Fellow affected african countries for freeeeee or @ a price less than 4dollars ASAP:.
#TEAMNaija.

11 Likes

Re: Four More Ebola Patients Discharged In Nigeria by gbadexy(m): 8:32pm On Aug 18, 2014
Its official. Nigerians will conquer the ebola virus.
I said it on the thread I opened about the first doctor that was discharged that I believe those infected in liberia and sierra-loene were those in their rural area with low standard of living and consequently low immunity.
I reiterate that nothing prevents nigeria from having mortality rate lower than 40% if seirra-leone can have 60% mortality.
I've been proven right. In fact survival rate of ebola victim in nigeria will be up to 70% with the boost in the morale of the care givers and patients. All they need is continued good nutrition and health supplements.

www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/four-recovers-ebola-discharged-hospital/#sthash.BoEeRAhi.dpuf

2 Likes

Re: Four More Ebola Patients Discharged In Nigeria by eaglechild: 8:44pm On Aug 18, 2014
Great news!

That means our mortality rate is lower than the expected.
Re: Four More Ebola Patients Discharged In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 18, 2014
Obama go de whine and cry 4 where him de!!!!!

Hahaahha cheesy
Re: Four More Ebola Patients Discharged In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 18, 2014
Good news.

Meanwhile, I read somewhere that survivors of ebola virus disease can still transmit the virus for up to 7 weeks post recovery. I hope this was taken into consideration in the discharge of the patients.

4 Likes

Re: Four More Ebola Patients Discharged In Nigeria by Idrismusty97(m): 9:25pm On Aug 18, 2014
smiley
Re: Four More Ebola Patients Discharged In Nigeria by tabletgirl: 9:33pm On Aug 18, 2014
Sincere9gerian: Good news.

Meanwhile, I read somewhere that survivors of ebola virus disease can still transmit the virus for up to 7 weeks post recovery. I hope this was taken into consideration in the discharge of the patients.

Even after blood test results that are NEGATIVE? Negative means its " no more"

5 Likes

Re: Four More Ebola Patients Discharged In Nigeria by iyeminifie: 9:37pm On Aug 18, 2014
Since it now has a cure, Can we pls get our Hugs n Handshakes back?

9 Likes

Re: Four More Ebola Patients Discharged In Nigeria by Beync(f): 9:39pm On Aug 18, 2014
Good to hear this. Obama beefing nigerian since gay marriage.

7 Likes

Re: Four More Ebola Patients Discharged In Nigeria by EvilBrain1(m): 9:41pm On Aug 18, 2014
Sincere9gerian: Good news.

The virus continues to be shed in small quantities in tears and sémen for up to six weeks post recovery. Male patients are usually counselled to use condoms or abstain from sex for 3 months after discharge. But even at that, the risk of transmission via this route is small.

Also, people are not giving enough credit to the volunteer health workers (doctors, nurses and attendants) as well as the WHO and MSF staff who took the risk to treat these patients. Any success we've had is due to their hard work. I wish Nigerians could stop thanking gods and spirits and instead give credit to the people who deserve it.

9 Likes

Re: Four More Ebola Patients Discharged In Nigeria by gebest: 9:45pm On Aug 18, 2014
AMERICA TOT THEY ARE ALMIGHTY NOT KNOWING THAT IS GOD THAT MADE THEM ALMIGHTY, AND THAT GOD IS FROM NIGERIA.

5 Likes

Re: Four More Ebola Patients Discharged In Nigeria by tspun(m): 9:52pm On Aug 18, 2014
Eldavido1: More of such news to come. And some people believe Nigerian doctors are quacks. We might not have the technology but the practical knowledge is still there!
my friend which doctors? Can't u sence the hardwork of God?

3 Likes

Re: Four More Ebola Patients Discharged In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 18, 2014
Oju Ti ti Awon Americana.Shame 2 Obama

1 Like

Re: Four More Ebola Patients Discharged In Nigeria by Walphem(m): 10:12pm On Aug 18, 2014
Great news!
Re: Four More Ebola Patients Discharged In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 18, 2014
EvilBrain1:

The virus continues to be shed in small quantities in tears and sémen for up to six weeks post recovery. Male patients are usually counselled to use condoms or abstain from sex for 3 months after discharge. But even at that, the risk of transmission via this route is small.

Also, people are not giving enough credit to the volunteer health workers (doctors, nurses and attendants) as well as the WHO and MSF staff who took the risk to treat these patients. Any success we've had is due to their hard work. I wish Nigerians could stop thanking gods and spirits and instead give credit to the people who deserve it.
Ok.
Re: Four More Ebola Patients Discharged In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 18, 2014
I hope the US won't come out to say that the 4 of them never had Ebola?? undecided

Those racists are very quick to condemn whatever we say, do or act! angry

5 Likes

Re: Four More Ebola Patients Discharged In Nigeria by mrking3(m): 10:19pm On Aug 18, 2014
Don't know weather to rejoice or not! Coz the media might announce one thing now and professor Onyebuchi will say another thing! SMH!
Re: Four More Ebola Patients Discharged In Nigeria by Jhosh(m): 10:27pm On Aug 18, 2014
Ahaa...Wetin dem dey gv dem ?? oqa oo..Lord i knw dz ur work oo
.Tnk yu Lord

1 Like

Re: Four More Ebola Patients Discharged In Nigeria by impromptu: 11:51pm On Aug 18, 2014
Good news.
Re: Four More Ebola Patients Discharged In Nigeria by Donkaz(m): 11:57pm On Aug 18, 2014
More of these please!
Re: Four More Ebola Patients Discharged In Nigeria by Obinoscopy(m): 6:43am On Aug 19, 2014

(1)

FCT Discharges Nine More Coronavirus Patients / Clean The Carbon Campaign Launched In Abuja (Photos) / Czech Man Becomes The First Person In The World To Live With No Heart Or Pulse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.