Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

The Look On Your Face When You Type Lol - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Look On Your Face When You Type Lol (4665 Views)

See The Way Neymar Frowned His Face When Ronaldo Shook His Wife (pics) / Do U Really Laugh Wen U Type Lol In A Chat / What Your Face Says About Your Personality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Look On Your Face When You Type Lol by Mickey7(m): 8:04pm On Aug 18, 2014
Let's be honest!when we type "LOL" we do not truly laugh half the time.It can not just be me cry I almost always type LOL with a straight face/blank expression.Using LOL has become like a regular thing for most of us.Well here are the top three reasons I use "LOL". (1)To not make the conversation awkward. (2)Out of pity:You know those friends who you do not find funny and always try hard to be funny? Or those friends who are not funny but you appreciate their effort at trying to make you laugh and you just give them the "lol" to 'encourage' them cry (3)when I'm tired/sleepy:You know those times when you are really tired and want to sleep and that friend will just not end the conversation and you do not want to come across as rude?and you just keep 'lol'ing to every message they send? cry What is the look on your face when you type LOL

Re: The Look On Your Face When You Type Lol by Idrismusty97(m): 8:08pm On Aug 18, 2014
I know when something is funny, even without laughing/smiling i would type "Lol".
Re: The Look On Your Face When You Type Lol by Mickey7(m): 8:12pm On Aug 18, 2014
Idrismusty97: I know when something is funny, even without laughing/smiling i would type "Lol".
so you lie to your friends all the time grin you know what LOL means right?so typing LOL without even smiling makes you a liar :p
Re: The Look On Your Face When You Type Lol by diceman1: 8:13pm On Aug 18, 2014
Don't think I have ever typed the word LOL in my life ( whoops just did). Call me old fashion but I don't see the point. I also hate abbreviating. The whole world is going mad you see.

Type things out properly. It will help your English.
Re: The Look On Your Face When You Type Lol by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 18, 2014
I actually do always have a smile or a smirk in my face, whenever I type the LOL ...I rearly do laugh out load.
Re: The Look On Your Face When You Type Lol by Mickey7(m): 8:16pm On Aug 18, 2014
diceman1: Don't think I have ever typed the word LOL in my life ( whoops just did). Call me old fashion but I don't see the point. I also hate abbreviating. The whole world is going mad you see.

Type things out properly. It will help your English.
so what do you do?Type it out in full as in:Laugh Out Loud
Re: The Look On Your Face When You Type Lol by Mickey7(m): 8:17pm On Aug 18, 2014
glitest: I actually do always have a smile or a smirk in my face, whenever I type the LOL ...I rearly do laugh out load.
I guess I'd say......... good for you then
Re: The Look On Your Face When You Type Lol by diceman1: 8:32pm On Aug 18, 2014
Mickey7: so what do you do?Type it out in full as in:Laugh Out Loud

That really cracked me up

Hilarious

That got me chuckling the whole day

Can't stop laughing

Your too funny.

I feel off my seat laughing.

Depends really on how funny it was. Creativity I guess is putting your emotion in writing.

But of course it's a fast world we live in so these long "sentences" may sound absurd to most people.

2 Likes

Re: The Look On Your Face When You Type Lol by CosmicSensation: 8:51pm On Aug 18, 2014
Mickey7: Let's be honest!when we type "LOL" we do not truly laugh half the time.It can not just be me cry I almost always type LOL with a straight face/blank expression.Using LOL has become like a regular thing for most of us.Well here are the top three reasons I use "LOL". (1)To not make the conversation awkward. (2)Out of pity:You know those friends who you do not find funny and always try hard to be funny? Or those friends who are not funny but you appreciate their effort at trying to make you laugh and you just give them the "lol" to 'encourage' them cry (3)when I'm tired/sleepy:You know those times when you are really tired and want to sleep and that friend will just not end the conversation and you do not want to come across as rude?and you just keep 'lol'ing to every message they send? cry What is the look on your face when you type LOL
lol.
Re: The Look On Your Face When You Type Lol by Mickey7(m): 8:54pm On Aug 18, 2014
CosmicSensation: lol.
lol
Re: The Look On Your Face When You Type Lol by Idrismusty97(m): 9:03pm On Aug 18, 2014
Mickey7: lol
CosmicSensation: lol.
Lol
Re: The Look On Your Face When You Type Lol by Mickey7(m): 9:05pm On Aug 18, 2014
yezudo
Re: The Look On Your Face When You Type Lol by LadyRotex(f): 9:33pm On Aug 18, 2014
[quote a[b][/b]uthor=diceman1]

Hilarious

Can't stop laughing

Your too funny.

Depends really on how funny it was. Creativity I guess is putting your emotion in writing.

But of course it's a fast world we live in so these long "sentences" may sound absurd to most people.
[/quote]

U "feel" off ur seat laffing? So much 4 typing correctly. Oh n btw...lol grin
Re: The Look On Your Face When You Type Lol by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 18, 2014
I type LOL when something is moderately funny, I smile as I do it.
When something is funny enough to make me really Laugh Out Loud, I type ROTFL or LMAO. cheesy
Re: The Look On Your Face When You Type Lol by Mickey7(m): 9:36pm On Aug 18, 2014
LadyRotex:

why evuls? grin you know he meant "fell"
Re: The Look On Your Face When You Type Lol by Mickey7(m): 9:36pm On Aug 18, 2014
Swagalord18: I type LOL when something is moderately funny, I smile as I do it.
When something is funny enough to make me really Laugh Out Loud, I type ROTFL or LMAO. cheesy
who ask this one shocked tongue
Re: The Look On Your Face When You Type Lol by LadyRotex(f): 9:37pm On Aug 18, 2014
[quote a[b][/b]uthor=diceman1]

Hilarious

Can't stop laughing

Your too funny.

[/quote]

"Your" too funny, you "feel" off your seat laughing. So much 4 typing correctly. Oh n btw...LOL tongue

Re: The Look On Your Face When You Type Lol by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 18, 2014
Mickey7: who ask this one shocked tongue
"LOL"
Re: The Look On Your Face When You Type Lol by LadyRotex(f): 9:41pm On Aug 18, 2014
Mickey7: why evuls? grin you know he meant "fell"

No evil intended. I came, I saw and I said.
Re: The Look On Your Face When You Type Lol by Mickey7(m): 9:55pm On Aug 18, 2014
Is it on the front-page yet
Re: The Look On Your Face When You Type Lol by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 18, 2014
Most of the time its just a grin or faint smile .
Re: The Look On Your Face When You Type Lol by HFOG(f): 10:22pm On Aug 18, 2014
Elantracey: Must of the time its just a grin or faint smile .
Ditto
Re: The Look On Your Face When You Type Lol by diceman1: 11:05pm On Aug 18, 2014
LadyRotex:

"Your" too funny, you "feel" off your seat laughing. So much 4 typing correctly. Oh n btw...LOL tongue

Sorry. Can't remember saying I was perfect. Only said what works for me.
Re: The Look On Your Face When You Type Lol by Emmyk(m): 11:18pm On Aug 18, 2014
That moment when ur doing Skype video chat with ur friend and u type LOL, but u ain't smiling...

1 Like

Re: The Look On Your Face When You Type Lol by LadyRotex(f): 6:01am On Aug 19, 2014
diceman1:

Sorry. Can't remember saying I was perfect. Only said what works for me.

Abbreviations can make texts fun to read. They are also a way to cut down cost of texting as you could say a whole lot on just a page. However, we are careful not to apply it at work and in other formal settings. The ability to switch between settings is another way we exercise our minds, like learning a new language. So I suggest you try it. It'll loosen you up a bit and mistakes are ALWAYS overlooked.

P.s...it took me the whole night to type this, I fell asleep and had to continue this morning. Don't make me do this again...
Apology accepted.

2 Likes

Re: The Look On Your Face When You Type Lol by diceman1: 7:04am On Aug 19, 2014
LadyRotex:

Abbreviations can make texts fun to read. They are also a way to cut down cost of texting as you could say a whole lot on just a page. However, we are careful not to apply it at work and in other formal settings. The ability to switch between settings is another way we exercise our minds, like learning a new language. So I suggest you try it. It'll loosen you up a bit and mistakes are ALWAYS overlooked.

P.s...it took me the whole night to type this, I fell asleep and had to continue this morning. Don't make me do this again...
Apology accepted.

Oversabi, abi na ITK. Did I ask for your opinion. Answer OP, you no answer you are busy giving me lecture.
Re: The Look On Your Face When You Type Lol by CosmicSensation: 8:29am On Aug 19, 2014
Mickey7: Is it on the front-page yet
lol
Re: The Look On Your Face When You Type Lol by hotmolo(m): 9:45pm On Aug 19, 2014
D only time I knw dat wat I wrote is really funny is wen I get a "hahahaha" or "lwkmd" reply

(1) (Reply)

Yes, Pythons Can Swallow Adult Humans. (Graphic Pics & Videos) / List Of Girls To Get Pregnant This 2016 (photo) / Photo- I Was Forced To Have Sex With My Pastor, Church Member Speak Out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.