Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,938 members, 7,817,748 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Plight Of A Grieving Nigerian Student. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Plight Of A Grieving Nigerian Student. (658 Views)

The Plight Of A Nigerian Medical Student / The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David / The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Plight Of A Grieving Nigerian Student. by guente02(m): 3:19am On Aug 19, 2014
Hello World.
Im Guente (not real name) and a promising young Nigerian youth trying to build up a bright future for myself but is been marred by current state of the education system of our used to be accommodating country. I graduated from secondary school in 2008 and I've been struggling to gain admission into the University but for the number of times i tried i always suffered major setbacks. So in 2012 I gained admission into one of the polytechnics to study Comp. Sci. which I started and pursued with all dedication. While studying the course I bought Jamb for the fourth time and scored 225 after which i had to abandon my exams for the post utme which is to took place in far away southern Nigeria. It wasn't an easy task but since my mother always clamored for her son to be a university graduate i had to follow the last command and damn the consequences. I returned with new task of facing four carried over courses and during this time, the admission list came out for the uni I opted and my name wasn't there for the fourth time. To say my world crumbled like the current state of Gaza city after Isreal's offensive would be me joking, I've never been humiliated to such an extent added with my carry overs i had in school jeez i was mad, nobody told me to turn to God. Not like i prayed or fasted but i embraced a life close to that of His son and I was able to let go of my disappointments and see them as blessings. The exams for the carry overs came and i excelled with good grades and at the end graduated with Upper Credit. What comes to mind is to further and in no other place than a university but all my plans to secure a 200 level admission in UDUS (A federal uni in sokoto) through direct entry in the forth coming admission year has come to a screeching halt due to the fact that the last ASUU strike made the school to have batch a and b 100 level sthdents and hence no space for DE applicants.
Now whats pains me the most if not even the 5k+ which i hussled to pay but the added year i probably may just have to spend at home just because of one fvcked up system in one effed up country.
Please i would like members of this esteemed forum to advice me on what next to do. Im totally confused as i dont know whether to do a HND program or wait another year. I dont want to be caught in the dichotomy that exist between the University Honors and a Polytechnic Diploma.
Re: Plight Of A Grieving Nigerian Student. by bumdish: 5:47am On Aug 19, 2014
Would advise you do the university instead. It may mean more time and more fund but I can guarantee you'll recoup your investment in the long run. With no disrespect, HND will automatically narrow your chances. While you are waiting to do DE, write another jamb and learn a trade/skill while waiting. Good luck!
Re: Plight Of A Grieving Nigerian Student. by guente02(m): 10:29am On Aug 19, 2014
Im into desk app development with c# and vb.net still learning web development and getting paid already.
Thanks for ya input.
Please mod help me get this to fb if possible.
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News / 30 Success Quotes Of All Time / Best Way For Students To Survive While Broke In School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.