Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,132 members, 7,825,554 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Spectranet Is A Fraud - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Spectranet Is A Fraud (11723 Views)

The Fraud In Slot Limited / Is The New Glo Data Plan A Fraud? / GLO All Purpose Data Pack Is A Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spectranet Is A Fraud by 0ubenji(m): 3:45pm On May 15, 2015
this is exactly what justifies browsing tweaks...BEING CHEATED IN UR VERY OWN HOMELAND
pesty100:
Outside dis country we re oppressed, in our country we are cheat...
Re: Spectranet Is A Fraud by pesty100(m): 3:53pm On May 15, 2015
0ubenji:
this is exactly what justifies browsing tweaks...BEING CHEATED IN UR VERY OWN HOMELAND
please help me tell them before they start saying using browsing cheat is a sin
Re: Spectranet Is A Fraud by Mishaelonye(m): 12:16pm On Jun 08, 2015
Spectranet Na Scam...
Re: Spectranet Is A Fraud by DeBret(m): 7:40pm On Jun 10, 2015
ELff:
I don't know if this is d right section to post this but I'll post it anyway.
Befor I bought the spectranet mobile WiFi, I used to use etisalat, etisalat was really fast, I was frustrated by Mtn network issues that was why I switched to etisalat. I enjoyed every minute on the network. I used to buy the 8k for 6G and Wld be given a 30percent bonus on the 6G. I usually use this data bundle for almost a mth. Somtimes it runs out at either the 28th or 29th because I'm a heavy browser. So I decided to go for spectranet 20G. In less than a week, spectranet zapped almost 5G.I was shocked and thought Pple were actually tapping from my bandwidth and the reverse was d case. I use almost 8G frm etisalat conveniently for almost a mth and I use same 8g frm spectranet in 9days. It's still the same pages I normally open while using etisalat that I still open on spectranet. Why has spectranet decided to gv false gigabytes just to lure Pple to buy their service.
Pls pardon this my epistle. Pls is anyone experiencing same challenges on the netwk bcus I find it hard to bliv I Wld use 8g in 9days.
please am having 5k spectranet with me how am I going to use it..though I found the card on my way... please teach me how to use it
Re: Spectranet Is A Fraud by bigtt76(f): 6:39am On Jun 11, 2015
Been on their network more than a year now having switched from Swift networks. I must say they've been good and I've not witnessed any fraud of such.

Please check your WiFi settings. Ensure you Change your default password.

Also note that with fast Internet, every embedded video on websites visited starts playing in HD as they've been set to auto detect speed and this will consume more data.

Likewise your laptop OS begins downloading of security updates automatically which hitherto could not be downloaded using the Etisalat network due to speed (forget speed you think you were getting).

Lastly you may want to catch them red-handed by subscribing to data and not using it. You can view your usage online through their self service portal. All your connection time will be shown. If while it's off you still lose data then your account might have been tampered with or cloned.

Try visit their office shaa grin

1 Like

Re: Spectranet Is A Fraud by omodada1: 3:15pm On Sep 15, 2015
after being a victim of this scam, i am here to testify that spectranet is a big scam. with their recent promo of 30gig, i bought one of their moderm and am just a light user...i was even lik too busy to browse and just few friends (just facebook, mail, watsapp) use the said 30 gig.
just about 4 days, i tot it was d network cos it rained... latter i called d marketer only to be told i ve used 30 gig within 4 days and i shd recharge.
they ve successfully sold their stupid moderm to me but pls be ware of dis fruad as so many of my friends also complain of this...
i wish i cud report dem to an effective regulatory body but....Naija factor
its ok but its scams ur data!
Re: Spectranet Is A Fraud by donstevewrites: 4:32pm On Sep 15, 2015
this is my experience which i think requires further investigation. i have used mtn hynet, glo and now swift and in all of them i experienced this mysterious data disappearance. called customer care in all cases and i was told the usual story. so i did a little research and downloaded a software (netlimiter) there and then i saw that some apps and services do cause this mysterious data disappearance by sending data back and forth eg browser(opera and chrome) host services etc.
now why these happened mostly with these networks i cant tell. initially i theorized that this maybe triggered by there modem or router but that of glo happened with my phone as the router.
i will advice, if u wanna curtail it a bit use netlimiter or netbalancer or any other access restricting and monitoring software out there it will do u a lot of good.
Re: Spectranet Is A Fraud by emmyborn231: 1:13pm On Oct 19, 2015
spectranet are cheat , 20 gig in 1 wwek 3 days , and the first month i was given 30 gig free with constant usage , i used just 9 gig ,and the 21 gig got expired , now i sub the following month with 7 thousand naira , then 20 gig finished in a week and 3 days , if not the fact they are stealing from us , they is suppose to be a data usage bar to show the amount of data used daily , crazy people
Re: Spectranet Is A Fraud by Fashrobbin(m): 4:26pm On Oct 19, 2015
Slowpois0n:
Same here man, subscribed 20gb for 7k three weeks ago. Immediately i downloaded iPhone 5c file which is about 1.4gb and a Nexus 4 Android L ROM which is about 500mb plus the little browsing that led to the download page, everything shouldn't be more than 2gb data. Guess what I got when i checked my balance after the downloads were completed?

15gb remaining! Chai! This is robbery in day light. After this one expire, im dumping the goddamn Wifi, and porting to etisalat or mtn.
y wasting money when cast offer spretranet cheat and upgrade for 1500 monthly no data cap
Re: Spectranet Is A Fraud by warrenweste(m): 5:42pm On Oct 19, 2015
i wish i had seen these earlier angry before getting mine on saturday embarassed
Re: Spectranet Is A Fraud by warrenweste(m): 6:07pm On Oct 19, 2015
emmyborn231:
spectranet are cheat , 20 gig in 1 wwek 3 days , and the first month i was given 30 gig free with constant usage , i used just 9 gig ,and the 21 gig got expired , now i sub the following month with 7 thousand naira , then 20 gig finished in a week and 3 days , if not the fact they are stealing from us , they is suppose to be a data usage bar to show the amount of data used daily , crazy people

there is go to www.selfcare.spectranet.com.ng

or call your marketer to collect your login details insist that you want your username and password or else they will be dribbling you,or better still go to their office to get it change your password and makesure the details of the registration is in your name..i regret not sticking to my visafone or smile...i wish i had seen these thread earlier..am now monitoring my remaining 29gig angry angry like a hawk

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Is Better:gionee M5 Mini Or Tecno Camon C8 / Buy UK USED SAMSUNG & iPhones Phones Ikeja Price & Collect instant Gift. / FG Wants Telcos To Establish SIM Swap Centres In All 774 Lgas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.