Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,669 members, 7,827,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? (9531 Views)

CNN Claims Nairobi Is In Nigeria ( Pics) / Ini Edo Produces Her 1st Film / Ini Edo the Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by Orikinla(m): 9:47am On Jul 24, 2006
How many of you saw Ini Edo on the CNN?
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by FOD(m): 9:56am On Jul 24, 2006
I did.
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by michy(f): 9:58am On Jul 24, 2006
i didnt see her o shocked shocked
was she invited?
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by alheri(f): 10:30am On Jul 24, 2006
On CNN doing what?
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by ayoeze11(m): 10:34am On Jul 24, 2006
Orikinla, what was she doing. Please tell us ooooooooooo
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by option4301(m): 11:14am On Jul 24, 2006
Weti she dey find for CNN?iF IT'S TRUE,THEN TO HER CREDIT
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by maki(f): 11:17am On Jul 24, 2006
hey what was my girl doing on CNN cheesy
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by Mystique(f): 11:19am On Jul 24, 2006
shocked shocked
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by nancyekpoh(f): 11:24am On Jul 24, 2006
I did not see her. But was she doing?
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by talk2ogo(f): 11:40am On Jul 24, 2006
i saw her.she was on da eye on africa programme-nollywood.she looked very beautiful. cheesy grin cool
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by Badman888(m): 1:01pm On Jul 24, 2006
i saw her on CNN, even tough some of the comments Jeff Konainge said was kinda emarrasing to the movie industry,
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by dafman(m): 1:21pm On Jul 24, 2006
It was a special cnn programme on Africa, and they decided to talk about nollywood. It was okay, at least it was a fair report.

Jeff Koinange mentioned the low quality of the costuming, set-design and camera, the report also focused on the growing popularity of nollywood in africa and the world. Ini Edo was interviewed at the African music awards where hollywood stars like Vivica A. Fox and Louis Garsett where present.
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by alheri(f): 1:25pm On Jul 24, 2006
oh ok, so it wasnt like she was at the CNN centre?
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by soulpatrol(f): 1:27pm On Jul 24, 2006
could someone prove a link or something where we can watch and verify?
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by dafman(m): 1:29pm On Jul 24, 2006
It was a special CNN programme on Africa, and they decided to talk about nollywood. It was okay, at least it was a fair report.

Jeff Koinange mentioned the low quality of the costuming, set-design and camera, the report also focused on the growing popularity of nollywood in africa and the world. Ini  Edo was interviewed at the African music awards where hollywood stars like Vivica A. Fox and Louis Garsett where present.
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by dafman(m): 1:43pm On Jul 24, 2006
alheri:

oh ok, so it wasnt like she was at the CNN centre?

Haba! she has not reached that extent yet. Maybe 5 years time
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by ontheair: 2:57pm On Jul 24, 2006
NO BIG DEAL SEEING INI ON CNN ANYMORE IS IT? It would have been news if it was on some more credible and authentic news leaders like ABC, FOX or NBC.
ON CNN? Common anyone can get on CNN nowadays especially after they open up their bureau in LAGOS, it takes just a few bucks and bingo! you are on.
Most likely, the organisers of the event paid for it and they just crash in on that story _ killing 2 birds with one stone!
That "BUSH" isn't it anymore.
Good for her though she has been seen across africe like she could have, if she had appeared on AIT!
Realise that the CNN you watch down there in west africa is different from the one shown in some other parts of the world and GOD help her that edition will be recommended for broadcast on other CNN channels across the world.
I would rather love to see her appear on CHANNELS than that overtly government apologetic channel that crowns itself as the news leader.
Just wonder what people like WALTER CRONKITE would say when CNN comes to AMERICA to pronounce that it is the news leader!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please Guys Lets plug into the real news leader like ABC, NBC, FOXXXXXXXX or even CHANNELS and AIT!
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by juliesanto(f): 3:31pm On Jul 24, 2006
well i didn't see Ini on CNN, but i think, there is no big deal seeing the baby girl on CNN grin embarassed
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by spikedcylinder: 3:36pm On Jul 24, 2006
Oh damn!I was going to watch the programme on saturday but i forgot and this thread has reminded me of it!

ontheair,i assume you are a journalist working for a rival news company?
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by ayoeze11(m): 4:02pm On Jul 24, 2006
Okay is just a documentry, no big deal, the interview must have taken place outside the CNN Centre, Orikinla, next explian when you post a topic quo
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by hotangel2(f): 4:18pm On Jul 24, 2006
I wonder why some people are saying "good for her" when they dnt even know what she was doing on CNN. She was probably being sent to jail.

Anyways, uhmm Good for INI oo. LOL

Okay nahh seriously, i need to watch that documentary thingy.
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by Idekeson(m): 4:48pm On Jul 24, 2006
ontheair:

NO BIG DEAL SEEING INI ON CNN ANYMORE IS IT? It would have been news if it was on some more credible and authentic news leaders like ABC, FOX or NBC.
ON CNN? Common anyone can get on CNN nowadays especially after they open up their bureau in LAGOS, it takes just a few bucks and bingo! you are on.
Most likely, the organisers of the event paid for it and they just crash in on that story _ killing 2 birds with one stone!
That "BUSH" isn't it anymore.
Good for her though she has been seen across africe like she could have, if she had appeared on AIT!
Realise that the CNN you watch down there in west africa is different from the one shown in some other parts of the world and GOD help her that edition will be recommended for broadcast on other CNN channels across the world.
I would rather love to see her appear on CHANNELS than that overtly government apologetic channel that crowns itself as the news leader.
Just wonder what people like WALTER CRONKITE would say when CNN comes to AMERICA to pronounce that it is the news leader!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please Guys Lets plug into the real news leader like ABC, NBC, FOXXXXXXXX or even CHANNELS and AIT!

Are you high on something? Why all these uncalled-for rambling about CNN. Are you one of the ultra-right Fox apologists? Fair and Balanced bullshit!!!
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by dafman(m): 5:22pm On Jul 24, 2006
I'm confused too He seems to have a lot of venom for CNN.
Did they deny you a job or something
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by Amobi1(m): 5:51pm On Jul 24, 2006
U guys are stupid. bcause CNN have a branch in lagos that means its local. Fox and all this bollshit, like infotaining. that wat i can say. selfish too.
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by neelsel(f): 5:53pm On Jul 24, 2006
It was indeed an accomplishment to have someone associated with Nollywood being able to inform the world about their cause. We have a saying in the islands, "you use sprat(a very small fish) to catch whale". Ini's appearance might seem very insignificant to some but indirectly she may have opened up doors and opportunities for greater things.
Also someone mentioned the hostility of the anchorman with regards to derrogatory remarks he made. Look! forget these people always remember that Americans believe that anything that is Non-american can never be good- WRONG>
I am truly happy for Ini and Nollywood to wider extent.
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by luvu567(f): 6:21pm On Jul 24, 2006
neelsel you took the words right out of my mouth
im really happy for her and nollywood.
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by Rhodalyn(f): 6:33pm On Jul 24, 2006
it's rhodalyn's cousin
who is ini edo and what the hel is the cnn??
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 24, 2006
ini edo - nigerian actress

cnn- lol im not being rude but everyone knows that channel. cnn its a news station or whatever

i didnt see her but my dad probably did. but dont think he knows her. so he didnt tell me about it.
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by Oracle(m): 6:50pm On Jul 24, 2006
I don't get it, are you guys unhappy that she appeared in CNN or what?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1077_ini_edo3_jpg4f8eb8329af8cfee416af627cbb2bc2c
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by omogenaija(f): 7:13pm On Jul 24, 2006
when will they show it again ?
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by shockreaction(m): 7:49pm On Jul 24, 2006
Yeah, they were doing a piece on Nollywood and she was interviewed briefly. It aired on Saturday and Sunday.

In any case, yeah, they said something along the lines of a movie can be shot in a just a week - a week! - and about 200 movies are released a month. Not so surprised about the bad quality and unoriginality afterall.

Also, the yearly revenue Nollywood generates is about $200 million. Not bad, eh?
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by Orikinla(m): 9:23pm On Jul 24, 2006
Making A Difference

A small boy was running
up and down the beach,
feverishly hurling
starfish back into the
water before they died.
An old man approached
him, "Do you honestly
think your work will
make a difference?"
he asked him skeptically.
The boy looked at him
with sparkling eyes,
held up a starfish and
said, "It makes a
difference to this
one!" and threw the
starfish back into the sea.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New Comedy Series By 3 Nairalanders / Nollywood Goes Gaga, Casts Naked Actress (photo) / The Movie "300"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.