Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,940 members, 7,824,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Political Campaign Website Design Needed - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Political Campaign Website Design Needed (1694 Views)

Jimi Agbaje's Support Group Campaign Website / Campaign Website. / Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Political Campaign Website Design Needed by kajad(m): 10:34am On Jul 24, 2006
A person close to me urgently wants a web site for the above mentioned subject matter. I informed him that I have friends who can create better web pages than his present webmaster. I was thinking of Nairaland member without knowing why.

If you are the person I should be talking to please drop a line, a proposal or whatever with references to your previous work to kajadking@yahoo.com

Please note that you may have to create the whole concept that will make the site suitable for the purpose it will be used for. Any information sent to me will be acknowledged and passed on to the principle unedited; so you may wish to market yourself as appropriate.

Thank you
Re: Political Campaign Website Design Needed by my2cents(m): 6:21pm On Jul 24, 2006
kajad:

Posts like this are the reason y i joined NL. The trust you have in ur fellow mates is wat made u post this.

I look forward to seeing more of this from us all smiley

Getting back to the brass tacs, I just finished a website for someone back there , political one, that is. If interested, send an email to itoro@bellsouth.net with subject "Political website".

Thanks
Re: Political Campaign Website Design Needed by kajad(m): 9:07am On Jul 25, 2006
my2cents

check you mail pls!
Re: Political Campaign Website Design Needed by gbolio4(m): 1:24am On Jul 29, 2006
sublime yarns Mr. My2cents

I completely agree with your post on the reason why you joined nairaland as per kajad's post.

Methinks thats why a site like nairaland exists in the first placce
goodly spoken

@kajad. i just finished 1 site of exactly trhe same pupose and nature. I'll be hosting it in about 3 hrs from now.

Lets chat oon gbolio4@gmail.com
Re: Political Campaign Website Design Needed by WolGlobal: 1:26am On Jul 30, 2006
Dear Sir/Madam

This is in response to your request for building a website for a Political Campaign.  I am a nigerian and I build websites and also provide web-hosting. You can view my portfolio on my website http://www.wolglobal.com

Please provide the details of what you need so that I can provide a mini- demo of what I can build for you and also provide a quote.

I look forward to working for you.

Thanks

WolGlobal Networks Inc. - Premium web hosting and design solutions
Re: Political Campaign Website Design Needed by Afam(m): 11:06am On Jul 30, 2006
Wolglobal.com won't open and I find it difficult to believe that a web hosting provider is reliable when you find it difficult to even access the provider's website.

www.wolglobal.com has refused to open after about 4 tries and it's not a good sign at all.
Re: Political Campaign Website Design Needed by WolGlobal: 8:23pm On Jul 30, 2006
WolGlobal website opens quite well. I have already been contacted by the some of the individuals whose posts I responded too and they think the website is excellent.

Please let us act professionally and not make false allegations.  We are all in business to make progress and not to bring people down.

Web hosting - http://www.earthlinkscafe.com/
Web design - http://www.wolglobal.com/
Re: Political Campaign Website Design Needed by Afam(m): 9:45am On Jul 31, 2006
What do you mean by acting professionally? Your website refused to open on 3 or 4 occassions and I stated I can't view the site, what is wrong in that?

As I write this again, the website has refused to open and I tried opening it with IE, Firefox and Avant browsers.

Now, unless you have configured your website not to show up on any of my browsers, I see no reason why I cannot restate yet again that your website is not accessible.

Even the www.earthlinkscafe.com won't open.

My advice to you is check to confirm that your sites are accessible to the public and see if certain zones are blocked.
Re: Political Campaign Website Design Needed by kajad(m): 10:06am On Jul 31, 2006
I Thank you all for responding. I can only assure you that this job will definitely be pulled by a member of this forum. The forum has an awesome number of super webmaster and I believer they are all good enough.

@WolGlobal
I think @afam has a point. Both your sites refused to open, Consider his comment as a peer review mechanism and not criticism.
Thanks.
Re: Political Campaign Website Design Needed by Afam(m): 11:38am On Jul 31, 2006
Thanks Kajad for pointing that out.
Re: Political Campaign Website Design Needed by WolGlobal: 1:03pm On Jul 31, 2006
Afam, Kingsley:

Were are you people located and what ISP are you using? Find this very strange since the site has been running for over a year and has never had a single complaint. Even the person that made the request for a web developer for the Pat Utomi campaign was able to see it and liked it.

Please respond to my question as soon as possible. Thanks

Web hosting - http://www.earthlinkscafe.com/
Web design - http://www.wolglobal.com/
Re: Political Campaign Website Design Needed by Afam(m): 1:22pm On Jul 31, 2006
Ikeja, Lagos State, Nigeria.

Hope this helps.
Re: Political Campaign Website Design Needed by WolGlobal: 1:42pm On Jul 31, 2006
Afam, Kingsley:

could you please explicitly describe what happens when you try to access the sites. I am guessing that you are not typing in the url correctly, because my site is in public domain and I just contacted a few people in different regions of the world and they were able to get on there. Please also provide a snapshot of your browser when trying to view the site.

Please can other people try to view my site. This anomaly seems to be limited to the 2 of you and I'ld like to know if there are other people experiencing this. See the snapshot of the two pages below. Please make sure you are typing the URL correctly and that you are able to view Macromedia flash on your browsers.

Your internet connection is broadband right?

Re: Political Campaign Website Design Needed by Afam(m): 2:07pm On Jul 31, 2006
I use a regular dial up, not on broadband and won't advice you to design sites that are viewable by people with broadband because over 70% (if not more) out there don't use broadband.

The message I get each time I try to access the website is the usual

Oops, we can't open the web page you requested ,
- Error Unknown - Unknown error with URL

Please try the following:

Please make sure your computer is connected to internet.

If you have a network firewall installed, please make sure your firewall is not preventing Avant Browser from accessing Internet.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Continue your web browsing by searching the web below:

Search the Web:

Typing the domain names wrongly? I don't think so because I have not only typed them in different browsers but I have simply attempted to open them from the links on your signature.

Again, I don't have problems viewing Macromedia flash.

Enjoy!
Re: Political Campaign Website Design Needed by WolGlobal: 3:57pm On Jul 31, 2006
Afam,

The comment you made below I believe that is meant for people who have avant browsers and are trying to view my site. My website works just fine on Avant browsers see the snapshot below. My site is also indexed on google as seen below. I believe Avant browsers prevent Flash from running most of the time

"Please try the following:

Please make sure your computer is connected to internet.

If you have a network firewall installed, please make sure your firewall is not preventing Avant Browser from accessing Internet.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly."

Re: Political Campaign Website Design Needed by Afam(m): 4:07pm On Jul 31, 2006
Let us not continue the circle.

I reproduced the page not found message on avant but I did state that I tried viewing the 2 sites with about 3 browsers and at the last count I had tried to view it with

1. avant

2. Internet explorer

3. Firefox

4 Opera.

I am not saying that your website is non existent, I am only pointing out to you that for some reasons your website isn't showing up on my browsers and someone else confirmed it too.

I am an online solution provider so I am way too clear on what my browsers will allow and what they will not allow.

Take care.
Re: Political Campaign Website Design Needed by my2cents(m): 4:44pm On Jul 31, 2006
Wolglobal:

Just in case (emphasis on "just in case" grin), u may want to contact ur ISP. Could be certain IP addresses are ignored? I dunno. My point being that it could be that the very pple who can't get to your site are those you stand to make the most money from. Am just saying. U never know.

Chew on that grin
Re: Political Campaign Website Design Needed by kajad(m): 11:10am On Aug 01, 2006
Now here is the deal. For those who sent something to me I forwarded it to the client and asked him to study and get in touch directly. He does not need to revert to me to get in touch with any of you.

He has informed me that he has initiated contact with those he finds there work interesting. Please note that I have hyped you guys up a bit; it is left for you now to better sale yourselves.

I have done my own! goodluck!
Re: Political Campaign Website Design Needed by nairamar(m): 11:24am On Aug 11, 2006
@WolGlobal and Afam et al.

I remember reading somewhere that some US based web hosters block traffic from certain countries including Nigeria. I contacted Godaddy.com and the owner said the practice does exist.

As we all are aware, the hosting servers are usually outside Nigeria and if your site hoster specifically blocks Ip addresses originating from Nigeria you are best advised to host eslewhere. I use hosters with servers located in the UK on the BT or Level 3 backbone.

So when conducting website access testing for your website make sure you QA your geo-target by getting users from Lagos / Abuja and PH to logon from their location before you go live.

A final note: We need to invest in location based servers located within Nigeria.
Re: Political Campaign Website Design Needed by naomijt(f): 1:29pm On Aug 11, 2006
You can check out this site for any info you need

http://domainstandard.net
Re: Political Campaign Website Design Needed by Afam(m): 6:43pm On Aug 11, 2006
Hi Nairamar,

Thanks for your post but I have never had issues with any websites I host even though my servers are in the US.

About location based servers in Nigeria, it will be difficult to do so because everyone seems to an expert and people find it difficult to accept responsibility of their actions whether right or wrong.

Technically speaking, only the issue of bandwidth is what I see because the power issue seems not to be a major problem even with the PHCN erratic power supply as inverter/battery bank systems seems to have helped in that regard.

I can run my office for a whole week without regular electricity and generator, so once bandwidth issues are sorted out, a business process that works regardless of those participating in the project unless one chooses to go solo outlined, the rest would be easy.
Re: Political Campaign Website Design Needed by yombaloggz(m): 1:25am On Aug 13, 2006
I was able to view the http://www.wolglobal.com using internet explorer , its a smart design. I like it. cool
Re: Political Campaign Website Design Needed by my2cents(m): 2:15am On Aug 13, 2006
Wolglobal:

Your site didn't open in Firefox (FF). It says I need a plugin. Granted I know how to get a plugin, you may want to look into this as the %age of FF users is rising and you never know, perhaps your best customers could be those using FF wink

Just a thought grin
Re: Political Campaign Website Design Needed by ngmilitant: 2:25pm On Sep 23, 2007
need affordable hosting to forget to holla at ya boi,email htgunna@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Pls Does Anyone Know Any Mastercard Atm In Nigeria / Omnipotens & His Great Webmasters / Web Designers Drop Your Bbmpins Let's Rub Minds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.