Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Campaign Website. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Campaign Website. (902 Views)

Jimi Agbaje's Support Group Campaign Website / Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Website / Political Campaign Website Design Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Campaign Website. by databoy247(m): 2:04pm On Jun 16, 2012
Errmmm, can someone highlight the basic features/functionalities of a governorship camaign site? And also, whats the idle fee to charge cos i dont want to overcharge or under charge (and end up biting my fingers). Your views will be appreciated, thanks.
Re: Campaign Website. by yawatide(f): 5:54pm On Jun 16, 2012
Do what I do: I google for, and analyze at least 20 sites in the same genre. Then I note what I like and dislike about each and finally combine what I like into 1 site. In campaign matters, I would probably lean towards the US-based campaign sites. For the most part, they are all the same.

As far as fee goes, I am thinking at least 250K. This gives you enough wiggle room to negotiate downwards...to no less than 200K.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Campaign Website. by databoy247(m): 6:32pm On Jun 16, 2012
@Yawa, thanks. Will do just that.
Re: Campaign Website. by yawatide(f): 4:35am On Jun 17, 2012
Any time.

In the US, the political spending goes into the billions. This includes adverts of all kinds, websites and social network campaigning. It is about time someone in Nigeria started thinking about tapping into that genre. Do a site for one or 2 people and hopefully, over time, you develop a templated system and just plug and play from there.

Good luck!
Re: Campaign Website. by databoy247(m): 7:21am On Jun 17, 2012
maybe ishouldnt just charge for building the site alone, am gonna charge also for d e-marketing/campaign via socialmedia vis-a-vis the website. With this one can establish not just a template but a system that will be result oriented whereby other developers can emulate.
Re: Campaign Website. by yawatide(f): 12:11pm On Jun 17, 2012
That's the spirit! grin

Don't forget maintenance and to convince your clients that since it is a campaign site, it is best for it to be updated daily, as opposed to not doing anything once it launches.

Personal Story Time:
Prior to the 2011 elections, I was approached to build a site for a gubernatorial candidate in Nigeria. I sent in a bid for 300K, thinking it was too high in the first place. I was called by an insider who said when my bid was discussed, though they liked my proposal and were leaning towards me, they thought I wouldn't be the best person for the job and actually suspected my credentials. Why? Based on price - my bid was the lowest and I was advised to stay in line with the average - around 800K. So what did I do? I upped my bid to 800K grin

I didn't get the job, in part because of nepotism but my point for this post is that since the site launched (I even did the non-nigerian thing and contacted the developer, congratulated him on a wonderful job (granted it was a jomsocial template, it was a good job nonetheless. I mean, not everyone is creative enough to use a template such that they modify it and make it better) and wished him the best), up until as we speak, the site was, and has never been updated even once. Soon, web hosting will expire and the site will be gone forever. I bet you it was never discussed (I included that in my own proposal).

So again, look at adding the following services: maintenance, and social networking campaigans.

Good luck!
Re: Campaign Website. by DualCore1: 3:27pm On Jun 17, 2012
Your final cost depends on how many insiders (if any) are on your payroll. Factor those in too. Please remember to add webhosting too (VPS o!).

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Online Scams(419) Vs Online Blog/web / Profesional Web Development Training In Ikeja Lagos / Reflap, A New Video Chat Website Trying To Destroy Phone Numbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.