Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,845 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

At The Age Of 27,is It Too Early To get Married? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At The Age Of 27,is It Too Early To get Married? (3657 Views)

Is The Craving Not Too Early? / AT The Age Of 12 Her DAD Still Baths Her In The Bathroom. "Right Or Wrong? / Why Do Nigerian Married Women Discard Their Wedding Rings Too Early? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

At The Age Of 27,is It Too Early To get Married? by Fesisko(m): 7:33pm On Aug 19, 2014
Dear nairalanders, my best Friend who is 27yrs old wants to get married,but his family members keep discouraging him.they said that his too young to tie the knot,that he. should focus more on developing himself economically, than diving into marriage at this young age.my friend is on the verge of cancelling the wedding that is supposed to take place in December this year. He is confused on whether to inform his fiancee about his family stance or simply go ahead with the wedding.Is 27Yrs too young to get married? pls I need diverse responses concerning this issue.
Re: At The Age Of 27,is It Too Early To get Married? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 19, 2014
It is not too early if this is what he wants and feels is right for him.
Re: At The Age Of 27,is It Too Early To get Married? by EfemenaXY: 7:39pm On Aug 19, 2014
Fesisko: Dear nairalanders, my best Friend who 27yrs old wants to get married,but his family members keep discouraging him.they said that his too young to tie the knot,that he should focus more on developing himself economically, than diving into marriage at this young age.my friend is on the verge of cancelling the wedding that is supposed to take place in December this year. He is confused on whether to inform his fiancee about his family stance or simply go ahead with the wedding. Is 27Yrs too young to get married? pls I need diverse responses concerning this issue.

This alone shows that your friend isn't mentally mature to take on the responsibility of married life, so yes, his people do have a valid point concerning his maturity level(s).

12 Likes

Re: At The Age Of 27,is It Too Early To get Married? by rawpadgin(m): 7:39pm On Aug 19, 2014
the parents are afraid that ur friend might shift his attention to his new family.
maybe na ur friend dey sustain his parent financially

he should go ahead anyway, as long as he's capable of taking care of a family
Re: At The Age Of 27,is It Too Early To get Married? by purplesummer(f): 7:47pm On Aug 19, 2014
EfemenaXY:

This alone shows that your friend isn't mentally mature to take on the responsibility of married life, so yes, his people do have a valid point concerning his maturity level(s).
Exactly! He cannot even take a decision and stand on it.
He is still not mature for marriage if the family keeps pushing him around. Maturity has little or nothing to do with age.

1 Like

Re: At The Age Of 27,is It Too Early To get Married? by Dreyl(m): 7:48pm On Aug 19, 2014
Yes he's not matured yet
Re: At The Age Of 27,is It Too Early To get Married? by EfemenaXY: 7:50pm On Aug 19, 2014
purplesummer:
Exactly! He cannot even take a decision and stand on it.
He is still not mature for marriage if the family keeps pushing him around. Maturity has little or nothing to do with age.

Exactly my point.

He should just do as they say and focus on improving his economical status. Hopefully in a couple more years time, emotional maturity would have crept in.

1 Like

Re: At The Age Of 27,is It Too Early To get Married? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 19, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Exactly my point.

He should just do as they say and focus on improving his economical status. Hopefully in a couple more years time, emotional maturity would have crept in.
efemenaxy my love I need marriage advice. cheesy
Re: At The Age Of 27,is It Too Early To get Married? by datguru: 8:25pm On Aug 19, 2014
If I hear....... angry

Dreyl: Yes he's not matured yet
Re: At The Age Of 27,is It Too Early To get Married? by EfemenaXY: 8:27pm On Aug 19, 2014
@krall...lol!

You don start again? smiley smiley

Oya pay come first.
Re: At The Age Of 27,is It Too Early To get Married? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 19, 2014
Hmmm funny world!
@27 a man isnt ready or matured enough to tie the knot but @27 a lady is expected to have been married with kids.

6 Likes

Re: At The Age Of 27,is It Too Early To get Married? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 19, 2014
You guys are missing the point here. what has the friend achieved at that age? They want him to achieve more. does he have land in his name, a car, a good job etc? sometimes you have to think long term when getting involved in things like this and remember that when kids start coming in, it would/could be very demanding.

Does he have the financial capacity to absorb the responsibility? Marriage should be carefully planned and not one built on hormonal urges. angry

3 Likes

Re: At The Age Of 27,is It Too Early To get Married? by Fesisko(m): 9:17pm On Aug 19, 2014
2sExy1: You guys are missing the point here. what has the friend achieved at that age? They want him to achieve more. does he have land in his name, a car, a good job etc? sometimes you have to think long term when getting involved in things like this and remember that when kids start coming in, it would/could be very demanding.

Does he have the financial capacity to absorb the responsibility? Marriage should be carefully planned and not one built on hormonal urges. angry
He has a good. job,already has a piece of land and he is developing it.He feels his family have an interior motive concerning the said marriage. the money to finance the wedding is not the problem, they said he should rather invest more in other economic ventures, than this marriage of a thing.
Re: At The Age Of 27,is It Too Early To get Married? by egopersonified(f): 9:27pm On Aug 19, 2014
krall: efemenaxy my love I need marriage advice. cheesy

Are you the op's friend?#justasking
Re: At The Age Of 27,is It Too Early To get Married? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 19, 2014
Fesisko: He has a good. job,already has a piece of land and he is developing it.He feels his family have an interior motive concerning the said marriage. the money to finance the wedding is not the problem, they said he should rather invest more in other economic ventures, than this marriage of a thing.

well, let me tell you what my friend did. He built his house FIRST, completed and well tastefully furnished before considering marry the a woman that has been with him for last 7 years. They wedded this year. In fact, while the house was nearing completion, he was running marriage arrangement. After marriage, he moved into his house with his wife. Isn't that lovely?

A brother and a nairalander did same na this year him sef marry after completing his house.

If I were your friend, I would finish that house first. How long has he known the said girl? Marriage no b rush rush o. eh. undecided
Re: At The Age Of 27,is It Too Early To get Married? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 19, 2014
If he is capable,then he should go ahead and get married, does he have a good and secure job? Is he financially and mentally ready to start a family? Is he ready to start being a man,because,hmnnn,at age 27,some guys are still boys... angry
Re: At The Age Of 27,is It Too Early To get Married? by Fesisko(m): 10:10pm On Aug 19, 2014
2sExy1:

well, let me tell you what my friend did. He built his house FIRST, completed and well tastefully furnished before considering marry the a woman that has been with him for last 7 years. They wedded this year. In fact, while the house was nearing completion, he was running marriage arrangement. After marriage, he moved into his house with his wife. Isn't that lovely?

A brother and a nairalander did same na this year him sef marry after completing his house.

If I were your friend, I would finish that house first. How long has he known the said girl? Marriage no b rush rush o. eh. undecided
The said building is in near completion, I don't really want to divulge all his details here ;cos his Brothers n sisters might be reading this. but they have known each other for like six yrs when they were in school(poly),I think my friend has a low self esteem,cos what is really bothering him is his age.maybe because of the way and manner his family(especially his elder Brother who is still single) keep reminding him that He still a young" Boy" .
Re: At The Age Of 27,is It Too Early To get Married? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 19, 2014
EfemenaXY: @krall...lol!

You don start again? smiley smiley

Oya pay come first.

don't worry about payment. I just hope you are grounded in "polygamy". 2 girls are dragging me.
Re: At The Age Of 27,is It Too Early To get Married? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Aug 19, 2014
egopersonified:

Are you the op's friend?#justasking
nooooo :
Re: At The Age Of 27,is It Too Early To get Married? by EfemenaXY: 10:33pm On Aug 19, 2014
krall: don't worry about payment. I just hope you are grounded in "polygamy". 2 girls are dragging me.

Take a one-way bus, no stopping, no branching to your nearest STD clinic. angry
Re: At The Age Of 27,is It Too Early To get Married? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 19, 2014
Fesisko: The said building is in near completion, I don't really want to divulge all his details here ;cos his Brothers n sisters might be reading this. but they have known each other for like six yrs when they were in school(poly),I think my friend has a low self esteem,cos what is really bothering him is his age.maybe because of the way and manner his family(especially his elder Brother who is still single) keep reminding him that He still a young" Boy" .
lol... grin it's okay. someone is being threatened here, not your friend.

1 Like

Re: At The Age Of 27,is It Too Early To get Married? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 19, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Take a one-way bus, no stopping, no branching to your nearest STD clinic. angry
is the pretty nurse at the front desk going to be the "chosen one"? angry
Re: At The Age Of 27,is It Too Early To get Married? by EfemenaXY: 10:39pm On Aug 19, 2014
^^ Krall, abeg I nor get your power this evening.

Just marry all of 'em make we hear word.. cheesy
Re: At The Age Of 27,is It Too Early To get Married? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Aug 19, 2014
EfemenaXY: ^^ Krall, abeg I nor get your power this evening.

Just marry all of 'em make we hear word.. cheesy
yes ma. You are the first to give me go ahead.
Praise God!!!
Re: At The Age Of 27,is It Too Early To get Married? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Aug 19, 2014
Fesisko: Dear nairalanders, my best Friend who is 27yrs old wants to get married,but his family members keep discouraging him.they said that his too young to tie the knot,that he. should focus more on developing himself economically, than diving into marriage at this young age.my friend is on the verge of cancelling the wedding that is supposed to take place in December this year. He is confused on whether to inform his fiancee about his family stance or simply go ahead with the wedding.Is 27Yrs too young to get married? pls I need diverse responses concerning this issue.

If he is mentally,spiritually,financially and personally matured and ready then he can get married but if not he should get developed in these aspects befor thinking of it.successful marriage is not by age,wealth,status or experience.its takes God grace and tramendous efforts to make it work
Re: At The Age Of 27,is It Too Early To get Married? by Fesisko(m): 11:10pm On Aug 19, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Thanks. I don't know if it Will right to draw my friend's attention to this thread. what do you think?
Re: At The Age Of 27,is It Too Early To get Married? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Aug 19, 2014
yea, your friend can read the replies.. and from experience, with wat your friend has so far, hes ready for marriage. Its not until he becomes a billionaire with series of hardknocks in different relationships with different babes, before he knows hes ready. He shouldnt listen to family on this decision, why? cos family is only looking at what they tend to gain, if his wedding is cancelled? he will have more time and money to dash out to family, which is wat they are looking at...But from his own end, he starts afresh searching for a new chick. Cos definitely, his bride to be will end up so emotionally shaken and unhappy with him for life, if he breaks out from their plans in tieing the knot with her this coming december..
after going away from him to heal her wounded and broken mind and heart, he then starts searching or probably going in and out of different babes..that singular act alone can bring deep scars in his own mind, and if devil wan do him own... na babes wey go deal with am , chop him money , clean mouth, he could end up meeting... the land sef , he wont be able to complete.. but God forbid , it wont happen like that...but to be fore warned is to be fore armed.
my best relationship age range with guys are from 24, 26, 28....these range of guys, always believe and have hope in true love and are ready to settle down , without unnecessary biased mind about women. They have a fresh air of view around them, which infects any lady that ends up with them...And if they settle at that age? thats if they av a good job, with a mindset of their own, a good lady will enjoy some good long years with the guy.
But, sorry majority of guys from 30yrs till 38yrs, that are still single? mehn? it either theres something wrong with the guy's attitude or hes simply unlucky meeting the wrong babes... but majority falls in the guy's attitude, which when good or bad babe sees, she go ja!..no matter how loaded and handsome he looks.
so, op....pls pls convince your frnd to go ahead with his wedding this December... families always have their own selfish reasons..simple!

4 Likes

Re: At The Age Of 27,is It Too Early To get Married? by Fesisko(m): 11:55pm On Aug 19, 2014
Amelian: yea, your friend can read the replies.. and from experience, with wat your friend has so far, hes ready for marriage. Its not until he becomes a billionaire with series of hardknocks in different relationships with different babes, before he knows hes ready. He shouldnt listen to family on this decision, why? cos family is only looking at what they tend to gain, if his wedding is cancelled? he will have more time and money to dash out to family, which is wat they are looking at...But from his own end, he starts afresh searching for a new chick. Cos definitely, his bride to be will end up so emotionally shaken and unhappy with him for life, if he breaks out from their plans in tieing the knot with her this coming december..
after going away from him to heal her wounded and broken mind and heart, he then starts searching or probably going in and out of different babes..that singular act alone can bring deep scars in his own mind, and if devil wan do him own... na babes wey go deal with am , chop him money , clean mouth, he could end up meeting... the land sef , he wont be able to complete.. but God forbid , it wont happen like that...but to be fore warned is to be fore armed.
my best relationship age range with guys are from 24, 26, 28....these range of guys, always believe and have hope in true love and are ready to settle down , without unnecessary biased mind about women. They have a fresh air of view around them, which infects any lady that ends up with them...And if they settle at that age? thats if they av a good job, with a mindset of their own, a good lady will enjoy some good long years with the guy.
But, sorry majority of guys from 30yrs till 38yrs, that are still single? mehn? it either theres something wrong with the guy's attitude or hes simply unlucky meeting the wrong babes... but majority falls in the guy's attitude, which when good or bad babe sees, she go ja!..no matter how loaded and handsome he looks.
so, op....pls pls convince your frnd to go ahead with his wedding this December... families always have their own selfish reasons..simple!
Thanks Angel.
Re: At The Age Of 27,is It Too Early To get Married? by Nobody: 12:01am On Aug 20, 2014
you are welcome , dear smiley
Re: At The Age Of 27,is It Too Early To get Married? by Richy4(m): 2:10am On Aug 20, 2014
3cycle: Hmmm funny world!
@27 a man isnt ready or matured enough to tie the knot but @27 a lady is expected to have been married with kids.

That's not true. A 27 year old man is really matured to get married even at the age of 24. It is just the financial situation that made it in Nigeria to look like a taboo.

Here in Australia, I have seen countless couple in their 20s. And it was really going fine. So if your friend OP is financially stable, he should go for it

1 Like

Re: At The Age Of 27,is It Too Early To get Married? by Fesisko(m): 8:31am On Aug 20, 2014
Richy4:

That's not true. A 27 year old man is really matured to get married even at the age of 24. It is just the financial situation that made it in Nigeria to look like a taboo.

Here in Australia, I have seen countless couple in their 20s. And it was really going fine. So if your friend OP is financially stable, he should go for it

Thanks Man.
Re: At The Age Of 27,is It Too Early To get Married? by lovinhubby2wife(m): 9:36am On Aug 20, 2014
Age does not matter in marriage. your level of reasoning, acting and owning up to your responsibilities determines how prepared you are. I've seen some 35year olds with an IQ of a teen and some 23year olds with high intellects.
My brother age is just a number . It isn't a criterion for maturity.
From my own point of view your friend is not matured enough for marriage. if feeling confused over telling is wife to be a hard time, then, I obviously don't think he's ready for marriage.

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Is Yet To Figure Out What She Wants In Life. / Random Amazing Facts / Emotional Affair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.