Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,632 members, 7,809,370 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Africa's Growth Potential- And Its "Next 10" Biggest Cities - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Africa's Growth Potential- And Its "Next 10" Biggest Cities (18986 Views)

ABA Mega Mall, Potential Biggest Mall In Africa / Postal Codes Of Nigerian Cities / Postal Codes of Nigerian Cities? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africa's Growth Potential- And Its "Next 10" Biggest Cities by Akshow: 6:24am On Aug 20, 2014
This thread is mosdef gonna give some South East sleepless night grin

2 Likes

Re: Africa's Growth Potential- And Its "Next 10" Biggest Cities by rodeo0070(m): 6:49am On Aug 20, 2014
ba7man: That same dirty, rusty roof filled Ibadam? angry

Aba and Onitsha should be the ones on that list!!!!! angry
My friend don't talk in ignorance. Take a trip to Ibadan and see if its dirty. Like it or not or should I say believe it or not, the city is moving at a rate no other city in Nigeria is moving. Ibadan is peaceful, friendly atmosphere, one of the cheapest place (if not the cheapest) to stay in Nigeria.
One thing I've noticed so far is that most people from other regions bad mouth Ibadan but always end up staying there because of the city's good qualities which they can't resist. Brown roof or the what-have-you, Ibadan is moving...

2 Likes

Re: Africa's Growth Potential- And Its "Next 10" Biggest Cities by smallJagaban: 6:53am On Aug 20, 2014
WHERE IS ANAMBRA, ABA, IMO, ENUGU ON THE LIST?

CHINO, YOUR ANAMBRA, ENUGU (DUBAI OF AFRICA ) IS TILL UNDERRATED.

7 Likes

Re: Africa's Growth Potential- And Its "Next 10" Biggest Cities by smallJagaban: 6:56am On Aug 20, 2014
YORUBA DOESN'T NEED TO DO UPLOAD SELECTIVE PICTURES ABOUT THEIR REGION LIKE THE PEOPLE FROM South East REGION.

WESTERN REGION WILL SHOWCASE ITSELF WITHOUT SELECTIVE PICTURES

6 Likes

Re: Africa's Growth Potential- And Its "Next 10" Biggest Cities by fnep2smooth(m): 7:07am On Aug 20, 2014
this topic got me laughing.
Where is onitsha , aba , enugu or ph . Am from owerri but i believe owerri is still growing but this other places i list are far beyond those four state they mention.
Uploading some selective part of your state is not going to prove anything .
maybe this report is outdated
Re: Africa's Growth Potential- And Its "Next 10" Biggest Cities by Trailii: 7:42am On Aug 20, 2014
vicadex07: Op and the author are definitely tribalists...not one city from the south east angry
hw will any South East city be on that list when all able men and women don migrate the barren land come southwest

7 Likes

Re: Africa's Growth Potential- And Its "Next 10" Biggest Cities by Nobody: 8:09am On Aug 20, 2014
These dem0nic imperialist economists will not leave Africa alone
Re: Africa's Growth Potential- And Its "Next 10" Biggest Cities by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 20, 2014
eaglechild: Isn't this article old?

No, that one was from “economist" .

3 Likes

Re: Africa's Growth Potential- And Its "Next 10" Biggest Cities by thandii1: 8:14am On Aug 20, 2014
Akshow: This thread is mosdef gonna give some South East sleepless night grin

The pictures their cameras never capture grin grin. I just laugh at their ignorance when they spam the forum with only red roof pics, like it has any effect on the massive development going on in that city.

2 Likes

Re: Africa's Growth Potential- And Its "Next 10" Biggest Cities by HopeAtHand: 8:21am On Aug 20, 2014
smallJagaban: YORUBA DOESN'T NEED TO DO UPLOAD SELECTIVE PICTURES ABOUT THEIR REGION LIKE THE PEOPLE FROM South East REGION.

WESTERN REGION WILL SHOWCASE ITSELF WITHOUT SELECTIVE PICTURES

Ofcourse, the pictures the OP uploaded of Ibadan wasnt selective.

The Redroof pictures of Ibadan must definitely be in My dreams.
Re: Africa's Growth Potential- And Its "Next 10" Biggest Cities by oluamid(m): 8:23am On Aug 20, 2014
Rikidony: so this is the OVERHYPE KANO WITH ONE HIGH RISE BUILDING. NIGERIANS CALLING TOWNS CITIES SINCE 1960s grin grin grin grin

Except you'v been to Kano, you have no right to say it contains just one high rise building.

Kano Metropolis and Ibrahim Taiwo road springs to mind.

4 Likes

Re: Africa's Growth Potential- And Its "Next 10" Biggest Cities by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 20, 2014
These cities are still backward because of blindfolded leaders..

There is a big relationship between population, economic growth and industry..
Re: Africa's Growth Potential- And Its "Next 10" Biggest Cities by NewNigeriaMind: 8:33am On Aug 20, 2014
Economics 101

Large population+Large landmass=economic growth.

This news about Kano and Ibadan should not be surprising news to sound minds.

KPMG projected Ibadan population and spending power to match Lagos by 2010 at most.

The problem of these two cities is the leadership. if we get leadership right the cities will develop at a GP rate.

2 Likes

Re: Africa's Growth Potential- And Its "Next 10" Biggest Cities by Akshow: 8:36am On Aug 20, 2014
thandii1:

The pictures their cameras never capture grin grin. I just laugh at their ignorance when they spam the forum with only red roof pics, like it has any effect on the massive development going on in that city.
on point.
Re: Africa's Growth Potential- And Its "Next 10" Biggest Cities by Kezifils(m): 8:54am On Aug 20, 2014
Boyedex: ivory coast

The Africa u never see in the news

2 Likes

Re: Africa's Growth Potential- And Its "Next 10" Biggest Cities by Idrismusty97(m): 8:57am On Aug 20, 2014
igboboy1:

not with boko boko mentality....
If you guys keep rejecting western developments, then you might find yourself in the stone age of muhammed era Medina...
You think anybody wants to invest in an area that loves suicide bombing and is hostile to so called kaffirs?
I think you need to do something about the surging rise of ritualists and kidnappers in your area. No one want to invest in an area where he or his workers would be likely kidnapped and grind into powder. Little wonder why no single city in the south East were listed there despite your population and all your wealths.

2 Likes

Re: Africa's Growth Potential- And Its "Next 10" Biggest Cities by Frankenstein: 9:11am On Aug 20, 2014
Some Nigerians are very stupid. A certain Pricewater whatever that probably doesn't know much about the cities listed here made a vague analysis and some people be like Ibadan for life, Kano forever.

What if Nigeria's power sector remains epileptic till 2020 or the country divides. What if boko haram shuts Kano down with bomb blasts? Will our cities be among the top 10 still.

I know the conventional reply will be "it can never happen" but that's what we've been saying and things keep getting worse.

Africa is unpredictable.
Re: Africa's Growth Potential- And Its "Next 10" Biggest Cities by iconize(m): 9:17am On Aug 20, 2014
Nigerians should get educated because Y'all find it real hard to differentiate between glorified urban ghettos and cities.

What makes a city in Nigeria, population?
Re: Africa's Growth Potential- And Its "Next 10" Biggest Cities by Kennyfancy(m): 9:49am On Aug 20, 2014
dhammyg: I REP IB CITYcheesy
DESPITE THE WORK OF HATERS TO TARNISH IB.THE CITY CONTINUES TO RISE cheesy
u mean d Hausa harram
Re: Africa's Growth Potential- And Its "Next 10" Biggest Cities by barthchuks(m): 10:10am On Aug 20, 2014
uzolexis: I love Ibadan, it has so much history.......Enugu and Owerri should be in that list now angry angry
Are we talking about history here?. By mentioning Owerri, I wonder why we see physically appealling things as always effective and efficient! Pls can you Tell us any single recognized product that is coming from owerri? You should have substituted Aba And Onitsha for Owerri. Some Beautiful towns(if I may say) are like Beautiful mansions that are not well equipped... I hope you decipher this
Re: Africa's Growth Potential- And Its "Next 10" Biggest Cities by Sagamite(m): 10:12am On Aug 20, 2014
iconize: Nigerians should get educated because Y'all find it real hard to differentiate between glorified urban ghettos and cities.

You are a cretinous person!

What do you think usually makes a place a city if not population, person?

So you think this your moronic reasoning is what is termed "educated"?

A moronic piece of shyt product from a failed education system is telling others to get educated!

Cretin! grin grin grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Africa's Growth Potential- And Its "Next 10" Biggest Cities by ayobase(m): 10:39am On Aug 20, 2014
Boyedex: ibadan

pls, we need the top view of Ibadan.....the side views are okay.

mount ur helicopter pls.

thanks.
Re: Africa's Growth Potential- And Its "Next 10" Biggest Cities by ayobase(m): 10:40am On Aug 20, 2014
Sagamite:

You are a cretinous person!

What do you think usually makes a place a city if not population, person?

So you think this your moronic reasoning is what is termed "educated"?

A moronic piece of shyt product from a failed education system is telling others to get educated!

Cretin! grin grin grin grin grin

saga saga delivering since 1806

2 Likes

Re: Africa's Growth Potential- And Its "Next 10" Biggest Cities by NewNigeriaMind: 11:42am On Aug 20, 2014
Frankenstein: Some Nigerians are very stupid. [b]A certain Pricewater whatever that probably doesn't know much about the cities [/b]listed here made a vague analysis and some people be like Ibadan for life, Kano forever.

What if Nigeria's power sector remains epileptic till 2020 or the country divides. What if boko haram shuts Kano down with bomb blasts? Will our cities be among the top 10 still.

I know the conventional reply will be "it can never happen" but that's what we've been saying and things keep getting worse.

Africa is unpredictable.

At the bolded shows just how ignorant you are.....

2 Likes

Re: Africa's Growth Potential- And Its "Next 10" Biggest Cities by NewNigeriaMind: 11:45am On Aug 20, 2014
iconize: Nigerians should get educated because Y'all find it real hard to differentiate between glorified urban ghettos and cities.

Igorant mush....

What makes a city or urban centre is directly related to its population.

Population drives everything.

What factor made you think China took over the world.

large population=strong market=investors/producers=inventions=development

3 Likes

Re: Africa's Growth Potential- And Its "Next 10" Biggest Cities by kingingkinging: 1:10pm On Aug 20, 2014
It is about time I stopped arguing with the guys from the East.

If at this point in time we still have some elements who believe that for whatsoever reason they should be saying any of the Eastern cities are in the same class with Ibadan then I have to give up on them.

Why?

My reason is there is no city in the East that is one-third of Ibadan in virtually everything, so if you snap a part of Ibadan and use that to express your opinion or draw a conclusion, what of the two-third that you have not captured or that you have never seen before.

I think in mathematics there is what is called collection of like-terms.

We need to compare likes with likes.
Re: Africa's Growth Potential- And Its "Next 10" Biggest Cities by Flexysweet(m): 1:14pm On Aug 20, 2014
I do kinda believe d list duo buh Waz kano nd IB doing der? undecidedmaybe population yea! Investors cuming to those cities Nah embarassed,dey shuld 4get abt it,, !!!!investors destination shuld be calabar nd Enugu,,while I see Aba makin d list soon wink
Re: Africa's Growth Potential- And Its "Next 10" Biggest Cities by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 20, 2014
I see
no wonder they refuse 2 giv us Ebola cure coz they hve seen wat good is coming out of us.
I no call names oo.no tell Dem say u see me incase Dem catch u oo
Re: Africa's Growth Potential- And Its "Next 10" Biggest Cities by redsun(m): 2:09pm On Aug 20, 2014
Kano that has almost become Islamabad,abi na mogadishu sef?You think only the sales of quoran and hijab grows city?
Re: Africa's Growth Potential- And Its "Next 10" Biggest Cities by saviola77(m): 2:22pm On Aug 20, 2014
Rikidony: so this is the OVERHYPE KANO WITH ONE HIGH RISE BUILDING. NIGERIANS CALLING TOWNS CITIES SINCE 1960s grin grin grin grin
grin Indeed bro, that place is such a mad house. I couldn't wait to leave.
Re: Africa's Growth Potential- And Its "Next 10" Biggest Cities by Parolee: 3:33pm On Aug 20, 2014
Boyedex: kano

Smh in disbelief . . . from what I saw in the picture of Kano, that can not be a city by any stretch of imagination! No. May be some rural town.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CBN Ban On OMO Threatens N9.4 Trillion Pension Investment Returns / Allison Madueke Establishes The Union Newspaper; To Pay Reporters N250,000 / Ogbete Market: Enugu Government Unhappy With Breach In NCDC Guidelines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.