Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,408 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh Dies From Ebola Virus - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh Dies From Ebola Virus (2563 Views)

Patrick Sawyer's Widow Apologises To Adadevoh's Family / Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery / Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh Dies From Ebola Virus by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:18pm On Aug 19, 2014
Yes, unfortunately it's true. Just confirmed from a family source. Dr. Ameyo Stella Adadevoh, the Senior Consultant Physician and Endocrinologist who was one of the doctors who attended to Patrick Sawyer at First Consultant Hospital has died from the Ebola virus which she contracted from Sawyer.

Dr. Ameyo died this afternoon Tuesday August 19th at the isolation centre in Lagos where she'd been quarantined. She died a hero because she was the doctor who refused to let Patrick Sawyer, the man who brought the Ebola virus to Nigeria, leave the First Consultant Hospital in Obalende, Lagos, when he attempted to leave. She saved many lives by doing this. Her death is so heartbreaking.

She's survived by a son and her husband. May her beautiful soul rest in peace...Amen.

http://lindaikeji..co.uk/2014/08/dr-ameyo-adadevoh-dies-from-ebola-virus.html?m=1
Re: Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh Dies From Ebola Virus by eaglechild: 9:20pm On Aug 19, 2014
Really
Was she not said to be negative.

If that is the case then she didn't die of Ebola.

May she rest in peace.
Re: Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh Dies From Ebola Virus by MzJackBaueress(f): 9:22pm On Aug 19, 2014
Modified
Re: Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh Dies From Ebola Virus by shogz89: 9:23pm On Aug 19, 2014
Saw it on Stv news this evening too... But I tot they cleared this lady
Re: Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh Dies From Ebola Virus by Abatemtem(m): 9:26pm On Aug 19, 2014
May her soul rest in perfect peace
Re: Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh Dies From Ebola Virus by Dreyl(m): 9:26pm On Aug 19, 2014
R.i.p
Re: Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh Dies From Ebola Virus by romzyxy(m): 9:28pm On Aug 19, 2014
even doctors too are nt safe....talkless of we
Re: Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh Dies From Ebola Virus by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 19, 2014
May her soul rest in peace. Such a shame
Re: Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh Dies From Ebola Virus by MzJackBaueress(f): 9:32pm On Aug 19, 2014
shogz89: Saw it on Stv news this evening too... But I tot they cleared this lady
confirmed?

So sad! May she rest in perfect peace. Amen

embarassed
Re: Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh Dies From Ebola Virus by lebienconnu: 9:33pm On Aug 19, 2014
Her name will be indelibly written in the history of Nigeria. She died an hero. Rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh Dies From Ebola Virus by deeobserver209(m): 9:34pm On Aug 19, 2014
May her soul rest in peace. embarassed
Re: Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh Dies From Ebola Virus by corisande: 9:35pm On Aug 19, 2014
cry
chai!
Re: Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh Dies From Ebola Virus by opiaoku: 9:37pm On Aug 19, 2014
That's why I condemn sawyer to eternal punishment in hell
Re: Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh Dies From Ebola Virus by Codedrock(m): 9:43pm On Aug 19, 2014
Omg! Unbelievable!
Re: Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh Dies From Ebola Virus by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 19, 2014
Stopping Late Patrick to leave that Hospital was her best medical decision ever. She stood infront of him and gave her Life for hundreds. A true HERO, RIP Ma'am.

4 Likes

Re: Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh Dies From Ebola Virus by DeeMain(m): 9:44pm On Aug 19, 2014
So sad!

Was my doctor many years ago at First Consultant. Always in charge. A choleric. Very driven.

May her soul R.I.P

3 Likes

Re: Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh Dies From Ebola Virus by gebest: 9:53pm On Aug 19, 2014
Am crying
Re: Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh Dies From Ebola Virus by thaqib(m): 9:55pm On Aug 19, 2014
Feel sad, very sad!
Re: Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh Dies From Ebola Virus by doctokwus: 9:56pm On Aug 19, 2014
Swearing is bad,but mr sawyer has been nothing but utter bad news since he stepped into our shores.May he burn in d deepest recesses of hell(4gv me God).
To all d victims including dis recent dr,RIP

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh Dies From Ebola Virus by thunderrider: 9:57pm On Aug 19, 2014
Doc. you died a hero

RIP

May the Lord give her family the

Strength to carry on without her

1 Like

Re: Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh Dies From Ebola Virus by Brimmie(m): 9:59pm On Aug 19, 2014
R.I.P
Re: Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh Dies From Ebola Virus by OAM4J: 10:03pm On Aug 19, 2014
She risked her life saving many. She deserves a national award even in death.

May her sacrificial soul rest.

4 Likes

Re: Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh Dies From Ebola Virus by esere826: 10:14pm On Aug 19, 2014
May God bless the family of this woman
may she be given a posthumous national award
may her seeds forever be elevated in our country and beyond
Thanks to her enlightenment, this woman saved us

now, let me go away and weep

3 Likes

Re: Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh Dies From Ebola Virus by EnterPRO: 10:17pm On Aug 19, 2014
so sad
Re: Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh Dies From Ebola Virus by ALTRUTH(m): 10:22pm On Aug 19, 2014
May ur gentle and lovely soul rest in eternal peace. God bless u!
Re: Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh Dies From Ebola Virus by mrking3(m): 10:29pm On Aug 19, 2014
Damn!!!
Re: Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh Dies From Ebola Virus by kokoA(m): 10:36pm On Aug 19, 2014
I can't remember when last the death of someone who's not a relative of mine touched me like this. Since I saw this news on STV newsbar I've not recorvered from sadness. This woman shouldn't have died naw.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh Dies From Ebola Virus by eunisam: 10:43pm On Aug 19, 2014
rip
Re: Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh Dies From Ebola Virus by Nobody: 10:45pm On Aug 19, 2014
RIP Doc you died on the line of duty.

It shall not be well to the soul of that Mad Man Sawyer
Re: Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh Dies From Ebola Virus by vedd: 10:50pm On Aug 19, 2014
She died after the health authorities lied that she has fully recovered and even dishcharged.
This means they have broght the dirty game of politics into a serious issue as Ebola.

God knows how many lies they havn't said concerning the spread, containment, safety, treatment, victims and casualties.
Jonathan-led FG never fails to dissappoint.

My condolences to her family.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh Dies From Ebola Virus by fyneguy: 10:54pm On Aug 19, 2014
May her soul rest in peace.

Question: Was she not said to have recovered from the infection? If so, what does this portend for others who have been discharged and those around them?
Re: Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh Dies From Ebola Virus by oduastates: 11:05pm On Aug 19, 2014
Sawyer ,out of selfishness, came to share death in nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Join Doctor In The House Whatsapp Group / My Prick Swolen Up PICS / Natural Treatment For Blocked Fallopian Tube

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.