Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,562 members, 7,820,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus (60939 Views)

Patrick Sawyer's Widow Apologises To Adadevoh's Family / Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh Dies From Ebola Virus / Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 19, 2014
Dr Ameyo Stella Adadevoh of
First Consultants Hospital has
died from the Ebola Virus
Disease, which she
contracted after attending to
Patrick Sawyer, the Liberian/ American who brought the
disease into Nigeria.

Our sources say she
died this afternoon, Tuesday, 19
August, 2014, at an isolation
centre where she had been
quarantined along with other
doctors and nurses who treated Sawyer at First Consultants
Hospital, Obalende, Lagos.

Over the weekend, reports had suggested that she had survived the disease and had been
discharged from quarantine, until
the Minister of health, Professor
Onyebuchi Chukwu issued a
statement clarifying that she
was not the survivor.

Although, there was high hopes
that she would miraculously pull
through, it didn’t become a
reality.

She is survived by her son and
husband. May her soul rest in
perfect peace.

[url]ynaija.com/site/breaking-dr-ameyo-adadevoh-dies-ebola-virus-infection/[/url]

another source confirming it-
www.dailypost.ng/2014/08/19/breaking-leader-sawyers-medical-team-dr-ameyo-adadevoh-dies-ebola/

2 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by nutigal: 9:17pm On Aug 19, 2014
Please correct this headline. It is misleading. She was not discharged o...

3 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by ignis: 9:18pm On Aug 19, 2014
Rip doctor.... You died in active service to save life of humanity....
May God give your family the fortitude to bear the loss.

263 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 19, 2014
Sympathy to the bereaved family. The 9ja media has some reckless, deceitful persons whose aim is to 'relay news' however true, dumb or illogical it sounds. angry Ain't it the same doctor that they said was 'recuperating' after been discharged? undecided

18 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 19, 2014
nutigal: Please correct this headline. It is misleading. She was not discharged o...
thanks .but she was discharged!

1 Like

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by corisande: 9:20pm On Aug 19, 2014
cry
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 19, 2014
nutigal: Please correct this headline. It is misleading. She was not discharged o...
she was, i saw it on the news about 5mins ago
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by karidad(f): 9:22pm On Aug 19, 2014
How many doctors attended to this said Patrick Sawyer of a devil? Is it because he is a foreigner? because I bet an ordinary Nigerian ll nt receive dis kinda treatment frm our medical practitioners. RIP to d decreased.

86 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by 9jahubcom(m): 9:25pm On Aug 19, 2014
ooh
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 19, 2014
karidad: How many doctors attended to this said Patrick Sawyer of a devil? Is it because he is a foreigner? because I bet an ordinary Nigerian ll nt receive dis kinda treatment frm our medical practitioners. RIP to d decreased.
what a pity. She was discharged 2 days ago, when the nigerian health officials said she had recovered. But, she is now dead angry .

You see Nigeria?

16 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by sartorius(m): 9:38pm On Aug 19, 2014
rip
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Fesisko(m): 9:42pm On Aug 19, 2014
Don't even know what to say.I thought they said she was discharged hail n healthy? anyway, may your soul rest in perfect peace. May God almighty gives your family the fortitude to bear the painful loss.

7 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 19, 2014
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by inteli: 9:43pm On Aug 19, 2014
blueto: what a pity. She was discharged 2 days ago, when the nigerian health officials said she had recovered. But, she is now dead angry .

You see Nigeria?

When was this

Can you provide the source of this info?

8 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by egift(m): 9:44pm On Aug 19, 2014
May her soul rest in peace. FG should do something for the family. She died serving her country with courage.

5 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Mishydoo(m): 9:45pm On Aug 19, 2014
DISCHARGED.....does this mean the apparatus for detecting the virus is fallible? shocked....hw can u discharge someone still sick for christs sakes!

7 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by dridowu: 9:49pm On Aug 19, 2014
RIP

6 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by buJu234: 9:49pm On Aug 19, 2014
I think the liberian government should pay her family for the damages that sawyer the mad man has caused these innocent nigerian family.

60 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by superior1: 9:52pm On Aug 19, 2014
RIP
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by passionate88: 9:52pm On Aug 19, 2014
Rest in Peace... This Ebola virus makes me to remember a novel I once read by Stephen King titled "The Stand" where a similar virus wiped out 70% of the world populations.. Sometimes I'm scared while another time I just wave it away..

10 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Hardeywerlay(m): 9:53pm On Aug 19, 2014
RIP
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by priscaoge(f): 9:53pm On Aug 19, 2014
Doc may Ur soul RIP. May the souls of the departed through the mercy of God rest in peace. #Amen cry

15 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by helphelp: 9:53pm On Aug 19, 2014
May her soul rest in peace ...
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 19, 2014
Fesisko: Don't even know what to say.I thought they said she was discharged hail n healthy? anyway, may your soul rest in perfect peace. May God almighty gives your family the fortitude to bear the painful loss.
She was never discharged, Minister of Health gave wrong information.
May her gentle soul rest in peace and good God give the family the fortitude to bear the loss...

15 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Henrypraise: 9:53pm On Aug 19, 2014
Now des ar d kind of pple dat deserve national awards, not politicians.

Lemme use dis medium to also challenge all dos hungry men/ murderers parading demsefs as medical doctors, embarkin on strikes, to take example from dis Dr, life isn't always abt money n dats were Nigerians have scores it wrong, everybody is fightin for dia pocket/ money, no body is even fighting for glory talkless of fighting for humanity.

D fed govt shud tap into dis tragedy n encourage nigerians to be patriotic.

Tank u.

25 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Dopefiend(m): 9:54pm On Aug 19, 2014
RIP Doctor. May God see ur family through

4 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Rapsainot(m): 9:54pm On Aug 19, 2014
May her soul REST IN PEACE

1 Like

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by akpanikpe(m): 9:54pm On Aug 19, 2014
blueto: what a pity. She was discharged 2 days ago, when the nigerian health officials said she had recovered. But, she is now dead angry .

You see Nigeria?
Wetting do Nigeria? As if u don't knw b4. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Dee60: 9:54pm On Aug 19, 2014
What can we say now? O God have mercy.

Who gave the misleading information that she was discharged?

Who is getting so arrogant and not doing the right thing to make Nigeria get the right drug, whereas Liberia is now treating her own people with it? Did we need to beg America or simply go to the manufacturers to "invest" in the drug? America knowing about the wealth of our officials. would they give us anything free?

What is wrong with our country?

Sad loss!

9 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Joejonah(m): 9:54pm On Aug 19, 2014
all the years spent in medical school, Huuuuuuuum.
sobs...
rest in peace my gallant doctor.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

A Mad Man Attempts Withdrawing At An ATM (photo) / Hepatitis-B Kills Faster Than AIDS / My Wound Is Taking Forever To Heal (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.