Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,292 members, 7,957,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:01 PM

I Am Sick And Tired Of Hearing "Girl Child Education" - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Am Sick And Tired Of Hearing "Girl Child Education" (738 Views)

Jane Ihuoma-Ottah Expelled From RUST Over Of Hearing & Speech Problem / Student Expelled For "Speech & Hearing Challenges" Sues Rivers State University / Rivers University Expels Student For Having Speech And Hearing Challenges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Sick And Tired Of Hearing "Girl Child Education" by dickt(m): 7:27am On Aug 20, 2014
Before now, girls were hardly sent to school until the campaign for their education ensued.Now, things have changed.Everybody now sends their girls to school(WHICH IS GOOD) but then almost everyday on tv and radio stations in the south don't let my ears rest with "girl child" education campaign when infact it's high time they shut up or switched to boy child education campaign cos boys hardly attend tertiary schools these days esp in the east.Visit any tertiary sch and notice how girls grossly outnumber boys.

In my opinion, the "girl child" education campaign should be killed cos Nigerians now understand the need to educate girls and boy child education campaign be created( in case the campaigners must always campaign) since boys now prefer business to tertiary education.

What do you think?

1 Like

Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Hearing "Girl Child Education" by HarrveySpecter(m): 9:08am On Aug 20, 2014
Why do you have to come online and show your ignorance and lack of exposure? Have you been to the north? A boy who is 18+ is an adult, and has the right to make his decision.
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Hearing "Girl Child Education" by dickt(m): 10:12am On Aug 20, 2014
HarrveySpecter: Why do you have to come online and show your ignorance and lack of exposure? Have you been to the north? A boy who is 18+ is an adult, and has the right to make his decision.

Do you hav to insult to get your point across? You have just given yourself away as a crude, educated illiterate. Literate people ought to be refined, and refined people are not quick to hurl insults at others just because they voiced an opinion.
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Hearing "Girl Child Education" by QSheba: 10:32am On Aug 20, 2014
Why dont you start the campaign undecided
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Hearing "Girl Child Education" by dickt(m): 10:39am On Aug 20, 2014
HarrveySpecter: Why do you have to come online and show your ignorance and lack of exposure? Have you been to the north? A boy who is 18+ is an adult, and has the right to make his decision.

I live in the south and I hear "girl child education" on local tv and radio stations. My grouse was actually directed towards those stations because here we already know it is good to send them to sch and they are taking education seriously unlike many males who now do business at the expense of getting good education even at sec sch level.I did not mention national stations, did I? I have no beef with national stations cos they cover the north.
.Males (particularly in the east where I live) see tertiary education as a waste of time and funds? Don't you think it is not so good for the future? Yes, people above 18yrs are adults but sometimes, adults need advice in other to make sound decisions.
You are probably ignorant of the situation in the east as suggested by your comment. Am I supposed to insult you for that?, Mr I AM MORE EXPOSED.
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Hearing "Girl Child Education" by HarrveySpecter(m): 2:05pm On Aug 20, 2014
Then be specific and say "south"
BTW, that wasn't an insult, more like pointing out the obvious.
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Hearing "Girl Child Education" by dickt(m): 4:26pm On Aug 20, 2014
HarrveySpecter: Then be specific and say "south"

There are two categories of people with stinking manners: those who were trained by their parents on courtesy but were overwhelmed by peer pressure, and those whose trainings were left at the mercy of just about anybody within the society. I was wondering which category accommodates you.Now, It's evident you fall within the latter category.
Parents on Nairaland, pls train your kids well.
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Hearing "Girl Child Education" by HarrveySpecter(m): 5:05pm On Aug 20, 2014
dickt:

There are two categories of people with stinking manners: those who were trained by their parents on courtesy but were overwhelmed by peer pressure, and those whose trainings were left at the mercy of just about anybody within the society. I was wondering which category accommodates you.Now, It's evident you fall within the latter category.
Parents on Nairaland, pls train your kids well.
Respect is earned, it's not just dashed out like pure water. If you want respect, don't spew trash.
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Hearing "Girl Child Education" by dickt(m): 7:16pm On Aug 20, 2014
HarrveySpecter:
Respect is earned, it's not just dashed out like pure water. If you want respect, don't spew trash.

L.O.L.
The more you try to defend your crass behaviour as made evident by your initial comment, the more you appear uncivilized.I am beginning to imagine how crude you look and how crude you sound when you speak English .
Meanwhile, you sound pained. In case someone prevented a close female from getting a good education, accept my sympathy.
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Hearing "Girl Child Education" by dickt(m): 5:17pm On Apr 23, 2016
HarrveySpecter:

I'm not surprised that you don't know what constitutes trash
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Hearing "Girl Child Education" by babyfaceafrica: 5:35pm On Apr 23, 2016
You have a point
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Hearing "Girl Child Education" by babyfaceafrica: 5:37pm On Apr 23, 2016
HarrveySpecter:
Then be specific and say "south"
its an insult,no matter how well-intentioned...you could have still made your point without calling him ignorant and. Not exposed..just say you don't think so bla bla bla.......insults no dey tire una?

(1) (Reply)

2015 World Schools' Debate Competition To Hold In Nigeria / Study In Philippine / Train A Nigerian Child.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.