Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? (35612 Views)

Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village / Brain–brain Interface Allows Humans To Control Cockroaches With Their Minds / Cockroaches With Microphones Could Help Save Lives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by gatiano(m): 5:23pm On Sep 10, 2014
op, that is a good observation, and i nice one, but i have never gave it any thought. at your free time, follow that thesis up, it will def lead you to a conclusion. i heard cockroaches can survive a nuclear all out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwvG69ICnps
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by shinysmrt: 5:37pm On Sep 10, 2014
KillerBeauty: I really don't know why they die upside down
But I do know that whenever I see a cockroach lying straight up I pick up my slippers and I smash it to the ground.

That's all I care about

Or u pick up ur slippers and run grin
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by shinysmrt: 5:40pm On Sep 10, 2014
gatiano: op, that is a good observation, and i nice one, but i have never gave it any thought. at your free time, follow that thesis up, it will def lead you to a conclusion. i heard cockroaches can survive a nuclear all out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwvG69ICnps

U mean I should sit down n watch a documentary of 50 minutes on cockroaches! angry

1 Like

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 10, 2014
This topic though..#dead
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by gatiano(m): 5:47pm On Sep 10, 2014
boys of little brains! why not look 10 mins of it and gain little knowledge. men are made to learn new things every day. perhaps you will understand the sciences of robotic movement, improved tanks stems from the cockroach movement. no wonder they ruled us mercilessly, oh boy! ja si konga funmi jo.

shinysmrt:

U mean I should sit down n watch a documentary of 50 minutes on cockroaches! angry

1 Like

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by Skmoda360(m): 5:49pm On Sep 10, 2014
lilprinze: we are not Cockroaches so how are we suppose to know why they die upside down?
who are you asking?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by masqot(m): 5:54pm On Sep 10, 2014
This OP can ask question. You will soon ask why human die lying down.
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 10, 2014
lepasharon:

Have u also noticed with the insecticide when u spray them this capsule thing comes out of them ? Urghh *shudders*
lol! Dats groooossss....
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by MOSSADII(m): 5:59pm On Sep 10, 2014
so you very busy, huuhh?
nwaobitex: jobless people
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by UchihaItachi(m): 6:08pm On Sep 10, 2014
ElNur1:

repeated Thread?

Two posts per page and no like button
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by Akanboy1(m): 6:11pm On Sep 10, 2014
dat iz dia way of dying. grin
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by EbolaParasite: 6:12pm On Sep 10, 2014
Atmmachine:

LOL
Johnny just come ??

Meaning - Not lived in the state long enough. Unless you are an ajebutter that has always lived in a HOUSE. Some of us have lived in the nastiest apartment ghettos in TX and have seen HUMONGOUS cockroaches
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by EbolaParasite: 6:13pm On Sep 10, 2014
Legendoscar2:

Those your Fondren and Bisonnet Area na..... lipsrsealed

Na still part of AMERICA shocked
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by jennylove7575(f): 6:22pm On Sep 10, 2014
Waspy: You think abt sex per second. Haba. Na so you like am reach?
hmmm WASPy don't blame me.. this topic makes no meaning. Okay they should have asked, why do mosquitoes die without intestine?..
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by kudoxs(m): 6:50pm On Sep 10, 2014
Airforce1:
Mods please do the "needful*
this is the 4th post of this thread and guess what? The call 4 FP was heeded for a topic such as this. The Nigerian factor is now on NL bigtime.
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by 1miccza: 7:04pm On Sep 10, 2014
Airforce1: ive been noticing this .... why is it ? how do they get upsidedown ? undecided

Let me ask the cockroach in my kitchen
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by emmykk(m): 7:23pm On Sep 10, 2014
whatofyou: Most cockroaches that die upside down are the ones killed by insecticides. Something tells me that these insecticides work by blocking the holes in their abdomens, called spiracles. In a bid to 'draw' more air (surface area) as they tussle for life with the insecticide, they overturn themselves, then they die in that position.
you study your biology wela.
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by felifeli: 7:29pm On Sep 10, 2014
Airforce1: ive been noticing this .... why is it ? how do they get upsidedown ? undecided

Foolish question. If you too feel death coming to you which direction will you rather be facing ? grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 10, 2014
My own personal worry is Why do they just die? NO INSECTICIDES, Nothing! You just find them dead in your toilet or even washing hand bowl *disgusting* Is that the natural death that their lifespan permits? As a MelSan, this was ruminating in my mind much of yesterday...[color=#770077][/color][b][/b]
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by junell(f): 8:32pm On Sep 10, 2014
hazyfm: [size=18pt]PLS ASK ME WHEN I WAKE UP[/size]

this has got to be the funniest reply ever!
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by amanikondo: 8:40pm On Sep 10, 2014
Ask Google.
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 10, 2014
junell:

this has got to be the funniest reply ever!
hehe wait until u see my reply*jealos*
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by kido24(m): 8:57pm On Sep 10, 2014
Ask google

1 Like

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by judys17(m): 9:35pm On Sep 10, 2014
Αм New here,but αм kinda loving this forum everyday,,,,,,,why does cockroaches die upside down anyway its mysterious and a tragedic end for them, don't be surprised that cockroaches are recently asking questions on why are some people dyin mysterious death(ebola victims) they(cockroaches) αяє happy that die upsyd down,and they think that this man's new way of dying is wierd,,,,ohh I wish I αм I cockroach ,cos dyin upsyd down is kinda вєттєя.
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 10, 2014
hensben: Cockraches dont naturaly die upsied down.They sometimes die upsied down because when they are on their backs they cant get up so they do nothing and just die. Creatures with exoskeletons frequently have a primitive muscle/blood flow circulation system tied into each other and it is hydraulic by nature. The natural state of their legs is curled up and a force of exertion combined with the pushing of blood through their legs causes them to straighten. They have fine motor control of this which allows them to move, in fact it's probably unconscious such as the way we move our limbs, the process is lsot on us we just know we can do it. Now, when the insect in question hasn't got enough food or water they grow weak, or with something like old age. So they find it harder to exert to force their legs "open" So imagine their standing on all their legs and can't summon the effort to keep the set on one side open. That side will collapse and they will tip. This causes them to roll over onto their backs. You can try this with a healthy insect and they will tilt and get back up but it's a strain and they use their legs a lot. When they are too weak to do this they are stuck, and frequently die shortly afterwards as they become too weak to right themselves.
hmmmm....doctor cockroach ...i see u
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by Airforce1(m): 10:00pm On Sep 10, 2014
cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by berbs113(f): 10:44pm On Sep 10, 2014
And dats how d cookie crumbles....lol

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by tochstorm(m): 11:10pm On Sep 10, 2014
adolfebad:

Have you tried using one of the capsules as a tablet? cheesy

Only females carries capsules. Its their egg/eggs
damn you made him/her sound like a blonde.
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Sep 10, 2014
Idrismusty97: Their souls cannot fly up to heaven unless they are upside down. undecided This is why we need a dislike button!
tru talk
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by Dexema(m): 12:05am On Sep 11, 2014
adolfebad:

Have you tried using one of the capsules as a tablet? cheesy

Only females carries capsules. Its their egg/eggs

Its called OOTHECA its a kinda leathery casing for younger ones carried by females.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mysterious Fireball Spotted In Sky Across Metro Detroit USA ( Pics, Video) / Nigerian Man Constructs A Transformer In Aba, Abia State (Photos, Video) / Top5 Strange Animals In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.