Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,197 members, 7,957,460 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:59 PM

Another African American Killed In Ferguson - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Another African American Killed In Ferguson (793 Views)

Security Officers Pose With The Dead Lion Killed In Jos (Pictured) / Couple, 3 Others Killed In Trailer Crash - Picture / 20 Killed In Renewed Benin City Cult War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another African American Killed In Ferguson by CaptainPhilip(m): 2:24pm On Aug 20, 2014
http://www.independent.co.ukl/news/world/americas/Michael Brown shooting:Ferguson-police-shoot-and-kill second-young-black-man-9679801.html

AMERICAS Michael Brown shooting: Ferguson police shoot and kill second young black man
A A A
The unidentified 23-year-old approached officers while brandishing a knife
img
St. Louis Police have shot dead another man, a short distance from Ferguson, Missouri, the scene of protests over the killing of teenager Mike Brown
By KUNAL DUTTA
Wednesday 20 August 2014
The race-relations crisis engulfing America in the aftermath of the shooting of 18-year-old Michael Brown in Missouri intensified on Tuesday after police confirmed the shooting of a second African-American man from St Louis.
The unnamed suspect, identified only as a 23-year-old, was approached by officers after reports of a store robbery and a “man with a knife acting erratically,” St Louis Police Chief Sam Dotson said.
“As officers arrived, the suspect turned towards the officers and started to walk towards them, clutching his waistband. He then pulled out a knife in what we describe as an overhand grip, and told the officers: 'Shoot me now, kill me now'.”
Police said the ignored verbal commands to drop the knife and continued to approach the officers, coming “within three to four feet” before two policemen opened fire. The suspect was pronounced dead at the scene while the officers, whose identity has been withheld, have been suspended pending an investigation. Details of the incident were still emerging on Tuesday but it will invariably inflame tensions, coming 11 days after the police shooting of Michael Brown which has sparked days of violent protests in the town of Ferguson, prompting a heavy police crackdown.
Re: Another African American Killed In Ferguson by bbello28(m): 2:37pm On Aug 20, 2014
Racismtufia cry
Re: Another African American Killed In Ferguson by CaptainPhilip(m): 2:43pm On Aug 20, 2014
My brother it's well oh and there are more white folks committing more crimes than blacks so why always Black
Re: Another African American Killed In Ferguson by dhardline(m): 3:05pm On Aug 20, 2014
I wonder what happened to demobilising the suspect like shooting him on the leg or something.must they just kill?Nigerian police syndrome.

1 Like

Re: Another African American Killed In Ferguson by tlopez82: 4:32pm On Aug 20, 2014
[quote author=dhardline]I wonder what happened to demobilising the suspect like shooting him on the leg or something.must they just kill?Nigerian police syndrome.[/quo
Yeah, av bn asking same questions, what happened to their pepper spray or the electric/voltage baton or so they carry (i cant remember itz name now) BUT tot d dead American was caught on cctv robbibg a store? Y na?
Re: Another African American Killed In Ferguson by CaptainPhilip(m): 6:16pm On Aug 20, 2014
Many questions few answers. It's well

(1) (Reply)

Ladies, Attention Needed Here! / . / Little Children; Leaders Of Tomorrow? Not In Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.