Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,748 members, 7,820,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Time Travel To Nigeria In The 60s-80s - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Time Travel To Nigeria In The 60s-80s (1582 Views)

Countryside Reminds Us Of The ā€œ60sā€ / Are Nigerian Women More Or Less Conservative Than We Were In The 60s? PHOTO / Congratulations To All The Kids Who Were Born In The 1930's 40's, 50's, 60s,70s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Time Travel To Nigeria In The 60s-80s by NsibidiInst: 5:55pm On Aug 20, 2014
CHECK THIS OUT: a new memory project on Twitter and Facebook called. Everyone is invited to share photos from Nigeria in the 60s-80s, put a caption and post it with @NsibidiInst - There's also a facebook page: www.facebook.com/nsibidiinstitute - HAVE FUN!!!

Re: Time Travel To Nigeria In The 60s-80s by Fulaman198(m): 5:58pm On Aug 20, 2014
I would probably travel back to the time my parents or grandparents (well maybe not grandparents since Nigeria was still under colonial rule then). Nigerians were more traditional then and weren't trying to imitate American accents. They were proud of their culture and heritage. It was a time when $2 USD equaled N1.

1 Like

Re: Time Travel To Nigeria In The 60s-80s by kingston277(m): 3:52pm On Aug 21, 2014
I would prefer to go back to the 1860s, or before colonial rule. I would love to see the exquisite level of art, technology and civilization my forefathers had achieved, in person. Then I would help them build from there.
Re: Time Travel To Nigeria In The 60s-80s by Rivertemz: 5:54pm On Aug 21, 2014
If we could literally go back and warn the Nigerians about our future,
The country would look more like Dubai.
We would have dealt with our oil the same way the arabs did.
But tribalism and greed got to our forefathers heads too soon.

(1) (Reply)

Welcome To Ijebu-ode / Can Edo Governor Also Dethrone Oba Of Benin? / What Is Your Ideal Age For Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.