Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,188 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

Are Nigerian Women More Or Less Conservative Than We Were In The 60s? PHOTO - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are Nigerian Women More Or Less Conservative Than We Were In The 60s? PHOTO (1183 Views)

THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 / Beauty Of Middlebelt Nigerian Women / Are Light Skinned Black Women More Beautiful Than Dark Skinned Black Women? Y? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are Nigerian Women More Or Less Conservative Than We Were In The 60s? PHOTO by Lagosian247: 9:38am On Aug 22, 2014
Check out this photo. I keep seeing evidence that all the so called conservative, traditional values are really quite new. We say it is "our culture" but so much has changed over time. We pick and choose what to keep and what to let go. Abeg, shey we used to expose our stomachs before? Even in more recent times, i.e. the 60s, we had girls in bikinis on the front page of papers like the Daily Times, and no one thought it was outrageous.

So why are we forming now?

Re: Are Nigerian Women More Or Less Conservative Than We Were In The 60s? PHOTO by agitator: 9:58am On Aug 22, 2014
that time no beautiful women. angry angry angry

how can we know they are beautiful without seeing the chest area undecided undecided undecided
Re: Are Nigerian Women More Or Less Conservative Than We Were In The 60s? PHOTO by Lagosian247: 4:27pm On Aug 22, 2014
I guess that's why you call yourself the agitator. Playing Devil's advocate. Well done. Must be fun.

(1) (Reply)

Stunning Photos Of Ooni Of Ife's Wife And Jennifer Obayuwana / History Of The Yoruba Demon(s) / Everything You Need To Know About Oduduwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.