Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,518 members, 7,826,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Startimes To Launch Mobile Phones And Tablets In Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Startimes To Launch Mobile Phones And Tablets In Nigeria (1633 Views)

List Of Cheap Android Tablets In Nigeria / Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets / NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Startimes To Launch Mobile Phones And Tablets In Nigeria by mrcassanova(m): 6:59am On Aug 21, 2014
StarTimes Nigeria, a payTV services provider, has announced the scheduled launch of two mobile devices - the StarTimes P40 mobile phone and StarTimes P80 tablet.

According to Nigeria CommunicationsWeek, StarTimes is launching the devices in a bid to provide Nigerians with cheaper alternatives to mobile devices and as part of the company's effort to make Nigerians enjoy affordable technology.

Anetor Irete, head, corporate communications, StarTimes Nigeria conirmed that the devices would be of good quality.

"These mobile devices are the best in its category at an affordable price of N12, 000" Irete assured. The StarTimes P40 is a mobile phone with 4.0" Capacitive Touch Screen size, Dual-core 2 x 1.3GHz CPU, internal memory of 4GB and can take up to 32GB SD card with 512 Ram. It also has Dual Camera (3.0MP + 2.0MP), dual SIM and runs on an Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS. Its battery life is with ultra long standby time (1450 mah battery), and supports many exciting functions of MP3, FM radio, Multimedia, Bluetooth.

The P80 is hybrid of Smartphone and Tablet. At N27,000, its equipped with Android 4.2 OS, Quad-core 4x1.3GHz CPU, 8" XGA Touch Screen, Dual camera (5MP + 2MP) & Dual SIM dual standby, GPS/ WiFi/ USB port/ Bluetooth/ earphone, Internal Memory of up to 8GB + 1GB RAM and microSD Up to 32G. Its battery life is with ultra long standby time (4000 mah battery).

Source - http://thegadgetsfreak.com/startimes-set-to-launch-own-smartphone-and-tablet/

source - http://m.allafrica.com/stories/201408190196.html/

NB - there are no official images yet.
Re: Startimes To Launch Mobile Phones And Tablets In Nigeria by seunlayi(m): 7:18am On Aug 21, 2014
let me hear from the horses mouth before I comment on this
Re: Startimes To Launch Mobile Phones And Tablets In Nigeria by Lagusta(m): 8:18am On Aug 21, 2014
Okay oooo!!!!
Re: Startimes To Launch Mobile Phones And Tablets In Nigeria by cirmuell(m): 9:20am On Aug 21, 2014
Rubbish, DOA

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Hack 8 Ball Pool Game / Infinix Hot 2 For Sale (sold) / Any One Willing To Sell Samsung Note 3 Or 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.