Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 (19699 Views)

Mobile Number Portability In Nigeria: Advantages & Disadvantages / NCC Begins Number Portability / Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by adewasco2k(m): 2:53pm On Mar 08, 2013
The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has announced March 26 as the launch date of the Mobile Number Portability (MNP).

Director of Public Affairs of the commission, Tony Ojobo made this disclosure during Channels Television’s flagship programme, Sunrise Daily, today in the video above.

“There will be a launch by the end of this month, we are going to flag it off’’

“So we are looking at the 26th of March or there about”.

Ojobo said the MNP will enable a consumer move from his service provider to another without losing the number he already uses despite the change in the SIM card of the consumer.

The service however will not be available to consumers who haven’t registered their SIM cards.

He further said service providers who try to woo consumers that have submitted request forms to another service provider will be dealt with by the commission.

The ability to choose or fire your GSM service provider is one whose time has come in Nigeria, and will only deepen competition among operators and improve service quality, so i think its a good one.

http://www.wasconet.com/ncc-to-launch-mobile-number-portability-on-march-26/

14 Likes

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by tonyx4x44(m): 3:16pm On Mar 08, 2013
If na true eMptyhen don die!

27 Likes

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by adewasco2k(m): 3:18pm On Mar 08, 2013
I am just happy because MTN must so sit up, because people are stuck with them just because they were the first stable network provider so alot of people have the number for long and dont want to change it.

11 Likes

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by puskin: 3:23pm On Mar 08, 2013
Don't worry.....when that date reaches.....another story will come out why the MNP date had to be shifted yet again.

8 Likes

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Frenchkiss(m): 3:37pm On Mar 08, 2013
Lovely!
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Bawss1(m): 3:39pm On Mar 08, 2013
tonyx4x44: If na true eMptyhen don die!

We'll see about that, just hold your horses.

1 Like

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by jedisco(m): 3:50pm On Mar 08, 2013
Nice move by the NCC.

They have been doing quite well lately with the reduction in SMS price, putting a stop to useless promos e.t.c.
I think what is left now is for them to drastically reduce mobile data prices and improve quality of services offered.

10 Likes

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 08, 2013
Hmmm... i pity mtn... any fvck up on their side would be their end...anyways, let the competition begin!

2 Likes

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by bizz(m): 4:09pm On Mar 08, 2013
Nice move
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by otbliz(m): 4:10pm On Mar 08, 2013
it has happened....kia kia kia. *wicked laugh* at MTN

1 Like

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by kgbd(m): 4:11pm On Mar 08, 2013
Good one. And what will the migration cost be like?

1 Like

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by MEILYN(m): 4:11pm On Mar 08, 2013
Mtn Done Die........Chaiii Mtn Is Against Dis 4sure......Nice Call

1 Like

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Akpaife(m): 4:12pm On Mar 08, 2013
Gej is working imagine NNC to lunch mobile number protability Gej u must rule till 2019 I must vote 4 u
God bless Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by bigfather(m): 4:13pm On Mar 08, 2013
I dey laff ! Na only MTN ?

1 Like

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Nobody: 4:15pm On Mar 08, 2013
puskin: Don't worry.....when that date reaches.....another story will come out why the MNP date had to be shifted yet again.
No matter d no of times they postpond they wud still get there as far as there is an effort.

7 Likes

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Nobody: 4:15pm On Mar 08, 2013
I see cheap calls shocked shocked shocked free sms, free *****

1 Like

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by MrUzo: 4:15pm On Mar 08, 2013
Am not moved.. Until that date comes and its effected.....emptyhen na pdp ooo they must go bribe the unstable ncc.... grin

1 Like

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by kaysy(m): 4:16pm On Mar 08, 2013
Nice Concept
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by megareal: 4:16pm On Mar 08, 2013
At last! *dancing alingo on top of coconut tree*

1 Like

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by MEILYN(m): 4:16pm On Mar 08, 2013
Akpa ife: Gej is working imagine NNC to lunch mobile number protability Gej u must rule till 2019 I must vote 4 u
God bless Nigeria

Watin concern GEJ nd NCC? Abii u take weed ni? Na GEJ MAKE D DECISION?

15 Likes

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by scholes23(m): 4:16pm On Mar 08, 2013
tonyx4x44: If na true eMptyhen don die!

U have a point there. Well if they do that, I'll be the first to migrate from EMPTYHEN.

That's a good measure from NCC.

1 Like

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Nobody: 4:17pm On Mar 08, 2013
Osc:
No matter d no of times they postpond they wud still get there as far as there is an effort.
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Nobody: 4:18pm On Mar 08, 2013
Am forseeing MTN relegattion tho others have not also impressed much
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Rooneyboy(m): 4:18pm On Mar 08, 2013
I don't get what u guys are saying about MTN ,
I mean , I use all networks and can boldly say that my MTN is the cheapest of them all.

11 Likes

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by KokoBeware: 4:19pm On Mar 08, 2013
Finally ......
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Onyenna(m): 4:19pm On Mar 08, 2013
I pray ooooh....
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 08, 2013
Beautiful! Will be dumping my MTN sim with immediate alacrity.

2 Likes

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Phonon: 4:20pm On Mar 08, 2013
The crucifixion of the Most Terrible Network(MTN) is nigh.

2 Likes

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by biz2get(m): 4:21pm On Mar 08, 2013
MTN <--- yuur time AS come ....... its time to move my simple number to a beta network ---> etisalat
*abeg no cry* but now wit this ncc can truly see what network is best for nigerians..
atleast if e tire yuu go move enter another 1, instead off buyin new sims nah grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cool cool cool cool cool cool wink

1 Like

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by bigfat04(m): 4:22pm On Mar 08, 2013
PLEASE DO W ARE WAITING cheesy

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by austinsmat(m): 4:23pm On Mar 08, 2013
after this NCC will also look into data bundle price
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Nobody: 4:25pm On Mar 08, 2013
Am still thinking of d 1 to move after dumping my MtN cos dis may b d case of the devil i is better than d angel i dont knw

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Your Smart Phone May Be Your Enemy / Infinix Zero And Infinix Hot Note / Twitter Bans Sharing Photos, Videos Of Private People Without Their Consent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.