Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,389 members, 7,815,829 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. - Education (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. (590131 Views)

JAMB: Share Your Experience / When Is Your Exam Date,time And Name And Score If You Gotten Yours / UNIZIK Post-UME Candidates: What's Your Score? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by RudyAde(f): 4:39pm On Feb 17, 2023
awesomershal:
Please can i register for my Ielts with my NIN card
. https://www.britishcouncil.org.ng/exam/ielts/book-test

Yes you can, just make sure it is the card with the chip embedded and that it has not expired, visit their link provided above to verify.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by slimanyd: 4:44pm On Feb 17, 2023
RudyAde:
Hi everyone, I just found this link and I have a few questios, I would appreciate if someone can help by answering them, thanks in advance.
1. I am registering for IELTS exam after the election in February, I have gotten my national identify card and I have taken lessons for the exam and feel quite confident. I am however unsure of the IELTS exam to take because I was to apply to a university, hence I prepared for the academic exam. Right now my Aunt is trying to use the skilled worker visa approach ( relocating as a carer), because it gives the opportunity of schooling and working as that visa permits it. Do I still write the academic IELTS exam because of the prospect of schooling or take the general IELTS exam?

I would advise you pick the option of ukvi academics aslong as u wanna school aswell in uk

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by protonz(m): 5:24pm On Feb 17, 2023
Sparekey:

Good day, please when did you write the exams? And how long did the result take

10th of feb
It took 6 days (cbt)
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nelochukwu: 6:09pm On Feb 17, 2023
Tamee:

You will pass. Just relax and wear comfortable clothes and shoes.

Tips:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS ON THE TEST CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU START. IF YOU SEE 'ONE WORD ONLY' Do not write 2 or more words.

--- WRITING:

Double check for spelling errors after each part.
Do the part 2 first.
Don't write big words that you are not sure of the spellings or meaning.
--------

--- LISTENING:

Clear your head and your heart of any roaming thoughts. FOCUS.
Listen to the recording as if you are listening to a real life conversation, you can't miss any word.
Don't listen to respond, listen to understand. Listen to catch each word and number mentioned.
Listen to corrections made by the speakers as they speak.
--------

READING:

Make sure your spellings are correct when answering questions.
If possible, copy the answers from the passage if you are not sure of spellings.
Read between the lines, some answers are not in plain sight.
Don't waste time.
-----------

---> FOR SPEAKING TEST

Tell yourself that it is not an INTERVIEW or EXAM.
Pretend that the examiner asking you questions is a friend you just met in your new school or your new location abroad.
Relax and answer questions like you are having a conversation with someone you just met.
NOTE that there are no right or wrong answers when the conversation starts to feel like an argument. Smile and state your opinion without thinking you are right or wrong.
Speak up because you will not be told that your voice is low, but it will affect your score.

Remember it is not a test of who can speak the most bogus grammar, but who can carry on a conversation with minimum error, nuance, and with fluidity. Keep talking until the examiner stops you each time. When you feel like you don't know the answer, ask her/him to explain further. Don't feel bad when you feel you haven't answered a question correctly, it is not an INTERVIEW, remember. Just talk and flow with the examiner (like you would with a new friend)
---------

Don't Fret, it's not a rigid exam, just a test of how comfortable you are with the language.
Go with a clear/transparent bottle of water (remove the label)
Go with your face mask
Eat before going if possible
If your Writing and Speaking tests are on the same day, make sure you eat because you will get tired. (One of the guys there gave me jollof rice while I was waiting for my speaking test because I was almost fainting from hunger)
Go with a pen, pencil, and eraser.

Best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Erebeshe: 8:48pm On Feb 18, 2023
Sparekey:

Good day, is ur result out? And how long did it take before it came out?

Took 7 days to come out
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by innocent82: 1:11am On Feb 19, 2023
Subscribe for your Quillbot Paraphraser tool at subsidized rate

Whatsapp, Telegram at +2348102346109

Fast and easy.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Stan2330(m): 6:53am On Feb 19, 2023
Pls I'll like to know if the notification on the screenshot goes out when the outcome of EOR is out cos
I've been expecting the result of my EOR for more than a month now

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Doyou2019: 5:14pm On Feb 22, 2023
UkVI said they've postponed all tests earlier scheduled for 20-25th February. Now, to give us newly scheduled date for the tests , they ghosted us.
What can I do? Anyone going through this presently

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Sparekey(m): 7:23am On Feb 24, 2023
Good morning house, sat for IELTS on the 9th and I'm yet to recieve my results. Who knows how long it takes? Not CBT ooh
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Doyou2019: 9:43am On Feb 24, 2023
Sparekey:
Good morning house, sat for IELTS on the 9th and I'm yet to recieve my results. Who knows how long it takes? Not CBT ooh
Paper-based test results take 14 days to be released. You should have your result any moment from now.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Sparekey(m): 10:03am On Feb 24, 2023
Doyou2019:

Paper-based test results take 14 days to be released. You should have your result any moment from now.

The result status has been changed from awaiting result to RESULT, but i still can't find the result.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by slimanyd: 10:57am On Feb 24, 2023
Sparekey:

The result status has been changed from awaiting result to RESULT, but i still can't find the result.

Till 9pm. Check it by then.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Sparekey(m): 1:46pm On Feb 24, 2023
slimanyd:

Till 9pm. Check it by then.

I got a mail few hours ago that my result is ready, but when I log in there is no result. What could be wrong?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Learnwithgrace: 2:08pm On Feb 24, 2023
I am an IELTS Tutor, let me help you with tips and strategies needed to ace the exam....reach me on whatsapp @ 08104061959 or connect with me via email: learnwithgraceonline@gmail.com.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by slimanyd: 5:18pm On Feb 24, 2023
Sparekey:

I got a mail few hours ago that my result is ready, but when I log in there is no result. What could be wrong?

I said check again by 9pm bro. Nothing is wrong.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Sparekey(m): 9:37pm On Feb 24, 2023
slimanyd:

I said check again by 9pm bro. Nothing is wrong.

Thanks boss, the result is out.

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by OgogoroDegree: 10:00pm On Feb 24, 2023
Sparekey:

Paper based or CBT?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Sparekey(m): 10:31pm On Feb 24, 2023
OgogoroDegree:

Paper based or CBT?

Paper based
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by OgogoroDegree: 10:37pm On Feb 24, 2023
Sparekey:

Paper based

Congratulations!
If this is for "Academic", your score is very ok.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by desoladearie(f): 7:18am On Feb 25, 2023
pinkyz:
My ielts falls on Election Day…would the exams take place Or postpone

Please I will like to know if it still holds today? Because I also have mine on the gubernatorial election day.

Thanks in anticipation of your response.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Doyou2019: 7:46am On Feb 25, 2023
desoladearie:

Please I will like to know if it still holds today? Because I also have mine on the gubernatorial election day.

Thanks in anticipation of your response.
All tests from the 20th-25th have been rescheduled. Check your mail or portal to see your new test dates.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by desoladearie(f): 8:39am On Feb 25, 2023
Doyou2019:

All tests from the 20th-25th have been rescheduled. Check your mail or portal to see your new test dates.

Please where should I check on the portal because I can't find it there.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Doyou2019: 9:16am On Feb 25, 2023
desoladearie:

Please where should I check on the portal because I can't find it there.
I'm.guessing your test date hasn't changed.from the 25th to a rescheduled one.
Please send them a mail.with your Ielts reference number so.you can get a link to request for date transfer .Do check your mails before you.do this. Their email address is examsnigeria ........ You can google the email address.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by slimanyd: 10:25am On Feb 25, 2023
Sparekey:

Congratulations
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Julidab: 10:29am On Feb 25, 2023
Who will be going to Port Harcourt from Imo state ending of March to write exam . Let's connect pls.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by desoladearie(f): 11:09am On Feb 25, 2023
Doyou2019:

I'm.guessing your test date hasn't changed.from the 25th to a rescheduled one.
Please send them a mail.with your Ielts reference number so.you can get a link to request for date transfer .Do check your mails before you.do this. Their email address is examsnigeria ........ You can google the email address.

Thank you for your response. Actually my exam date is on the 11th of March , which happens to be the date for governorship election. Do I need to send a mail ahead or I should wait for their email?
Looking forward to your advice. Thank you
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Doyou2019: 11:36am On Feb 25, 2023
desoladearie:

Thank you for your response. Actually my exam date is on the 11th of March , which happens to be the date for governorship election. Do I need to send a mail ahead or I should wait for their email?
Looking forward to your advice. Thank you
Please send them an email if you don't plan on having your test in May or even later.
Send a mail with the email .address with which you registered. Provide your IELTS reference number and request for your new test date.
If your tests have not been rescheduled, they will send you a link where you can fill a form for transfer of your test date.
Email : examsnigeria@ng.britishcouncil.org
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by desoladearie(f): 2:46pm On Feb 25, 2023
Doyou2019:

Please send them an email if you don't plan on having your test in May or even later.
Send a mail with the email .address with which you registered. Provide your IELTS reference number and request for your new test date.
If your tests have not been rescheduled, they will send you a link where you can fill a form for transfer of your test date.
Email : examsnigeria@ng.britishcouncil.org

Thanks a lot!

I have sent them a mail.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Doyou2019: 2:51pm On Feb 25, 2023
desoladearie:

Thanks a lot!

I have sent them a mail.
Great. You will get a response in the next 48 hours. They're working round the clock with regard to this test rescheduling issue.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by jasperonyx: 7:29pm On Feb 25, 2023
Abeg oo, how can I go about remarking, can I remark writing, reading and listening? This exams wan show me shege.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Tonyblinky(m): 11:21am On Feb 26, 2023
OgogoroDegree:

Congratulations!
If this is for "Academic", your score is very ok.
Is 7.0 score not very ok for "General Training"?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by kunleos(m): 12:32am On Feb 28, 2023
Hello everyone,
I did my test last week and I had 8.5,8,7,7.5(LRWS)

I practiced listening and reading with ieltsonlinetests and for speaking & writing, i used IELTS Jay, E2 and IELTSLiz.

Thanks

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (159) (Reply)

2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.