Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. - Education (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. (590519 Views)

JAMB: Share Your Experience / When Is Your Exam Date,time And Name And Score If You Gotten Yours / UNIZIK Post-UME Candidates: What's Your Score? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Edicoco(f): 11:19am On May 07, 2023
Good morning all,
I wrote my IELTS test (British Council) on April 1st and my test results has since been released online.

My problem is that it is over a month now and my test results has not been mailed to my home address. I have called and they said I might have to get it from their office at Ikoyi.

Does anyone know the requirements if I want to send someone to pick it up for me?

Thanks in anticipation
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Erebeshe: 3:12pm On May 07, 2023
You need to hand the person your passport and also a letter of authorisation to pick on your behalf.

Not forgetting to furnish the person with your IELTS ref number and the date of test.

With those you are good to pick up.

Edicoco:
Good morning all,
I wrote my IELTS test (British Council) on April 1st and my test results has since been released online.

My problem is that it is over a month now and my test results has not been mailed to my home address. I have called and they said I might have to get it from their office at Ikoyi.

Does anyone know the requirements if I want to send someone to pick it up for me?

Thanks in anticipation

2 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by mabella123(f): 10:25pm On May 07, 2023
I wrote Ielts and got a band 7 but I need to improve on my writing and reading. Pls it’s IDP better than British council? I wrote with BC and people are saying that I should go with IDP this time. Pls I need your advice.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Erebeshe: 10:29pm On May 07, 2023
mabella123:
I wrote Ielts and got a band 7 but I need to improve on my writing and reading. Pls it’s IDP better than British council? I wrote with BC and people are saying that I should go with IDP this time. Pls I need your advice.

No difference btw both. Just up your game 👍
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Carmal90(m): 11:11pm On May 07, 2023
mabella123:

What materials helped you to achieve the band 7 sir?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Anieakan: 3:26pm On May 08, 2023
mabella123:

I haven’t written British council before but I heard same and that’s why I opted for IDP. Questions were (to a large extent) easier than the online practice tests. I use IELTS online tests dot com for practice.
I think the key is to keep trying a lot of mock questions (especially for reading and listening) check the questions you failed and try to understand the reason why an answer is A and not B.
All questions are categorized by different sections, use that to determine your area of weakness and practice more questions that fall under that category.

For writing, there are rules you need to adhere to, check IELTS by Liz. Also, are you writing paper based?

If you’re looking for something easier check CELPIP, it is also an acceptable English test.

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Clicked: 5:21pm On May 08, 2023
Hello everyone, I booked my IELTS listening, reading, writing and speaking on the same date, 20th of May.

The first three are from 9am to 11:30am, while my speaking test is from 1:00pm to 1:20pm. I'm a bit worried that I the time the first batch ends is going to clash with the time the listening test begins.

Has anyone here booked their test like this, with the listening test coming up right after the other ones?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Darey00(m): 6:56pm On May 08, 2023
Clicked:
Hello everyone, I booked my IELTS listening, reading, writing and speaking on the same date, 20th of May.

The first three are from 9am to 11:30am, while my speaking test is from 1:00pm to 1:20pm. I'm a bit worried that I the time the first batch ends is going to clash with the time the listening test begins.

Has anyone here booked their test like this, with the listening test coming up right after the other ones?

You will have your tests immediately after each one.

Speaking will come last
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by mabella123(f): 6:23am On May 09, 2023
Carmal90:

What materials helped you to achieve the band 7 sir?

I used E2 language by Jay and some from Alex then ielts with Liz and did online practice with ieltsonline.com.

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Larry456: 7:14pm On May 09, 2023
Gt it.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:34am On May 10, 2023
Stan2330:

Da wain

Good day, kindly forward the soft copy of the book on the relationship between return on equity and cost of equity on the price book value of a stock
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Stan2330(m): 12:01pm On May 10, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Good day, kindly forward the soft copy of the book on the relationship between return on equity and cost of equity on the price book value of a stock
How?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Apriltreasure: 6:46pm On May 11, 2023
Hello guys, please how long does it takes to get approved after booking for a test? Mine has been two days and it’s still showing, “awaiting approval “
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by morzook(m): 11:18am On May 12, 2023
had just a week to prepare.

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by GodSon1900: 8:17pm On May 12, 2023
Please is NECO accepted just like Waec overseas?
which one is better?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by PeterObi4LP: 9:32am On May 15, 2023
Pls what's the difference between UK vi and General?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Erebeshe: 1:38pm On May 15, 2023
Regarding the test in itself...there's no difference between IELTS GENERAL AND IELTS UKVI GENERAL.

the difference comes in the purpos...Wish to work in the UK? IELTS UKVI is the acceptable test amongst others

While IELTS General can be used in countries like Canada, Australia etc for work purpose.

PeterObi4LP:
Pls what's the difference between UK vi and General?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by iykliviz: 7:32pm On May 15, 2023
Pls I need help my wife's EOR has been delayed since March 3rd. Till date we have not heard from you them. We have written countless number of mails all to no avail.
From 21days to 10days to another 10days to another 10days and then to 5-7days yet results is not out. The main exam was taken 19 Jan 2023 but up till now nothing.pls I need ur help.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Dayhorla: 10:51am On May 16, 2023
iykliviz:
Pls I need help my wife's EOR has been delayed since March 3rd. Till date we have not heard from you them. We have written countless number of mails all to no avail.
From 21days to 10days to another 10days to another 10days and then to 5-7days yet results is not out. The main exam was taken 19 Jan 2023 but up till now nothing.pls I need ur help.

Nawa o, is it British Council or IDP? Have you tried calling their number? I applied for mine the end of last month so I know they're still within their 21 days time frame
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Marike2: 2:33pm On May 16, 2023
Dayhorla:

Nawa o, is it British Council or IDP? Have you tried calling their number? I applied for mine the end of last month so I know they're still within their 21 days time frame

I applied for EOR on April 25. Today is exactly 21 days! It's IDP. Am really anxious, God abeg oooh🙏😆
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Dayhorla: 4:21pm On May 16, 2023
Marike2:

I applied for EOR on April 25. Today is exactly 21 days! It's IDP. Am really anxious, God abeg oooh🙏😆

Eeh, God help us o. This one they're not responding to someone that applied since weeks ago, how do we even know if they're working on the request since we can't mail them until the request is 28 days ehn?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Mpchi(m): 12:19am On May 17, 2023
I wrote my exam on the 1st of April, 2023 with the British Council in Rivers State. After I registered and paid for the exam, a linked was sent to mail to access a site called Clarity English. In this site, you are given guidelines and tips on how to perform well in the exam by staffs of British Council (Those tip really paid in my listening and Writing section). Also, there were two real time examples of each section of your exam on the Clarity English site. I was not too strong in writing but with the tips, advices, and real time examples, I built my confidence and gave it my best. From my experience, the reason why most people fail the listening test is because they fail to adhere to the instructions (if it states “use only one word”, please religiously use only one word). Furthermore, pay attention to when words are pronounced with “s”. Finally, pay attention to where the word is placed in the question as will ensure if your word will start with a capital letter or small letter (remember names of people should begin with capital too). For the reading test, you need to be super fast. Practice a lot of examples, this will boost your speed and ability to fish out answers. For the reading section, always underline words or ideas that originated from a person. This played a great role in my exam. I also used online site to increase the number of example I answered. Don’t be scammed, IELTS exam isn’t hard when you follow the instructions of the exams and tips provided from Clarity English. I did not pay money for any teaching or materials, just did an intensive four week practice and I was good to go...
P.S. this is my first time of taking IELTS

10 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Adebowaleaa: 11:45pm On May 17, 2023
Which sites did you use for practice

Mpchi:
I wrote my exam on the 1st of April, 2023 with the British Council in Rivers State. After I registered and paid for the exam, a linked was sent to mail to access a site called Clarity English. In this site, you are given guidelines and tips on how to perform well in the exam by staffs of British Council (Those tip really paid in my listening and Writing section). Also, there were two real time examples of each section of your exam on the Clarity English site. I was not too strong in writing but with the tips, advices, and real time examples, I built my confidence and gave it my best. From my experience, the reason why most people fail the listening test is because they fail to adhere to the instructions (if it states “use only one word”, please religiously use only one word). Furthermore, pay attention to when words are pronounced with “s”. Finally, pay attention to where the word is placed in the question as will ensure if your word will start with a capital letter or small letter (remember names of people should begin with capital too). For the reading test, you need to be super fast. Practice a lot of examples, this will boost your speed and ability to fish out answers. For the reading section, always underline words or ideas that originated from a person. This played a great role in my exam. I also used online site to increase the number of example I answered. Don’t be scammed, IELTS exam isn’t hard when you follow the instructions of the exams and tips provided from Clarity English. I did not pay money for any teaching or materials, just did an intensive four week practice and I was good to go...
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Manonamission: 1:10pm On May 18, 2023
Hi Everyone, asking on my sister's behalf. Can someone please confirm the IELTS centre number of Mauve 21 in Ibadan? NG150?

Also, her results have come under scrutiny and have been witheld while an investigation is being conducted.

She was given the option to provide any information which may support her test performance, if she so desires. A scanned handwritten response is to be submitted within 14 days of receiving their email.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by efepeppereski: 7:48pm On May 18, 2023
Good evening. I applied for re-marking for my speaking session. I initially got 6.5 but I needed 7.0. I received a mail about the outcome of my re-mark application. I checked my results online, but it is still the same. Is it possible that they are yet to upload the results of my re-marking online or the outcome of the re-marking did not change my initial results? I intend sending someone to get my TRF from the center I took the test though. I am just curious as I was optimistic IDP will give me the 7.0 I needed when I applied for the re-marking. Your response will be appreciated. Thanks.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by cejo(m): 8:09am On May 19, 2023
Pls house what's d pass score for ielts ukvi general for a work visa.In dear need of this info ASAP,plzzzz.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Erebeshe: 8:31pm On May 19, 2023
Minimum of 4.0 on all categories and an overall score of 4.0

cejo:
Pls house what's d pass score for ielts ukvi general for a work visa.In dear need of this info ASAP,plzzzz.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Vyolet(f): 6:57pm On May 20, 2023
Mpchi:
Hello, weldone.
Pleasewhich date did you check this result?
I wrote on the 6th of May, 2023, i have not been able to check my result.
Thanks
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by okeofabiriba: 8:14am On May 22, 2023
How was your exam? Did you write in Lagos on May 20 because I did too?

And anyone knows how long it takes for the result to be out and are we suppose to get a mail before that?

Clicked:

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (159) (Reply)

2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.