Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,683 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. - Education (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. (591813 Views)

JAMB: Share Your Experience / When Is Your Exam Date,time And Name And Score If You Gotten Yours / UNIZIK Post-UME Candidates: What's Your Score? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Wadosky(m): 8:29pm On Apr 18, 2016
tyketurah:

Hello house!

Below is my result. It's meant for immigration but it's not good enough I think...

Listening - 8.5
Reading - 6.5
Writing - 7.5
Speaking - 7.0
Overall - 7.5

Please has anyone ever requested for a remark in Reading and gotten any positive feedback? Kindly advise!!!
Yeah it's worth it,I requested for a remark in writing and got a positive feedback.

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Veryeducated: 8:56pm On Apr 18, 2016
This is an old thread, but i thought I would give some input.
I am a partner at a UK based education agency - www.veryeducated.com We help students from all over the world get admission to universities in the UK as well as countries like Russia, China, Portugal and Azerbaijan for Medical programmes.

With regards IELTS as a requirement for entry to UK universities, every Nigerian student I have placed in an institution apart from a Foundation programme has been allowed to use either their WAEC score as long as it is above C6 or have produced a letter from their previous institution to confirm they were taught in the medium of English.

It's always worth checking with your chosen college or university whether IELTS is actually required. Sometimes you will get conflicting information but as I mentioned previously nearly all the students I have placed in universities in the UK were not required to have an IELTS certificate.

I hope this info has been helpful!

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 9:27am On Apr 19, 2016
[quote author=Wadosky post=44823356][/quote]

Thanks but I asked about Reading
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Wadosky(m): 11:43am On Apr 19, 2016
[quote author=tyketurah post=44835446]

Thanks but I asked about Reading[/quote
yes you can go for a remark of your reading or u appeal all of the modules.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Adiahabasi: 6:44pm On Apr 19, 2016
Hi house,pls what did you choose as 1st language on the ielts form?I see English as my 1st language but then all Nigerian languages (Yoruba,efik etc)were in the option.Now thinking if more wld be expected if one puts English as 1st language.Hope I'm making sense. Lol my Naija sense is telling me the marking might be more lenient for those with English as 2nd language.What do u think? grin
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Keji74: 7:52pm On Apr 19, 2016
Adiahabasi:
Hi house,pls what did you choose as 1st language on the ielts form?I see English as my 1st language but then all Nigerian languages (Yoruba,efik etc)were in the option.Now thinking if more wld be expected if one puts English as 1st language.Hope I'm making sense. Lol my Naija sense is telling me the marking might be more lenient for those with English as 2nd language.What do u think? grin
I DON'T think it matters, I for instance put Yoruba as my 1st language. Whatever you choose as your first language doesn't affect the way you're marked. Remember that you're taking the exam because English is not your first language to start with.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 9:01pm On Apr 20, 2016
Good evening all, please how do you go about the online payment option for the ielts exam abeg, I just registered and I can only see payment by bank draft. Pls I need help
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by speckless: 2:15pm On Apr 21, 2016
Raise a bank draft of 52k and send by hand or courier to any British Council office of your choice. Don't bother about online payment, it doesn't work. Cheers.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 5:22pm On Apr 21, 2016
speckless:
Raise a bank draft of 52k and send by hand or courier to any British Council office of your choice. Don't bother about online payment, it doesn't work. Cheers.
Thanks, I mailed the British Council last night and they responded confirming what said here that online payment is disabled.
Please what study materials would you recommend and how can I get them? Is the 4k British Council material worth it?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by teelurv(f): 6:15pm On Apr 24, 2016
Anyone have their speaking test yesterday?
Lagos, Colanades Hotel

Found the questions pretty hard. Kept mumbling through it all.
Don't think I did too well cry
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Keji74: 7:56pm On Apr 24, 2016
svenson:

Thanks, I mailed the British Council last night and they responded confirming what said here that online payment is disabled.
Please what study materials would you recommend and how can I get them? Is the 4k British Council material worth it?
This link has enough materials for the exam. And you can also read through ieltsbuddy.com
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-ikaTdt2XnEY3ZmTGNUTzIxbVE&usp=gmail&tid=0B-ikaTdt2XnEXzhWLXJhYWR5OHM
I hope it helps

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Keji74: 7:58pm On Apr 24, 2016
teelurv:
Anyone have their speaking test yesterday?
Lagos, Colanades Hotel

Found the questions pretty hard. Kept mumbling through it all.
Don't think I did too well cry
The questions are always technical, but you don't worry, you should do fine, just make sure you do very well in other sections too, its very easy to have 8.5-9.0 in them, especially in listening and reading

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by teelurv(f): 10:23am On Apr 25, 2016
Keji74:

The questions are always technical, but you don't worry, you should do fine, just make sure you do very well in other sections too, its very easy to have 8.5-9.0 in them, especially in listening and reading

Need a '7' in the speaking. I choose to believe you Keji that I'll be fine. However, anyone have a material that can help me prepare and tackle the questions in the writing section (general path). Please, send to spothub@yahoo.com
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by ichommy(m): 5:04pm On Apr 25, 2016
Hello Family,

My plan is to register @ Ibadan but I noticed 21st May recap to 4% available slot.

I jump to it, I download, My Passport Data page and Register.

Online payment is disable for now, I visit GTBank and viola my draft is Ready.

I will hit Ikoyi 2mao to finish my Registration.

If you are outside Lag use Ems or other Courier service don't forget to add copy of your passport data page.

Ieltsbuddy.com is my own best bet o. ( My Opinion )

I downloaded Youtube videos too.

I just check Lag 21st May, now full.

#team8bandupward
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by cafegot: 5:56pm On Apr 25, 2016
Ieltsbuddy Is just d best doh ieltsliz is also good
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by ichommy(m): 6:20pm On Apr 25, 2016
cafegot:
Ieltsbuddy Is just d best doh ieltsliz is also good

Spot On Sir, D way Ieltsbuddy explain eh.

When are u writing your test Sir?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by cafegot: 10:12pm On Apr 25, 2016
7th may,u??
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by ichommy(m): 4:18am On Apr 26, 2016
cafegot:
7th may,u??
May 21st
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by edubureauagency: 9:34am On Apr 26, 2016
ON SPOT ADMISSION FOR ROBERT GORDON UNIVERSITY, UK. KINDLY FILL THIS SURVEY FORM TO SIGNIFY YOUR INTEREST http:///forms/BLVEOfzA1W
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by koolaid87: 5:21pm On Apr 28, 2016
God bless everyone here for their input...No more question hehe
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Candy33(f): 7:32pm On Apr 28, 2016
You can learn how to master the skill to pass IELTS, SAT,TOEFL exams at www.learningways.com.ng........ Making good grades is sure here

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Solitin40: 8:27pm On Apr 28, 2016
Candy33:
You can learn how to master the skill to pass IELTS, SAT,TOEFL exams at www.learningways.com.ng........ Making good grades is sure here
What is the meaning of this? Please advitising here is not allowed
Cc justwise
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Candy33(f): 10:51am On Apr 29, 2016
Sorry i tot i was helping someone in need here...
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by ichommy(m): 11:44am On Apr 29, 2016
Candy33:
Sorry i tot i was helping someone in need here...

But You posted it in Wrong section.

Use the Education Advertising Section.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Candy33(f): 1:50pm On Apr 29, 2016
Oh ok thanks.....am new here...
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by amusco2410: 5:55pm On May 03, 2016
grin I had 7.5 overall in the test grin

Through the help of materials that I got from this tread I wrote the ielts test and had the following result:
Listening: 8
Reading: 8
Writing : 7.5
Speaking : 7
Over all: 7.5

Thanks to everyone that contributed to this success. grin

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Keji74: 6:50pm On May 03, 2016
amusco2410:

Through the help of materials that I got from this tread I wrote the ielts test and had the following result:

congrats
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by ichommy(m): 1:27am On May 04, 2016
amusco2410:

Congratulations
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by primeson1(m): 7:32am On May 05, 2016
amusco2410:

That's good to hear.... I might rewrite

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 10:15am On May 05, 2016
amusco2410:

How long does it take for the result to be released?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by princegeremi: 2:19pm On May 05, 2016
pls, i am new here,, i intending to apply for scholarship abroad and need IELTS. how long is the result valid.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Keji74: 2:37pm On May 05, 2016
princegeremi:
pls, i am new here,, i intending to apply for scholarship abroad and need IELTS. how long is the result valid.
2 years

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (159) (Reply)

2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local)

Viewing this topic: Opemipo2107

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.