Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,622 members, 7,827,328 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

GRAPHICS! Worsening Pictures Of Oyo State NYSC Camp - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / GRAPHICS! Worsening Pictures Of Oyo State NYSC Camp (9267 Views)

What Are These Pregnant Women Doing In NYSC Camp(pic) / Protest At Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp Over Delayed Allowance / Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GRAPHICS! Worsening Pictures Of Oyo State NYSC Camp by MzJackBaueress(f): 10:11am On Aug 21, 2014
Mynd44:
How are you sure there is no pipe water in the camp? undecided
75percent of the NYSC camps do not have pipe-borne water. The solely depend on water tankers for daily supply of water. Should the state governments be blamed for that problem?

2 Likes

Re: GRAPHICS! Worsening Pictures Of Oyo State NYSC Camp by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 21, 2014
MzJackBaueress: The bad toilet facilities in University of Ibadan should be blamed on Oyo state government too. Is that so?

So Berem is in the slammer after all the celebrations
Hahahahaha

The other day a kid in an Elementary school in Lagos state fell into a pit latrine and died
Did you miss that
Why you choose to see this topic in isolation beats me

1 Like

Re: GRAPHICS! Worsening Pictures Of Oyo State NYSC Camp by chamboy(m): 10:12am On Aug 21, 2014
edoyad:

Just look at this kind of draconian reasoning. Where would a majority of the Corps members end up ? If Oyo state doesn't want corps members to serve in their state anymore they should tell the FG. Meanwhile indigenes of the state go somewhere rlese to enjoy other "states'" responsibility right ?
Bro don't wanna bash abuse on u but next time learn b4 u speak

1 Like

Re: GRAPHICS! Worsening Pictures Of Oyo State NYSC Camp by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 21, 2014
This is where grown men and women posted to serve in oyo state are taking a dump

Are there sanitation workers in Oyo state employ?
Do they know about this?
What has the state done to address this violation of hygiene code

3 Likes

Re: GRAPHICS! Worsening Pictures Of Oyo State NYSC Camp by zlatansomto(m): 10:14am On Aug 21, 2014
cust0mized13: Fvctard

we'v got your 411 also. Watch your back !

Bwhahahahaahaaaaaa
Coward!!
Re: GRAPHICS! Worsening Pictures Of Oyo State NYSC Camp by chamboy(m): 10:14am On Aug 21, 2014
MzJackBaueress: The bad toilet facilities in University of Ibadan should be blamed on Oyo state government too. Is that so?
UI is a FG Uni
Re: GRAPHICS! Worsening Pictures Of Oyo State NYSC Camp by chamboy(m): 10:15am On Aug 21, 2014
UI is a FG Uni, Lautech is State
Re: GRAPHICS! Worsening Pictures Of Oyo State NYSC Camp by MzJackBaueress(f): 10:15am On Aug 21, 2014
babyosisi:

So Berem is in the slammer after all the celebrations
Hahahahaha

The other day a kid in an Elementary school in Lagos state fell into a pit latrine and died
Did you miss that
Why you choose to see this topic in isolation beats me
what you should know is that it is not the responsibility of state governments to renovate NYSC camps. You live in america all your life so you will not understand.
Btw,do you have an NYSC certificate? If you don't, allow people with their discharge certificates to discuss on this thread.

3 Likes

Re: GRAPHICS! Worsening Pictures Of Oyo State NYSC Camp by tandj: 10:16am On Aug 21, 2014

1 Like

Re: GRAPHICS! Worsening Pictures Of Oyo State NYSC Camp by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 21, 2014
NYSC itself is an abandoned FG project, so them abandoning the camp shouldn't be seen as a newsworthy situation unless something else is attached to it.

And it's easy to put a blame on the state government for FG shortcomings.

2 Likes

Re: GRAPHICS! Worsening Pictures Of Oyo State NYSC Camp by size38: 10:16am On Aug 21, 2014
Most kids on NL don't even know the institutions controlled by the federal govt and those controlled by the states. NYSC is federal govt controlled institution and the states. The states only extend hands of fellowship to the federal by assisting in providing some basic need and payment of allowee. NYSC is not state responsibility. By right, states are not suppose to spend one kobo of their little allocation in taking up federal govt responsibility. After all, the federal govt takes the lager part of the allocation leaving the states with little or nothing to work with.

6 Likes

Re: GRAPHICS! Worsening Pictures Of Oyo State NYSC Camp by chamboy(m): 10:16am On Aug 21, 2014
I actually camped in OYO it's very bad heard they've completed another one tho
Re: GRAPHICS! Worsening Pictures Of Oyo State NYSC Camp by chamboy(m): 10:18am On Aug 21, 2014
size38: Most kids on NL don't even know the institutions controlled by the federal govt and those controlled by the states. NYSC is federal govt controlled institution and the states. The states only extend hands of fellowship to the federal by assisting in providing some basic need and payment of allowee. NYSC is not state responsibility. By right, states are not suppose to spend one kobo of their little allocation in taking up federal govt responsibility. After all, the federal govt takes the lager part of the allocation leaving the states with little or nothing to work with.
Thanks Bro

4 Likes

Re: GRAPHICS! Worsening Pictures Of Oyo State NYSC Camp by obongtunji: 10:18am On Aug 21, 2014
This reminded me of my exprience when I served in Cross River state, I took tetra so that I can stay days without going to toilet and when I was ready to go to toilet I went to the town and pleaded with a man who took me to his house and from that day his house became my safe heaven. For those that said it is not state responsibility I don't agree with that. Katsina state has the best orientation camp in Nigeria and it was the then state governor's project Late Umaru Musa Yar'adua and all the facilities are still in good shape till date.

4 Likes

Re: GRAPHICS! Worsening Pictures Of Oyo State NYSC Camp by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 21, 2014
Mynd44:
How are you sure there is no pipe water in the camp? undecided

Pretty evident in that picture
No be diarrhea we dey see for pit toilet so
Does oyo state have pipe borne water and suffer it's corpers to use pit latrine

1 Like

Re: GRAPHICS! Worsening Pictures Of Oyo State NYSC Camp by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 21, 2014
obongtunji: This reminded me of my exprience when I served in Cross River state, I took tetra so that I can stay days without going to toilet and when I was ready to go to toilet I went to the town and pleaded with a man who took me to his house and from that day his house became my safe heaven. For those that said it is not state responsibility I don't agree with that. Katsina state has the best orientation camp in Nigeria and it was the then state governor's project Late Umaru Musa Yar'adua and all the facilities are still in good shape till date.

Thank you
I bet you they won't read that
Good governance demands that one takes care of structures that benefit the states directly when they are in your state
The corpers are in oyo state not a federal govt state
That is why some states pay supplements to their corpers
That is also why no sane governor would watch a bridge connecting it to other states fall and leave it because it is a federal bridge
It is foolishness to do so

2 Likes

Re: GRAPHICS! Worsening Pictures Of Oyo State NYSC Camp by eaglechild: 10:22am On Aug 21, 2014
babyosisi:

Are you evading the question?

We are taking this systematically

The corpers have no water,we saw their pit latrine and the kids lining up in search of water

Who is supposed to lay pipes and provide the state with water
Oyo state government or federal government
If the tap was running will the toilets be in that state?

If the schools were maintained, will the hostels be in that sorry state?

It is a temp site and is not expected to be state of the art but this simply shows what a regular Oyo state student passes through.

1 Like

Re: GRAPHICS! Worsening Pictures Of Oyo State NYSC Camp by MzJackBaueress(f): 10:22am On Aug 21, 2014
chamboy: I actually camped in OYO it's very bad heard they've completed another one tho
If another one has been completed,then its all good!
I served in Benue state and they don't even have a camp. The camp at wanune was razed down by the community during a riot. GSS Gboko is used as the temporary site for NYSC. Up till today,I don't think there is a permanent camp.
Who then is to be blamed?

3 Likes

Re: GRAPHICS! Worsening Pictures Of Oyo State NYSC Camp by Beync(f): 10:23am On Aug 21, 2014
Apart from the fed govt notting the camp in order, the hygienic and maintenance attitude of the people in charge of the camp can be clearly seen from those disgusting images. And who knows whether they have syphon the money meant to repair the camp to their private pocket cos I don't think fed govt couldn't hav done something if they r notified
Re: GRAPHICS! Worsening Pictures Of Oyo State NYSC Camp by neenar: 10:24am On Aug 21, 2014
zlatansomto: Omo see Yoruba sh_it! grin
Yourubas now get posted to camps in the SW, right? I bet this hediot was jubilant when he saw the thread, blatantly forgetting that his brothers constitute a high percentage of the polpoulace.

As for bigoted op, who happens to have gotten the pictures from Google, [I bet he is still in secondary school.]: there is a reason why it us called National Youth Service Corps. It is a program created by tge FG, and funded solely by it. Direct your tears to Jonathan, and stop demonizing Ajimobi!

4 Likes

Re: GRAPHICS! Worsening Pictures Of Oyo State NYSC Camp by zlatansomto(m): 10:28am On Aug 21, 2014
neenar: Yourubas now get posted to camps in the SW, right? I bet this hediot was jubilant when he saw the thread, blatantly forgetting that his brothers constitute a high percentage of the polpoulace.

As for bigoted op, who happens to have gotten the pictures from Google, [I bet he is still in secondary school.]: there is a reason why it us called National Youth Service Corps. It is a program created by tge FG, and funded solely by it. Direct your tears to Jonathan, and stop demonizing Ajimobi!
hahahahahahaha!! E pain ham grin

1 Like

Re: GRAPHICS! Worsening Pictures Of Oyo State NYSC Camp by fuckluv(f): 10:29am On Aug 21, 2014
babyosisi:

Are you evading the question?

We are taking this systematically

The corpers have no water,we saw their pit latrine and the kids lining up in search of water

Who is supposed to lay pipes and provide the state with water
Oyo state government or federal government
Neither is there water in Enugu camp and the toilets are worst! Whose responsibility is that also?
People should stop these LAME excuses to paint a particular State or Gov black abeg undecided

2 Likes

Re: GRAPHICS! Worsening Pictures Of Oyo State NYSC Camp by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 21, 2014
Grosss... Ewwwwww
Re: GRAPHICS! Worsening Pictures Of Oyo State NYSC Camp by chamboy(m): 10:29am On Aug 21, 2014
MzJackBaueress: If another one has been completed,then its all good!
I served in Benue state and they don't even have a camp. The camp at wanune was razed down by the community during a riot. GSS Gboko is used as the temporary site for NYSC. Up till today,I don't think there is a permanent camp.
Who then is to be blamed?
FG sir
Re: GRAPHICS! Worsening Pictures Of Oyo State NYSC Camp by MzJackBaueress(f): 10:31am On Aug 21, 2014
chamboy: FG sir
thank you very much!
Re: GRAPHICS! Worsening Pictures Of Oyo State NYSC Camp by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 21, 2014
fuckluv: Neither is there water in Enugu camp and the toilets are worst! Whose responsibility is that also?
People should stop these LAME excuses to paint a particular State or Gov black abeg undecided

Exactly
Post the pictures let's discuss that
Exonerating them because you think your state is the best is stoopid

1 Like

Re: GRAPHICS! Worsening Pictures Of Oyo State NYSC Camp by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 21, 2014
neenar: Yourubas now get posted to camps in the SW, right? I bet this hediot was jubilant when he saw the thread, blatantly forgetting that his brothers constitute a high percentage of the polpoulace.

Actually many Yorubas work their postings to remain in the SW
The reason they are the least knowledgeable southerners of other areas
They are often too afraid to explore
You can see it by the ignorance in many of their posts
They can't even tell that Igbo and Ibibio are different
Once they rule out Yoruba and Hausa,Everyone else is omo ibo

3 Likes

Re: GRAPHICS! Worsening Pictures Of Oyo State NYSC Camp by neenar: 10:44am On Aug 21, 2014
babyosisi:
Actually many Yorubas work their postings to remain in the SW
The reason they are the least knowledgeable southerners of other areas
They are often too afraid to explore
You can see it by the ignorance in many of their posts
They can't even tell that Igbo and Ibibio
Everyone is omo ibo
Just how did you arrive at your theory? Feasting on wild conjectures, I guess.

Oh oh, a wicked mod just pushed this to a non-viable section. Poor OP, his aim has been defeated. grin

2 Likes

Re: GRAPHICS! Worsening Pictures Of Oyo State NYSC Camp by ElFenomeno1: 10:47am On Aug 21, 2014
This is disgraceful.......... Absolutely embarrassing!
Re: GRAPHICS! Worsening Pictures Of Oyo State NYSC Camp by fuckluv(f): 10:52am On Aug 21, 2014
obongtunji: This reminded me of my exprience when I served in Cross River state, I took tetra so that I can stay days without going to toilet and when I was ready to go to toilet I went to the town and pleaded with a man who took me to his house and from that day his house became my safe heaven. For those that said it is not state responsibility I don't agree with that. Katsina state has the best orientation camp in Nigeria and it was the then state governor's project Late Umaru Musa Yar'adua and all the facilities are still in good shape till date.
Very good. Most camps in Nigeria are in a pitiable state which is bad. No one should single-out a camp as OP is trying to do.
If everyone were to start taking shots of their various camps, you will be shocked. I think Jigawa state has the best camp though.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Improved NYSC Allowance For Corp Members / Age Limit For NYSC. / Nysc Batch C 2014 Edo Corpers...lets Meet Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.